Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Viscra Maelstrom

Doom Eternal's campaign is around 18-22 hours long, Marty says

"Featuring new perspectives" ehhh the leak may not have been wrong,

as a side note -- regarding Hugo denying it, well he has to. that's his job. 

I imagine the DLC's will be 2-3 hrs long each similar to the Lost Missions mission pack for Doom 3

Edited by sleepiii

1 hour ago, seed said:

At the same time, if that turns out to be true, then Eternal could be the last Doom game in the foreseeable future. 

If Eternal turns out great and Id adds in proper mod support then I don't mind.

Supporting Eternal with new content for the foreseeable future instead of working on a new game in the series would keep people's thrist for more DOOM in check and would allow Id more resources on different projects as a result.

16 minutes ago, sleepiii said:

"Featuring new perspectives" ehhh the leak may not have been wrong, 

That has been there ever since the Year One Pass was announced back in June. The "leaker" could've taken this information and used it as part of his elaborate hoax.

24 minutes ago, chemo said:

Supporting Eternal with new content for the foreseeable future instead of working on a new game in the series would keep people's thrist for more DOOM in check and would allow Id more resources on different projects as a result.

I agree and it seems like this might be the last doom game for maybe the next 4-5 years and that's fine since they're doing extra campaign dlc's. I think the team at id is insanely talented + they have some of the best industry leading tech at their side, they should be given a chance to make a new IP.

42 minutes ago, chemo said:

Well I am a entitled spoiled doom fan.  I want them to be working on DLC for Doom Eternal while making the third chapter to the series.  I am guessing it will probably end after the 3rd (Doom 666) entry.

18 hours ago, Zemini said:

I think that the much BIGGER question is; does a Year One DLC imply that there will be a Year 2 DLC?

Interesting , Maybe they could be planning something similar to what Namco/Bandai have done with Tekken 7? Really stretch the content out over a long period of time. Tekken 7 came out in 2017 for consoles and they are STILL releasing content. Who knows but you raise an excellent point.

I think they also said 13 hours for Doom 2016 but it took me about half that time to finish it on moderate difficulty (UV I think).

On 9/7/2019 at 12:35 AM, chemo said:

And avoid milking the franchise as well.

I'm looking forward to the DLCs to quench our thirst for blood more Doom before it's time for a new entry in the series. Maybe id will come up with new IPs before that time comes.

I'm assuming id doesn't own Hexen but I would love them to give something like that a crack. Mostly melee focussed with magic in the new engine.

7 hours ago, whatup876 said:

I know id has the publishing rights but Raven Software is under Actvision now.

Unfortunately.

This makes seeing a new Hexen game very unlikely. I'd love a new game tbh.

Has Marty ever mentioned how long the average length for Doom 2016 was in his perspective?  That would be good for a point of reference.