Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HeadshotTAS

Miscellaneous Doom 64 Discoveries/Observations Made from Years of TASing/Research

Hey everyone. For the last few years, I've been doing in-depth research and analysis of Doom 64 in order to uncover as much knowledge about the game as possible, seeing as it's the least popular and least well-researched game in the series. I've made a full-game TAS in that time, and I was also the one to discover the credits warp in The Lair, effectively cutting the game's any% speedrun in half. Over all of that time, though, I've amassed a wealth of obscure knowledge about the game that has seen little to no documentation anywhere, much of it useless for speedrunning but still very much notable in one way or another, which is why I've decided to share it on this forum. The description of the video timestamps each individual observation and briefly describes what's happening with each one. I hope you enjoy this video!

interesting findings!

would be nice to have the video with a voice commentary also. maybe you can collaborate with someone if you don't like talking? ;-)

17 hours ago, ketmar said:

interesting findings!

would be nice to have the video with a voice commentary also. maybe you can collaborate with someone if you don't like talking? ;-)

I'm not personally interested in doing anything like that, but if somebody else wanted to make a commentary styled video about this, then they're certainly free to do so. I'd even be willing to help if necessary.