Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Noiser

DOOM 4 VANILLA v3.2

17 hours ago, Rathori said:

Just gave it a shot and it looks awesome. Getting my arse kicked by the mobs with unexpected behaviours and relearning to aim with off-center weapons :D

I've ran into an issue, though - E2M8 and E3M8 can't be finished because boss death doesn't trigger end of level anymore. Not sure if known and/or fixable, but would be nice if it worked :P I'm using D4V 1.2, tested in both prboom-plus 2.5.1.7um and gzdoom 4.2.1.

that's a known issue with the mod when you play ultimate doom , it soft-locks the game on those levels , but the rest of the game is fully playable , i think it's an issue with spider mastermind and cyberdeamons not triggering the ending of each level =( . i don't know if there's going to be a fix (remember that this mod was made for Doom2 ) 

3 hours ago, Thorogrimm said:

Hey, is there going to be an option in future to download or turn off the added soundtrack? As much as I like it, I'd sometimes prefer to play this with the intended soundtrack that some wads offer.

you can do it by yourselft , open the wad using slade , delete all the midi files (35 files) and then save and enjoy =)

4 hours ago, Thorogrimm said:

I'd sometimes prefer to play this with the intended soundtrack that some wads offer.

If you load your wad, which contains the music, after D4V then you should have the music you want.

On 9/20/2019 at 3:05 AM, GarrettChan said:

Plutonia w/ D4V Part 1

It's actually pretty fun with Plutonia. I may eventually do the whole game if there isn't a level completely broken because of the changed monster behaviors.

Thanks a lot @GarrettChan! I would love to see more! I saw Dime playing Plutonia as well, so I think you're safe. The only broken map should be map07 and that will be replaced by another one.

Btw, I noticed that the fist is unaligned when played on prBoom. Anyone knows why?

On 9/20/2019 at 8:50 AM, Thorogrimm said:

Hey, is there going to be an option in future to download or turn off the added soundtrack? As much as I like it, I'd sometimes prefer to play this with the intended soundtrack that some wads offer.

Yes, I'm trying to work on a lite version - made for level designers - that removes some of the most invasive resources like the music. I'm not sure if I will be able do to it yet, but I really want to.

On 9/19/2019 at 5:16 PM, whatup876 said:

Why does the CyberMancubus shoots an explosive projectile instead of something a bit closer to slime that stays there until it's gone?

Is it a balance thing or a technical one?

A technical thing - It was the closest I could get, but in the end I was happy with it.

Edited by Noiser

1 hour ago, Noiser said:

Thanks a lot @GarrettChan! I would love to see more! I saw Dime playing Plutonia as well, so I think you're safe. The only broken map should be map07 and that will be replaced by another one.

I'm on Map08 now, so I know it's safe. The next part will be on momentarily.

@Noiser, do you think you might be able to share any info on the specifics of the D4V 1.2 deh and how you implemented the faster-but-not-instant switching? I am pretty perplexed by the extra frames in the firing state of each weapon, despite Linguica's explanation of how vanilla instant weapon switching should work. it looks like there's a seemingly random extra 0-duration firing frame in each weapon but the raise and lower states look untouched

question. is there a way to make this work with GZdoom? i'm having issues with the config, as Chocolate and Crispy Doom don't seem to have proper in game config menus, opting for what i assume to be DOS based configs. for some reason, the alterations don't seem to work, and the ones that do aren't as important, such as swapping Use from Space to E. anything related to Movement binds or using the Right Mouse Button to Use, don't seem to work, as well as Cripsy Doom's "Jump" command being outright useless (doesn't work no matter what bind i set it to), which is a pain for me because there is a red key in the first level of the Baculus Wad that i can't get to because the platform is elevated with no way whatsoever to lower it, blocking my progress.

57 minutes ago, XacielKnight said:

as Chocolate and Crispy Doom don't seem to have proper in game config menus, opting for what i assume to be DOS based configs

Remember that Chocolate Doom is an exact replica of 90s Dooms' gameplay; and thus has a very limited options menu and exact same controls as the originals, so what do you mean by saying "E for use"? 

Crispy Doom is way more advanced than that, and featured a vastly improved options menu.

If you wanted to change the controls, refer to crispy(chocolate)-doom-setup.exe and bind the jump key there + enable the jump option in Crispy Doom's Crispiness options.

Anyways, you are not meant to jump/crouch in Vanilla/Boom-compatible wads.

17 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Remember that Chocolate Doom is an exact replica of 90s Dooms' gameplay; and thus has a very limited options menu and exact same controls as the originals, so what do you mean by saying "E for use"? 

You can rebind the use function in Chocolate Doom.

2 minutes ago, maxmanium said:

You can rebind the use function in Chocolate Doom.

I do aware that you can still rebind the keys in Chocalate Doom's setup executable, I'm just saying that I don't get it when that dude said the "DOS based configs" (I'll assume he was referring to the controls in this case) contains controls like "E for use".

2 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

I do aware that you can still rebind the keys in Chocalate Doom's setup executable, I'm just saying that I don't get it when that dude said the "DOS based configs" (I'll assume he was referring to the controls in this case) contains controls like "E for use".

They can, you just have to use the setup utility included with vanilla Doom. Not sure if it is included with the Steam or GOG releases though...

17 minutes ago, Tango said:

@Noiser, do you think you might be able to share any info on the specifics of the D4V 1.2 deh and how you implemented the faster-but-not-instant switching? I am pretty perplexed by the extra frames in the firing state of each weapon, despite Linguica's explanation of how vanilla instant weapon switching should work. it looks like there's a seemingly random extra 0-duration firing frame in each weapon but the raise and lower states look untouched

It's a trick using offsets... you see, there are these spots called "Unused 1" and "Unused 2", you can use that to align your sprites. If they are aligned more at the bottom (or closer to the center) they will technically switch faster because the raise\down animation will go half of their way.

1 hour ago, XacielKnight said:

question. is there a way to make this work with GZdoom? i'm having issues with the config, as Chocolate and Crispy Doom don't seem to have proper in game config menus, opting for what i assume to be DOS based configs. for some reason, the alterations don't seem to work, and the ones that do aren't as important, such as swapping Use from Space to E.

What version are you using? I included a setup bat for the chocolate and for the DOSBox pack. If it's not working on 1.2, tell me that I will fix as soon as possible.

Guys, please let me know - are you being able to set it with the batch I included?

Edited by Noiser

2 hours ago, XacielKnight said:

question. is there a way to make this work with GZdoom? i'm having issues with the config, as Chocolate and Crispy Doom don't seem to have proper in game config menus, opting for what i assume to be DOS based configs. for some reason, the alterations don't seem to work, and the ones that do aren't as important, such as swapping Use from Space to E. anything related to Movement binds or using the Right Mouse Button to Use, don't seem to work, as well as Cripsy Doom's "Jump" command being outright useless (doesn't work no matter what bind i set it to), which is a pain for me because there is a red key in the first level of the Baculus Wad that i can't get to because the platform is elevated with no way whatsoever to lower it, blocking my progress.

this mod wors with almost every port i've tested it so far (only port that "crashes" is zdoom v1.17c for DOS , but i dont care since there is no music on that version and won't play doom withou being able to emulate a roland sc ) . With that being said , it works flalessly on gzdoom . Chocolate and crispy doom run this mod with no issues , your keyboard/mouse options must be set using the chocolate/crispy-doom-setup.exe 

32 minutes ago, Noiser said:

What version are you using? I included a setup bat for the chocolate and for the DOSBox pack. If it's not working on 1.2, tell me that I will fix as soon as possible.

Guys, please let me know - are you being able to set it with the batch I included?

i'm using my own .bat menu for dosbox/crispy and chocolate and even gzdoom ,but i've tested your included .bat file and it works flawlessly , using your modded doom2.exe ,boom and mbf 2.04 "sigil edition" sourceports as well. 

49 minutes ago, maxmanium said:

They can, you just have to use the setup utility included with vanilla Doom. Not sure if it is included with the Steam or GOG releases though...

it's included on both gog and steam versions 

10 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Crispy Doom is way more advanced than that, and featured a vastly improved options menu.

If you wanted to change the controls, refer to crispy(chocolate)-doom-setup.exe and bind the jump key there + enable the jump option in Crispy Doom's Crispiness options.

Anyways, you are not meant to jump/crouch in Vanilla/Boom-compatible wads.

regardless, unless i am able to jump in this particular portion of the map, i can't even progress. and i especially find it jarring that even after i alter the controls, at least for chocolate doom, they don't really change at all. i'm a WASD to move kind of player, so having to move and turn without strafing kinda puts me off, especially since i see no reason why my rebinds aren't working.

if i can get the ports working well control wise as is, i may not even need to try my usual source port, i'd just need to get those others to actually work with my binds. to be fair, however i'm not good with any part of DOOM on a technical or programming level, so for all i know my fiddling could screw something up.

12 minutes ago, XacielKnight said:

regardless, unless i am able to jump in this particular portion of the map, i can't even progress. and i especially find it jarring that even after i alter the controls, at least for chocolate doom, they don't really change at all. i'm a WASD to move kind of player, so having to move and turn without strafing kinda puts me off, especially since i see no reason why my rebinds aren't working.

if i can get the ports working well control wise as is, i may not even need to try my usual source port, i'd just need to get those others to actually work with my binds. to be fair, however i'm not good with any part of DOOM on a technical or programming level, so for all i know my fiddling could screw something up.

Spoiler

Have you actually read my post?

Choco2.PNG.153fe74c6ea49d2068d9cf2046fcd3ec.PNGCHoco1.png.392ef9d77f7a22faea9adb842880e98b.pngHave you 

You could litterally use those files to modify the controls.

And the menu would look like this - just go to the "configure keyboard" option.

image.png.3b6989c23ffcd54392b2becdf632e30f.png

If you want jumping in Crispy Doom, then click the spoiler tag below.

Spoiler

Choco3.PNG.c76d7e77458a6f1ea175c0c04dd5d6fb.PNGChoco4.PNG.ee802eaae2725329c2709722fa29deae.PNG

Basically, go to Options from the main menu -> Crispyness -> Get to page 4 and then enable the allow jump option to your liking.

No, using the setup from the folder will not work for him. 

He need to open the setup from the .BAT file
I renamed it a few times, but the last one is: [SETUP-choco].bat

If you are not finding it, download D4V v1.2 again. Please @XacielKnight, tell me what version you are using and if you tried what I said.
You should be able to play Chocolate Doom or the DOSbox version with WASD + mouse.

About Baculus, I don't know exactly what happened. The author disabled jumping on GZDoom, so you shouldn't do that anyway. 

Edited by Noiser

Having completed BACULUS with D4V, I can say for certain that jumping would completely break the game.

if jumping breaks Baculus, how in god's name am i supposed to get that red key? i've literally gone through every room on the map i could reach and found nothing.

when i have time i'll start trying things out. currently not at home.

edit: okay, stupid me, i just fixed it. apparently i was editing the wrong config. choco DOOM works now. the only issue i still have is Baculus' map design. still found no way to get to that red key.

Edited by XacielKnight

2 hours ago, XacielKnight said:

if jumping breaks Baculus, how in god's name am i supposed to get that red key? i've literally gone through every room on the map i could reach and found nothing.

when i have time i'll start trying things out. currently not at home.

edit: okay, stupid me, i just fixed it. apparently i was editing the wrong config. choco DOOM works now. the only issue i still have is Baculus' map design. still found no way to get to that red key.

you need to press that switch (the other one reveals a secret on the other room , a green armor) . If you stand near the key before pressing the switch it will lower down forever , but you can still press both switches . 

101722076_Baculusllaveroja.png.816a9e6c95f7f6d70ca5dad5114033f7.png

Edited by Pablo_Doom_Guy

Thank you for your great work, Noiser!

One tweak though: if you do double punches with left fist first, in idle stand you should hold the left fist forward and the right one backward.

That's what my little fix does, smoothening the animation a bit as well (mirrored the PUNGA0 and moved PUNGB0 sprites a bit).

I made similar fixes for other mods with double punches: REKKR and STRAIN.

D4V_punch_fix.zipDOOM0004.png.da1e0493a8601fa89e8afcda10f37571.png

the only real issue i have which makes the fists detrimental is that the Zombies can hit you the very moment you get close, so if the detection "auto directs" you to the enemy, you take damage with no chance of actually avoiding damage. i've noticed this trying to use melee on lone Zombies, and it just doesn't work for me, keep taking damage even when it feels like nothing happened.

something you should maybe look into and tweak.

also, despite using the updated version, the chainsaw is still pretty overpowered. kinda questioning if i even did download the updated D4V or if i'm using base.

On 9/21/2019 at 5:05 PM, GarrettChan said:

@Noiser I don't know how maps work, but on Map06 there are some monsters stuck in the monster closet, and this happens again on Map09 (next video).

Thanks for your video @GarrettChan. I was only able to see it now. 
Weird, Gore Nests doesn't count as "kills", so I don't know exactly why that happened to you on Map06. I will give a look on that.

On 9/23/2019 at 7:41 AM, Zodomaniac said:

One tweak though: if you do double punches with left fist first, in idle stand you should hold the left fist forward and the right one backward.

That's what my little fix does, smoothening the animation a bit as well (mirrored the PUNGA0 and moved PUNGB0 sprites a bit).

Thanks man! I will test it and see if I can add to the next version.

19 hours ago, XacielKnight said:

also, despite using the updated version, the chainsaw is still pretty overpowered. kinda questioning if i even did download the updated D4V or if i'm using base.

Are you playing on GZDoom? Because the chainsaw will always be unbalanced there due to how hit detection works on that port.
I already removed an entire action pointer from the Chainsaw. If I remove another one, the weapon will be useless against bigger enemies. 

I'm testing right now on Crispy (WASD) and it doesn't feel too OP for me (despite being a powerful weapon). I keep dying on harder maps if I use it for too long. The weapon should be effective to stunlock single enemies, but also making you vulnerable to the near groups.

I will see if I can do anything else about it (supposing you not played on GZDoom), but I doubt I can do more than I already did.

Edited by Noiser

4 minutes ago, Noiser said:

Weird, Gore Nests doesn't count as "kills", so I don't know exactly why that happened to you on Map06. I will give a look on that.

There are Hell Knights in the monster closet. You can see them here without gameplay MOD.

Hi evreyone!

First thing first, awesome job!!! Very impressiv!!

is it possible to make this beautyful present, compatible on gba console?

i’m intresting on that ans can support you as well!

once again, very very nice job! 

Many thanks

4 hours ago, Jack W. West said:

Hi evreyone!

First thing first, awesome job!!! Very impressiv!!

is it possible to make this beautyful present, compatible on gba console?

i’m intresting on that ans can support you as well!

once again, very very nice job! 

Many thanks

GBA port of Doom's source code has never been released AFAIK => no pwad support on GBA, unless you try to mess around with the game's ROM itself.

Part 4, and the next one will have everybody's favorite: Go 2 It

@NoiserSorry if I missed somewhere. Can you kindly to explain how BFG work for me in this MOD? It doesn't seem to have the tracers like the original one.

Thanks again @GarrettChan! It's always entertaining to see playthroughs like this one.
Answering some of your questions:

- The range limitation on Hell Razers are there to minimize sprite overflows on vanilla, but I will probably extend the range a bit. Also, I was thinking of make his charge faster. What do you think?

- About hitboxes - Hell Knights actually have a smaller radius and the Revenant was not changed at all. I would never make it bigger than vanilla. Maybe it's something related to their speed or a source-port thing.

- BFG is almost the same. The spray was not changed, so the tracers will spawn as expected.

Thanks again! The feedback is very important for the project.

Edited by Noiser