Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheDoomDude

Doom themed DND

If you're basing the entire ruleset around D&D, the monsters are going to need stats beyond HP and damage - stuff like Strength, Intelligence, Dexterity, any special skills they may have etc.

Just wanna comment how much of a full circle that idea is, given that some aspects of Doom were inspired by the team's DND sessions.

I'm also not really sure how viable it is to judge whether a system like this is truly balanced without playtesting.

That said, about this:

"CyberDemon          HP 250 DMG 1 d100 (Missile Barrage for 10 d12)"

Correct me if I'm misunderstanding, but this seems to mean that a CyberDemon rocket has the potential to only do 1 damage, and this has the same probability as it doing 100. I would recommend using multiple dice/modifiers for higher damage attacks, so the damage probabilities are a bell curve rather than a straight line.

Edited by Hartwolf

On 8/24/2019 at 4:57 AM, Hartwolf said:

potential to only do 1 damage

Thanks for pointing this out, as you can see I've changed it to 6 d20s instead.

54a.gif

If anyone else is open to suggests I'm open to hearing them. I've also added alot more to the doc then just monsters and weapons.

32 minutes ago, LadyVader1138 said:

I've been working on the same idea, though I haven't touched it in months.

Ah, a person of culture as well I see. Well feel free to use anything from mine if you'd like.

Just now, TheDoomDude said:

Ah, a person of culture as well I see. Well feel free to use anything from mine if you'd like.

I'll get what I have together later and share it and you can use whatever as well.

18 minutes ago, LadyVader1138 said:

I'll get what I have together later and share it and you can use whatever as well.

Thanks, I'm sure I'll find something useful.

2 hours ago, TheDoomDude said:

Thanks, I'm sure I'll find something useful.

Here ya go! I didn't make everything, it's mostly assembled from stuff I've found, but some monsters I made and modified others to be more inline with the 5e Modern stuff. I also did some tweaking of 5e Modern and the Demons as well. Plus, I made the BFG myself, inspired by the spell ice knife.

10 hours ago, TheDoomDude said:

I used most of the grenades and equipment items, thanks for the ideas.

No problem. I hope you and your group have a lot of fun!

6 hours ago, LadyVader1138 said:

I hope you and your group have a lot of fun

I'm sure we will, now if anyone else has any suggestions I would love to hear em, it can be anything from demons to put in, new weapon ideas, thing I could do for equipment, etc.