Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
GooberMan

When screenshots just aren't enough...

I uploaded the first tech demo for my portal renderer earlier. Click here for the news page on the site which links to the download. There is one (very) noticeable glitch in it that results in sectors not being drawn sometimes. I know what needs to be done to fix it, I just need to work out the best way to fix it without making my code an absolute mess and without breaking my existing code.
If it doesn't work on your machine, email me using the info in keen.txt, and general comments should be made in this thread if you decide it's worth commenting on.

heh, yeah, that happens when you flip the camera around 180 degrees so that up is upside down. I'm gonna eventually get around to fixing that, but since that camera class I'm using probably won't be in the demo version I show off in 4-5 weeks time, it'll probably just sit there and be the same... :P

Well it's downloading now and i'll try it out.

I'll be back soonish and tell you what I think :)

EDIT: Well, it runs rather well. Hangs around 120-140fps at any time. No problems at all on my machine.

Dude, that thingy mibobber dee-lee do-dad thingy is awesome!! I spent like 30 minutes just racing myself and going around trying to stay inside the halls :D Dang thats fun ^_^

BTW, you can type in "proveit" at the console for a wireframe display which shows just what polys are being drawn (you'll find it draws some when it shouldn't, which is easilly fixable with some viewport clipping... I'll get around to it within the next week)