Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Altazimuth

Eternity Now Has OPL3 Synthesis

Now in DRDTeam builds is OPL3 synthesis using libADLMIDI. I'd apparently did the first commit regarding this on the 20th of Sept 2017, and spent a few very large gaps not working on it.

Settings for this can be found on the first page of "Sound Options." Press enter when selecting "MIDI Device" to switch between default SDL_Mixer MIDI and libADLMIDI. OPL3 Emulator is what it says on the tin; DOSBox is the default since it's reasonably accurate and fast but @nukeykt's excellently accurate albeit less-fast Nuked OPL can be found to the left of DOSBox (1.7.4 and 1.8). OPL chip count is what it says on the tin as well, and increases number of channels allowed at the cost of more processing power required. The "Set OPL3 Bank..." option provides a massive alphabetically-sorted list of banks; I strongly suggest trying many out as they're pretty fun. You only need to load a new music track for your settings to come into effect rather than having to restart.

Thanks to @Blzut3 for updating the DRDTeam SDL2 so quickly to 2.0.10 (at my request), @Aquila Chrysaetos for reminding me of an issue I needed to fix that fixing helped enable this, @Csonicgo for DMXOPL (the default bank) and being the primary person to remind me this is a thing I wanted to implement in the first place (and for pointing me in the direction of libADLMIDI), and finally Wohlstand (the creator of libADLMIDI) for libADLMIDI and providing direct support when I needed it.

If anybody is curious then I'm willing to record MIDIs they might want to hear played back. Nothing too long please since it's a manual process of me just recording EE in Audacity and exporting to ogg.