Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eye_con

Total Convesions web sites

i like TC's and was wondering if anyone knows of some really good sites that have good TC's listed

There isn't any, particularly since TCs aren't really any good.

myk said:

There isn't any, particularly since TCs aren't really any good.

hmmm i don't know about that i mean TCs are really like doom but they are fun for something different. and alot of the ones i used to have were pretty good, i like the different themes that there are, what your saying is pretty much like saying that heretic is a bad game. if its done right and complete it can be good. i was just asking,

oh and i obviously knew about the doom world website but will check the other out thanks

Yeah sure, it's just my opinion. Heretic is OK, although in my mind not as good as DOOM. Most other TCs tend not to be as clean or neat as Heretic and often just complicate things and make them less fun than the original game. Since DOOM is certainly my favorite computer game I usually am not interested in changing it much. but the fact stands that most TCs are a bit too amateurish, looking rough and playing badly. Only a few are well done by any standards (such as hacx, batman and aliens.)

I heard that Ghostbusters Doom is a good one. Also, just about all of the Wolfenstein maps are nice as well, even the future ones. I like the graphics in Simpsons Doom, but the sounds really need updating. I think they're only from the first three or four seasons. I can only think of one TC for Heretic, and that's the Mario TC. The graphics are good, but many of the maps tend to be taken from other sources. If you're looking for TCs for Hexen, there's only one, called Carnage Galore 3 (first episode). I consider it more of an expansion than a TC, since it doesn't replace very many things, only add new ones, like the Tome of Power. There's also something called Korax Mod 1 and 2 (2 is much better). There's no new graphics, sounds or anything like that. It only changes the behavior of the game, like adding the ability to gain levels and cast spells.

myk said:

Yeah sure, it's just my opinion. Heretic is OK, although in my mind not as good as DOOM. Most other TCs tend not to be as clean or neat as Heretic and often just complicate things and make them less fun than the original game. Since DOOM is certainly my favorite computer game I usually am not interested in changing it much. but the fact stands that most TCs are a bit too amateurish, looking rough and playing badly. Only a few are well done by any standards (such as hacx, batman and aliens.)

i can't fight the fact that alot do infact suck ass royally but i was looking for some better ones as i have played batman doom and the aliens thing and what not but i thought maybe someone knew of a good site that listed these

eye_con said:

i like TC's and was wondering if anyone knows of some really good sites that have good TC's listed

The Themes folder in ftp.gamers.org lists many of the TCs that have been released. Also check the Ports folder, as many recent TCs have been for ZDooM and other ports. Mr. NobodX suggested HACX, which I highly recommend too.

Check out Piper at the Gates of DooM for a work in progress as well as Star Wars, Half-Life, Q3A, Q2, Quake, and Hexen2-based conversions that have been released.

Ichor said:
...Also, just about all of the Wolfenstein maps are nice as well, even the future ones.

Sigh. The Wolfenstein TC. It looks fantastic, but the author totally screwed up the dehacked patch on all of them. The monsters and weapon replacements suck! But I redoing the weapons and monsters in my own little wad using bex files under zdoom and I'm planning to send it back to see if the author thinks I did a good job. And even if he doesn’t, I’ll still have my own little Wolfenstein amusement... and anyone else who is interested...

Ct_red_pants said:

hmmm... I'll tell you what, as soon as I get something finished, I'll let you beta test it. How dose that sound?

Mighty fine. If you like, email me when you're ready -- gurkha_boy@yahoo.com