Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spishak Cola

Zipp, Zippity Zip Zip Zip...

Hello-allo...

This is a ticklish question but here it goes...

How do I like put something so its like in a zipped file?

Example: Lets say I have a level/wad and a text file, how do I put them into one zipped file thingy? I have no idea what-so-ever on how to do this...

Oh, and if these instructions aren't clear enough for you, just tell me, I'll try and clarify them.

-Thanks-

Easy.
1. Make a new zip file. Name it whatever you like.
2. Click and drag the wad into the zip file.
3. Click and drag the .txt into the zip file.

There you go. Maybe someone can explain this in greater detail than myself, though.

Go to a place like Tucows and get either Winzip or WinRAR. Both are excellent at compressing files and such. Then after you have setup the program, open 'er up, create a new archive, select the files you wanna zip up, and then zip them. There should be some documentation if you get stuck, and if not, just ask the question on here.

Screw all those mentioned programs and get POWER ARCHIVER which opens and compresses many formats. Anyway, with Power Archiver, you just right click and "compress to zip" and booyaka.

Heh, who knows maybe that does have its advantages, but I'll stick to WinRAR as usual, cause I like the bookstack icon it gives files. Plus it supports a lot of formats anyway.

By the way, nowadays URLs end in dot com. Comma com isn't supported yet, at least not where I live.