Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Noiser

DOOM 4 VANILLA v3.2

@ Noiser : Thanks !

Sadly, the .zip file won't work either.
Maybe it is due to the .bat files you mentioned. It's weird though, because I can still download and open Deus Vult II First Edition (which contains .bat files as well).

Edit : yay, it worked !!
Noiser kindly compiled another .zip file for me.

Thanks a lot ;)
I'm gonna try it on Khorus' Speedy Shit.

Edited by WH-Wilou84

This is fucking amazing. Until now, my go-to D2016 mod has been D4T Crucible, but this may give it a run for its money. Thank you for all the hard work and further pushing the boundaries of the Doom modding possibilities.

I'd suggest to also make a thread on the ZDoom forums, they need to see this.

By the way, all the included DEMO lumps appear to have been recorded in version 1.666, not version 1.9. Also don't forget this tool 

Edited by Linguica

14 minutes ago, Linguica said:

hmmm

It seems like you're loading the D62D2 on top of mine... I guess?

Even so, the d64d2 wad needs a special patch or will not be compatible with my mod (for a lot of reasons). I want to release it for the next update, or as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, Đeⓧiaz said:

I suggest to upload this mod also on ModDB.

10 minutes ago, Yebudoom said:

I'd suggest to also make a thread on the ZDoom forums, they need to see this.

Oh, I will! Also on the Doomer Board forum.
I'm just slackin off a bit 8D

so... i downloaded this masterpiece ( :D ) aaaand... it didn't allow me unpack everything but when i double clicked and opened .zip file like folder i copied .wad and .deh files without an issue. So... the issue is probably because windows doesn't like downloaded .bat files

I'm almost finished with a small first map made for the mod! Couple of things:

Shotgun weapons, especially the regular shotgun, have so little kickback. It looks kind of weird.

I got this error when trying to run the mod with Zandronum v2.1.2. The wad does start with Zandronum v3.0.0, but the same error and a few others appear in the log:

Spoiler

2019-09-01%20D4V%20zandronum%20error.png

2019-09-01%20D4V%20zandronum%20error%20v

What i've absolutely love about this mod, is that sometimes when playing in choco pinkies will do this tiny jumps when there's a corpse in front of them making it look like if it's excited to see you or got really mad at you :P

Excelent work, it's really impressive this is all vanilla compatible not to mention quite fun to play, im having a blast playing it!

It occurred to me that a Dehacked gameplay mod would be the perfect place for this hack: 

You would have to have a little delay for the dual use 1 and 3 keys but otherwise you could let people switch weapons near-instantly.

Im honestly impressed by this mod, the amount of dehacked work that got as close to achieving the mood and feel of Doom16 is amazing! I gotta ask, how the hell did you integrate BRIGHTMAPS into vanilla doom?! It just baffles me how this was achieved. 

FYI I tried chainsawing a Cyberdemon and all the monsters in the level became "ghost monsters" that could pass through walls and couldn't be hit, which is a clear sign of an intercepts overflow. My initial bet is that chainsawing the Cyberdemon causes a ton of blood sprites to form and because you have the blood pooling effect this causes over 128 blood sprites to accumulate, and the chainsaw tracer overflows a buffer and causes bad things to happen.

Works and plays smooth as butter in Eternity Engine. Normally i never play any mods, but this one is really catchy. Music sounds epic with DMXOPL and Yamaha S-YXG50. Thank you, @Noiser, i hope you will solve problem with map07 slot.

Now this is pretty awesome!!! Making it vanilla is the ultimate compatibility mode. Thanks, Noiser!!! Your work is so much appreciated!. Diggin it in Crispy Doom with Demonfear.

Noiser! Seeing this, I specially registered to express my gratitude and admiration to you! Yes, you are definitely a Talent with a capital letter. Carmack himself could do that. While you can’t even find a simple weaponpack on vanilla, let alone new monsters, do this only a genius could! Go on, don't stop. Good luck!

3 hours ago, Linguica said:

nuts.wad does not get along very well with this lol

KKeWQe1.gif

Did the quadratic formula just explode? 

This is badass! One little issue I found, though. The chainsaw replacing what I believe is the blursphere doesn't work correctly. I can pick it up and use it, but I can't switch out of it unless I press a number key, but then I can't switch back to it. Either way, as a budding dehacked modder myself, I absolutely adore this! Excellent work, man

EDIT: I'm using GzDoom 4.0