• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Noiser

DOOM 4 VANILLA v3.2

image.png.27c4056778643f72d09bd6750d4b8149.png
DOWNLOAD 1.2 [zip mirror]

MS-DOS VERSION [zip mirror]

Be aware: This mod have better compatibility with the Doom 2 format.
You can play it with custom maps as well!

General:

• - OTEX textures are now fully compatible with D4V. Just load it with this patch: softBM_OTEX.zip
  • - Added fast weapon switching!! (Thanks @Linguica)
  • - Gore Nests have bigger sprites and slightly better animation
  • - The chainsaw is a bit less OP (but still very powerful)
  • - Barons will take a bit longer to attack + slower melee
  • - Barons will emit a grunt before starting his sequence
  • - The Cyber-Mancubi melee (ground attack) is now faster
  • - Summoners are a bit more durable (just a lil bit)
  • - Hell Razer beam have a bigger radius
  • - Better compatibility with ODAMEX (Thanks to @-TDRR-)
  • - Better sound priority for weapons on MS-DOS
  • - I made a special batch for the Chocolate Doom SETUP
    • You should be able to config Chocolate Doom with WASD now

GZDoom:

• - Ultimate Doom will start on GZDoom (Thanks to @NightFright)
  • - Fixed Backpack Drones not being shootable with freelook 
  • - Fixed the Hell Razer sound when you get close to them
  • - Fixed Pinkies not being gibbed as it happens on other ports\vanilla
  • - Fixed Chainsaw idle sound with little "pops"
  • - Improvements for brightmaps (hardware mode): 
    • Fixed monitors with the wrong UAC logo 
    • Gore Nests will glow on death animations
    • Fire from jetpacks will glow as intended

Edited by Noiser

This better be hosted on Odamex now that it's compatible with it!

Also, really liking the rebalances to the game, in particular the Chainsaw and Baron nerfs.

Great job with this update!

fantastic work :D really excited that Linguica's weapon switching is officially part of this.

do you think you might also be able to provide .zip mirrors for all the .rar files at some point? edit: I'm dumb and you already did, thanks Noiser!!

Edited by Tango

35 minutes ago, Tango said:

do you think you might also be able to provide .zip mirrors for all the .rar files at some point?

Oh, It should be there already. 

Btw, have a look at the OTEX patch @Tango, it may be handy for your maps

OK! Same 486 challenge is still out there waiting to be beaten. Also, new addition to that challenge, make this mod run on any wacky devices you can make it run. Try copy machines, ATMs, Car Nav systems, ANYTHING that can run this, do it! Youtube or it didn't happen! Happy trails!

Note: I am not a programming whiz or an owner of old hardware, so I cannot do either! :)

Hey, so I'm fairly new to the Doom community. I have some experience with getting mods to work, i.e. Project Brutality via ZDL, a hud mod and music to go with that, and using GZDoom in general as a source port. I've read through this thread and still have no idea how to run this through GZDoom. Can I use ZDL? Or is there some shit i just don't know. An in depth guide would be great...

12 minutes ago, OneDaemonyBoi777 said:

Hey, so I'm fairly new to the Doom community. I have some experience with getting mods to work, i.e. Project Brutality via ZDL, a hud mod and music to go with that, and using GZDoom in general as a source port. I've read through this thread and still have no idea how to run this through GZDoom. Can I use ZDL? Or is there some shit i just don't know. An in depth guide would be great...

there's no in depth guide to load wads , its all the same no matter which wad you want to run with gzdoom , as i said before the default syntax for a bat file is this

[port.exe] -iwad [doom.wad or doom2.wad] -file [wad] [mod/s] [map7fix] [and pk3/ipk3 files]

So this is how your DOOM2 + D4V .bat file should look

gzdoom.exe -iwad doom2.wad -file d4v.wad

Scythe + D4V

gzdoom.exe -iwad doom2.wad -file scythe.wad d4v.wad fscythe.wad

This works with all sourceports (and even on ms-dos) if you want to play on crispy doom create the same file on your crispy doom folder and replace gzdoom.exe for crispydoom.exe or if you are playing on ms-dos/dosbox mbf.exe and the rest is the same.

i'm not a gzdoom player , but i always test all my wads on almost every port (main is vanilla on dosbox) but i like to test them on chocolate doom / crispy doom (i like the fact that i can manually set a 16:10 aspect ratio ) , eternity , mbf for windows and gzdoom 

Hope it helps

PS: the pk3 and ipk3 files are only needed for loading extra stuff like a new hud , not needed to play this particular mod

25 minutes ago, OneDaemonyBoi777 said:

Can I use ZDL?

yep! I use ZDL for everything and it works here for me too. just add d4v.wad (no need to add the deh file or anything else) to your file list, select GZDoom, and launch. should be good to go from there! are you experiencing any particular trouble with this method, or were you just uncertain if it would work properly?

10 minutes ago, Tango said:

yep! I use ZDL for everything and it works here for me too. just add d4v.wad (no need to add the deh file or anything else) to your file list, select GZDoom, and launch. should be good to go from there! are you experiencing any particular trouble with this method, or were you just uncertain if it would work properly?

I was concerned it wouldn't work, so i figured I'd ask first. Thx!

3 hours ago, OneDaemonyBoi777 said:

@Tango Thx for the help! I just got it running through ZDL and it's great! Will have to try out the maps next as well, see if I can get thos runnning as well.

Don't forget that D4V.wad should be above the pWADS to work as intended.

You should be able to see the DOOM 2016 TITLE SCREEN if it's the correct order.

I added more information about this on the "txt" file.

Edited by Noiser

3 hours ago, Noiser said:

Don't forget that D4V.wad should be above the pWADS to work as intended.

But it depends on pWADS and what is more important to you, DOOM 2016 TITLE SCREEN or pWADS music, for example.

Oh shit, I had to fix a new bug with the Berserk doesn't switching your weapon to the fists (GZDoom)

I think it's not enough to call it "2.1.1", so I will just leave as 2.1.

I would kindly ask you to download again if you want that fixed. The link was already updated.

Sorry about that!

Edited by Noiser

I know exactly what you mean. Happens when you change the fist actor. Berserk powerup still expects the old fists.

Personally I actually like this "bug" since you rarely want to actually do fistfighting when picking up berserk packs.

I'm still having an issue with Computer Deathmatch 4. The Hell Razer that replaces the chaingun player\bot is abusing bfg shots instead of the red lasers

I think it's safe to say you're not going to be able to combine this with other dehacked patches like comp-dm.

You can't combine DEHs with other stuff willy nilly, it doesn't work that way. If two DEHs work together it's because neither changes anything the other one changes. They aren't strictly additive in the way you might expect mods in other games to be.

10 minutes ago, fraggle said:

I think it's safe to say you're not going to be able to combine this with other dehacked patches like comp-dm.

7 minutes ago, Linguica said:

You can't combine DEHs with other stuff willy nilly, it doesn't work that way. If two DEHs work together it's because neither changes anything the other one changes. They aren't strictly additive in the way you might expect mods in other games to be.

Oh wow... yikes. I'm open for alternatives on chocolate vita, since they're the only ones i could find. If comp-dm cooperated better, it'd be more enjoyable than dying multiple times to the bfg spam.

I haven't used any DOOM Mods in years and would love to get this one working.

The download links re-direct to dropbox where I am unable to do anything except save the file as a webpage which in turn takes me back to the dropbox. How can I save as a .zip to extract? Am I missing something? :(

49 minutes ago, BimmyLEE said:

The download links re-direct to dropbox where I am unable to do anything except save the file as a webpage which in turn takes me back to the dropbox. How can I save as a .zip to extract? Am I missing something? :(

On the top-right corner you can find a Download button - just click there and choose "Direct Download"

image.png.1b270e23c654d15a0d8a36c04bba322c.png

1 minute ago, Noiser said:

On the top-right corner you can find a Download button - just click there and choose "Direct Download"

image.png.1b270e23c654d15a0d8a36c04bba322c.png

That is what I thought should be there but it is just showing a blank screen. It is picking up that I am signed into Dropbox and allows me to comment but now download. RIP :(

I've been pulling it up in Chrome. I tried it on Microsoft Edge and it let me download. YAY! :D

THANKS!

54 minutes ago, BimmyLEE said:

click on "Download" on the top right corner and then click on "direct download" 

1089219709_d4vdownload.png.691b0a180091bf6127b02ff5c2771a40.png

2 minutes ago, Pablo_Doom_Guy said:

click on "Download" on the top right corner and then click on "direct download" 

1089219709_d4vdownload.png.691b0a180091bf6127b02ff5c2771a40.png

I got it. For some reason the direct download wasn't showing in Chrome for me. Weird. I've never had a problem with Dropbox in the past so I assumed I was doing something wrong.

2 minutes ago, BimmyLEE said:

I got it. For some reason the direct download wasn't showing in Chrome for me. Weird. I've never had a problem with Dropbox in the past so I assumed I was doing something wrong.

That's weird , i don't have a dropbox account and i'm using Chrome also

19 minutes ago, BimmyLEE said:

in case it does ever happen again, I think if you take any dropbox download link and change the "dl=0" at the end to "dl=1", it'll just download the file directly instead of showing the webpage and making you click the download button yourself. I haven't extensively tested it, but I started doing this with all my dropbox links recently and it seems to work!