Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Noiser

DOOM 4 VANILLA v3.2

17 minutes ago, Loud Silence said:

Also new Pain Elementals can't move now

Yeah, that's because he replaced them with gore nests. In doom 2016, a gore nest is a stationary demonic mass/flesh being which spawns enemies in the arena when destroyed. In D4V, the gore nests replace pain elementals and spawn lostsouls while remaining stationary.

Though I am kinda concerned about this as well. Not because they don't move but because some maps could become broken because of this (like maps where pain elementals are placed in a distant area, where players autoaim doesn't work unless they could come closer).

An useful information about Gore Nests: They don't count as a "kill". You don't need to search for unreachable ones.

16 minutes ago, Noiser said:

An useful information about Gore Nests: They don't count as a "kill". You don't need to search for unreachable ones.

Well good to know. I initially thought it would be impossible to get 100% on such maps but turns out that's not the case.

@Noiser

Please remove the following lines from your MAPINFO. Those are the ones blocking (G)ZDoom users from properly using your mod in Ultimate Doom.

clearepisodes
episode map01
{
	name = "Hell On Earth"
	key = "h"
}

episode level01
{
	name = "No Rest for the Living"
	key = "n"
	optional
}

These lines are needless in Doom 2 and literally do nothing but prevent the game from finding the start maps for each episode in Ultimate Doom.

Edited by NightFright

4 hours ago, Noiser said:

I would like to include something like that but I'm unsure if your deh is vanilla or boom. You made that changing the offsets? Also, do you think it's possible to make it work with up animations?

It works in vanilla but you have to assign 2 extra frames per weapon to do it. For both the raise and lower states, have the first state with the misc fields set so the weapon is halfway down or whatever (this might not even have to be a code pointer frame, I haven't checked), then have it point to a second looping frame that continues to raise/lower normally. You can't have the lowering happen instantly because otherwise the game will queue up an immediate second switch on the 1 or 3 key.

I have problems with the controls on Chocolate Doom. I change to Wasd style in configuration, exit and save but it´s not being applied on game, cursors and default controls...Twenty tries  and nothing. Any ideas to solve it? Thanks. Move forward assigned to w and etc are showed properly on the setup menu.

Edited by South Wind

31 minutes ago, South Wind said:

I have problems with the controls on Chocolate Doom. I change to Wasd style in configuration, exit and save but it´s not being applied on game, cursors and default controls...Twenty tries  and nothing. Any ideas to solve it? Thanks.

Is chocolate-doom.cfg accidentally set to read-only?  If so, uncheck it in its file properties.

11 minutes ago, Master O said:

Is chocolate-doom.cfg accidentally set to read-only?  If so, uncheck it in its file properties.

No. It´s unchecked "solo lectura" read only...Could  i change something on cfg? I see map up but not simply up or strafe left .I thought on copy the valors of Crispy.cfg where Wasd are available on default  searching "move up" and etc  but no....

Edited by South Wind

11 minutes ago, South Wind said:

No. It´s unchecked "solo lectura" read only...Could  i change something on cfg? I see map up but not simply up or strafe left .I thought on copy the valors of Crispy.cfg where Wasd are available on default  searching "move up" and etc  but no....

These lines in chocolate-doom.cfg might or might not correspond with WASD. Try them and see what happens:

key_map_north                 72
key_map_south                 80
key_map_east                  77
key_map_west                  75

10 hours ago, Master O said:

These lines might or might not correspond with WASD. Try them and see what happens:

key_map_north                 72
key_map_south                 80
key_map_east                  77
key_map_west                  75

The cfg are on these valors by default. Thanks anyway. I will play Baculus on Crispy then.

Edit: i find a solution. on default. cfg on ports folder the valors are:

key_up                        17
key_down                      31
key_strafeleft                30
key_straferight               32

But on  default cfg (where are the bat files) are not the same. I change it and works. If helps to someone better...

Edited by South Wind

Hey, you should rename MAPINFO to ZMAPINFO to fix compatibility with Odamex. And while we are at it, removing ANIMDEFS fixes compatibility with ZDaemon, though there's inoffensive error messages, but that doesn't matter, Odamex is closer to Vanilla anyways :)

8 hours ago, Linguica said:

(this might not even have to be a code pointer frame, I haven't checked)

It's not. Offsets can be set at any time as long as A_WeaponReady is not in effect. So this means by axing the health and armor bonus animations you probably can do this easily.

17 hours ago, -TDRR- said:

Hey, you should rename MAPINFO to ZMAPINFO to fix compatibility with Odamex. And while we are at it, removing ANIMDEFS fixes compatibility with ZDaemon, though there's inoffensive error messages, but that doesn't matter, Odamex is closer to Vanilla anyways :)

On 9/5/2019 at 6:44 AM, NightFright said:

@Noiser

Please remove the following lines from your MAPINFO. Those are the ones blocking (G)ZDoom users from properly using your mod in Ultimate Doom.

Thanks a lot! I will try to get it fixed for the next release. Not sure about removing the ANIMDEFS though

1 hour ago, Noiser said:

Thanks a lot! I will try to get it fixed for the next release. Not sure about removing the ANIMDEFS though

From what i saw it literally just redefines animations that are already in Doom 2 so there's zero reason to keep it (In fact i think it may cause issues with some things).

But really, using your pistol in ZDaemon spams "YOU CAN'T USE ACTOR CODEPOINTERS IN WEAPONS!" due to A_BrainPain so i'm not sure if you should even bother.

25 minutes ago, -TDRR- said:

From what i saw it literally just redefines animations that are already in Doom 2 so there's zero reason to keep it 

Nope, It's used for faster liquid animations, also a trick regarding blood flats and glowing. I could do it with ANIMATED I guess, but then it would have even more issues since they are not cumulative.

Edited by Noiser

52 minutes ago, Noiser said:

Nope, It makes liquid animations faster, also a trick regarding blood flats and glowing. I could do it with ANIMATED I guess, but then it would have even more issues since they are not cumulative.

So just keep it then. ZDaemon compatibility is really not worth it anyways since all they play over there is Chillax and the occasional event.

Mr Icarus spends nine minutes reminding us that he's just here for the bells and whistles and he doesn't really care for playing Doom per se.

Hi , on my journey to test almost all sourceports available , i found a problem with Eternity (windows version - all versions , even the latest one) . I can load D4V.wad with no problems if it's just 1 wad + mod , but D4V.wad will be ignored if i try to load doom2 + master levels (the mod that actually includes it as separate chapter with a little menu to select the map you want to play). Am i doing something wrong? or this is just an eternity (maybe a master level menu) limitation ???. 

This also happens with GZDoom , if i want to load doom2 , no rest for the living and master levels (again with the menu created using ZDMASLEV.ipk3) Hell on earth episode will be completely ignored (on gzdoom the mod works great by loading each wad with a separete .bat file)

it would be so cool to have a master level menu for ms-dos or a way to create  single wad with all master levels and add a way to be able to force a pistol start after finishing a map 

45 minutes ago, Linguica said:

Mr Icarus spends ten minutes remining us that he's just here for the bells and whistles and he doesn't actually care for playing Doom per se.

wow he souds like an average 12yrs kid that wants to jump like crazy while farming points to upgrade his weapons with stupid things and also throwing grenades , kicking , jumping and almost doing everthing you are not supposed to do on classic Doom... =( what a shame 

2 hours ago, Pablo_Doom_Guy said:

wow he souds like an average 12yrs kid that wants to jump like crazy while farming points to upgrade his weapons with stupid things and also throwing grenades , kicking , jumping and almost doing everthing you are not supposed to do on classic Doom... =( what a shame

Understandable, since he is used to reviewing Zdoom mods. He even mentioned that he is so spoiled to ZDoom he doesn't really care for vanilla Doom stuff anymore. His video is neutral anyways.

What made me disappointed though, is the comment section. Apparently most people there don't have an idea what the hell is Dehacked. I even saw somebody insulting a dude (who defend this mod) for using DOS. Which is a shame really.

Edited by TheNoob_Gamer

Does anyone else have performance problems? If I run the mod via the shortcuts included I get a weird hitch every five seconds or so.

Doesn't happen if I manually load the mod myself.

8 hours ago, Linguica said:

Mr Icarus spends nine minutes reminding us that he's just here for the bells and whistles and he doesn't really care for playing Doom per se.

Yeah, couldn't help but notice his lack of enthusiasm here. This wasn't why I started watching ICARUSLIV3S.

5 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Understandable, since he is used to reviewing Zdoom mods. He even mentioned that he is so spoiled to ZDoom he doesn't really care for vanilla Doom stuff anymore. His video is neutral anyways.

What made me disappointed though, is the comment section. Apparently most people there don't have an idea what the hell is Dehacked. I even saw somebody insulting a dude (who defend this mod) for using DOS. Which is a shame really.

Yep i used to watch his videos but then he started to do only (G)ZDoom mods only , some of theme are ....but most of them not ( at least i don't like them) so i stop watching his videos at all , to a point that i forgot that i was still subscribed to him. But you can clearly tell by the way he is talking about the mod that he has NO IDEA what DeHackEd means.... =*(

Yep most comments are from kids that only want to play "cool gory mods" at 16k on their phones or tablets....to bad they have no idea what DeHackEd is and how difficult is to do a mod like D4V  

21 minutes ago, Dinosaurs said:

Does anyone else have performance problems? If I run the mod via the shortcuts included I get a weird hitch every five seconds or so.

Doesn't happen if I manually load the mod myself.

i don't use that version of DosBox  to play my games but will give it a try (maybe tomorrow ) i found 0 problems when using the svn-daum version

just wanted to chime in again and say how stellar this mod is. it's been a while since I've had this much interest in and fun playing unmodded doom. I'm really excited to see what kinds of encounters folks can build with D4V, because there's a lot of really novel behavior here. the projectile stream from the chaingun imps makes them really interesting long-distance enemies that create walls to discourage player movement, and the baron/cyber mancubus attack is such an awesome area-denial attack that's pretty unlike anything I've come across in non-advanced port mods

5 hours ago, Pablo_Doom_Guy said:

Yep i used to watch his videos but then he started to do only (G)ZDoom mods only

Doom Mod Madness has been focusing on ZDoom mods since the very beginning, FYI. We barely see him review vanilla Doom stuff; let alone Dehacked.

Then again he is the only famous Doom mod reviewer on Youtube, so I think he gets a free pass this time.

5 hours ago, Pablo_Doom_Guy said:

Yep most comments are from kids that only want to play "cool gory mods" at 16k on their phones or tablets....to bad they have no idea what DeHackEd is and how difficult is to do a mod like D4V 

Spoiler

Somehow, Icarus' current fanbase reminds me of Brutal Doom's fanbase - some are nice, some are flat out toxic, and some are neutral; but most are very underinformed.

EDIT: To add insult to injury...

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190907-131816_YouTube.jpg

Yes, I understand you, casual reviewer.

Edited by TheNoob_Gamer : Hiding stuff

@Noiser

I've discovered two bugs.

The first one is, monsters with a jump attack (Pinky, Spectre, Hell Knight, and Baron) will jump at you from below no matter the height difference. This becomes most apparent when in fly mode at a high altitude, but it can happen even when just walking somewhere near a cliff.

The second one is the Spider Mastermind ("Aranea Imperatrix") spawning on map 30.

3 hours ago, Get Phobo said:

@Noiser

I've discovered two bugs.

The first one is, monsters with a jump attack (Pinky, Spectre, Hell Knight, and Baron) will jump at you from below no matter the height difference. This becomes most apparent when in fly mode at a high altitude, but it can happen even when just walking somewhere near a cliff.

The second one is the Spider Mastermind ("Aranea Imperatrix") spawning on map 30.

The Spider Mastermind can't be avoided unfortunately. But hey, as I said before: they are very useful in map30: The spread attack can make a lot of monsters infight, giving you more chance to run away. I think it ended being a nice addition after all.

The jump thing, If I got it right, is a problem related to ZDoom\GZDoom. There is nothing much I can do about it.

Edited by Noiser

1 hour ago, Noiser said:

The Spider Mastermind can't be avoided unfortunately. But hey, as I said before: they are very useful in map30: The spread attack can make a lot of monsters infight, giving you more chance to run away. I think it ended being a nice addition after all.

The jump thing, If I got it right, is a problem related to ZDoom\GZDoom. There is nothing much I can do about it.

Wait, so the jump spam from the Baron is possibly a GZDoom error? 

What source port is this mod meant for? Which one does it become error free in?

It's not what you're thinking. That's barely affects gameplay.

Edited by Noiser

Hello there ! I'm not very familiar with mods so my question is maybe dumb : I'd like to play this one with Gzdoom but when i drag the D4V.wad on the Gzdoom application, instead of launching the new maps, it launches Doom 2 with the Doom 4 Vanilla textures. So what am i doing wrong ?

Edited by Roger Busson