Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Noiser

DOOM 4 VANILLA v3.2

"100% vanilla compatible and full of dehacked tricks! All under the limitations of the original Doom2.exe"

So this won't work for any PWADs that were made for Ultimate Doom?

1 minute ago, Remul said:

"100% vanilla compatible and full of dehacked tricks! All under the limitations of the original Doom2.exe"

It'll probably work you just won't have all the doom 2 features

38 minutes ago, Necron 99 said:

This is badass! One little issue I found, though. The chainsaw replacing what I believe is the blursphere doesn't work correctly. I can pick it up and use it, but I can't switch out of it unless I press a number key, but then I can't switch back to it. Either way, as a budding dehacked modder myself, I absolutely adore this! Excellent work, man

Thanks for let me know. I will try my best to fix it.

38 minutes ago, Sgt Nate V said:

I tested it out on Map30 in Choco last night and a Mastermind spawned from a Spawncube

Surprise! 8D

Actually that happens out of necessity... but I think it looked kinda cool. Also, Masterminds are useful in map30, they can infight with a lot of monsters at the same time, giving you some break from other enemies.

Edited by Noiser

Of course I must say this is very impressive and fun.

However, I think it would be better if the texture, music, & map name replacements were foregone or an optional download. The replaced liquid flats make things very confusing, because you can't tell which floors are which and therefore which are damaging or not. The various liquid flats are used in different ways by different wads. And the music & map name replacements remove the individuality of mapsets you play the mod with.

20 minutes ago, whirledtsar said:

I think it would be better if the texture, music, & map name replacements were foregone or an optional download. 

I understand. But I want to keep things as simple as possible in terms of files. It's already messy enough with the map07fix thing, make them as separate files would only increase the pain. 

4 hours ago, DoomedFox said:

Im honestly impressed by this mod, the amount of dehacked work that got as close to achieving the mood and feel of Doom16 is amazing! I gotta ask, how the hell did you integrate BRIGHTMAPS into vanilla doom?! It just baffles me how this was achieved. 

Yeah! I'm a big fan of the software render, so I was very happy when I discovered that it's possible to do it, even in a hacky way. They are made modifying the COLORMAP lump with solid tones (the file is responsible for the darkness effect you see in the game).

31 minutes ago, Remul said:

To be honest, I don't recommend playing with it. Not only because I don't tested it, but the boss maps will soft-lock. Cyberdemons and Mastermind can't activate the BossDeath states similar to what happens in Map07. I think the other maps will work fine though.

Edited by Noiser

On 8/31/2019 at 4:34 PM, Noiser said:

3.PNG.9a56d3252e794da96b1a67c8accbc182.PNG

Hide contents

Unfortunately, there is a huge problem with the map07 slot. Both Mancubi and Arachnotrons (now as Cyber-Mancubus) uses different slots to work as intended. That means that they are not able to activate 666\667 sectors in Map07 anymore, soft-locking any map07 that uses that.

I found two “hacky” solutions for this:

1. Make a "default" map07 in D4V.wad that doesn't use 666\667 sectors. You will see that I actually made this using a modified Freedoom map. The bad thing is: this will bypass any other map07 from any mapset. So I found another solution:

2. Make an individual "fix" for a limited amount of pwads, swapping the 666\667 sector with another activators. There is a folder called "Map07fixes" that includes "fixes" for some mapsets. None of these interfere with the actual pwads (that remains untouched). They are separate files that you can run together with their respective wads.

For now, I only included 3 fixes: for KSSHT.wad, SCYTHE.wad and BACULUS.wad. I also made another ones, but I want to know what the community thinks about it first. The idea is making files for a lot of maps, so you could play the map07 of each one as intended. I could also make demos for some of them so you don't have to watch the desynched ones.

Maps with an open permission also gets another additions like fixing texture inconsistencies (caused by my mod) or things that will make a difference specifically for this project. However, pwads that doesn't give the same permission are treated in a more careful way, only changing what is necessary to not soft-lock the game.

I'm actually playing it with Demonfear to test compatibility, and D4V changed the level.

If you are going to make a map07 fix for the zillion wads out there that use map07 sector666/667, you will go insane!

There must be another work around to the mancubi problem.

Other solution would be to post an easy way for the users to make the map07 fix themselves

Edited by P41R47

Thanks to the way the map tweaks work, you can't choose episodes, so it messes with stuff like Wadsmoosh or the like. I also had an interesting experience on Going Down, where finishing firing the Chaingun turns you into a weird pseudo-Cyber-Mancubus or something for some reason. GZDoom use.

28 minutes ago, RaikohZX said:

I also had an interesting experience on Going Down, where finishing firing the Chaingun turns you into a weird pseudo-Cyber-Mancubus or something for some reason. GZDoom use.

Oh shit, I guess the "-nodeh" doesn't work on GZDoom.
That parameter is used to avoid clashing with other deh files, which it's why the Chaingun is messing up.

I will see if can do anything about it. In the meanwhile, try with another port or remove the DEHACKED file inside of "gd.wad" (you can do it with Slade).

Edited by Noiser

Hi! This looks amazing! I was thinking of doing the same, but only managed to edit the weapon sprites, add a new blood splat animation and got distracted. I was using the same weapon sprites as you, but  hated the muzzle flashes as they are too flat looking compared to the classic Doom ones (a result of the change in palette from the original png) so I edited all of them with muzzle flashes in the style of OG Doom to look a bit more professional. Here they are:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b57npbpu5exxu3l/D4lite.wad?dl=1

Is a weapon reskin wad using these sprites, feel free to take a look or use them if you want!

Edited by DANZA

The only thing that I can complain about is that it crashes if the built-in demos start up. This is exactly what I've been wanting since 2016.

Also, that MIDI version of 2016's "At Doom's Gate" is just perfection.

Actually, I really want a pure music WAD as well as the MP3s of these tracks cause DAMN these are fucking cool.

Edited by LadyVader1138

1 hour ago, LadyVader1138 said:

The only thing that I can complain about is that it crashes if the built-in demos start up. This is exactly what I've been wanting since 2016.

Also, that MIDI version of 2016's "At Doom's Gate" is just perfection.

I will try to remove these demos (they shouldn't even be there) and later on make new ones for different pwads. Maybe for Doom 2 as well.

4 hours ago, P41R47 said:

Other solution would be to post an easy way for the users to make the map07 fix themselves

Sorry for missing your post. Yes, that's actually a good idea. It would be neat if someone help me with the map fixes. Of course, I don't expect to have a zillion of them... but maybe a list with some nice ones?

I already finished these:
- Doom 2 The Way id Did
- Nex Credo
- Interception
- Doom 64 in Doom 2 (however this one is a bit more complicated)

I'm giving priority to vanilla maps... but I also want to make ones for Moonblood, Speed of Doom and Estranged that are boom-compatible.

Edited by Noiser

2 hours ago, Nerevarine said:

Which Doom needs to be installed?

Doom 2

5 hours ago, Armaetus said:

Please tell me infighting exists as it wasn't touched?

Infighting exists! But hell nobles and pinkies will go against his own species, because they are THAT FURIOUS! (lol that's my excuse)

This is nuts.

The only thing I can think to pick out is the dissonance between the direct-rip high quality sounds and the ones that have been put through the Doom filter.

I will overlook the Doom3 sounds snuck in there, haha. But this is fantastic, very well done. Do you happen to have a track list of the music used?

Could we not have the Revenant fireball sound as the Secret sound?? (was playing on Crispy DOOM) -- being in a tiny secret cupboard and hearing that nearly had me shat myself.

6 minutes ago, Kroc said:

Could we not have the Revenant fireball sound as the Secret sound?? (was playing on Crispy DOOM) -- being in a tiny secret cupboard and hearing that nearly had me shat myself.

The secret sound? What sound?

Ah, must be a crispy-DOOM thing! A sound plays when you find a secret. Not present in chocolate-DOOM.

6 minutes ago, Kroc said:

Ah, must be a crispy-DOOM thing! A sound plays when you find a secret. Not present in chocolate-DOOM.

Oh weird, I never heard it. But I will examine this

Crispy Doom plays the item respawn sound for secrets by default, but if it finds a lump named "DSSECRET" it'll prioritize that instead. I'd recommend just converting the one found in D4T.

54 minutes ago, SiFi270 said:

Crispy Doom plays the item respawn sound for secrets by default, but if it finds a lump named "DSSECRET" it'll prioritize that instead. I'd recommend just converting the one found in D4T.

Thanks man! I didn't know that.

27 minutes ago, bojan_dk said:

This is insane. Just one question. It's designed to be played with no mouselook, jump and crouch right?

That's more related to the map you're playing than my mod. But yeah, I tested D4V a lot using these settings.

2 hours ago, Noiser said:

Oh weird, I never heard it. But I will examine this

GZDoom also has a secret sound, however, it uses its own sound file in the main GZDoom pk3.

Also, the whole thing feels wildly unbalanced. Either that or Baculus needs rebalancing.

I'll be honest I'm not a PC gamer I've always played DOOM on console from PS1 to XBOX to PS4 I've never really been too bothered by fan projects and WADS and the like but THIS!!!?? I really wanna play this. I've gotta get this running on my MAC , it looks fucking brilliant. 

Bravo sir , very well done.

49 minutes ago, Sgt Nate V said:

Also, the whole thing feels wildly unbalanced.

The melee weapons at least are ridiculous. If you have a berserk pack you can sometimes kill a cacodemon in one hit. Which is nice and similar to Doom 2016, but it never wears off!