Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Noiser

DOOM 4 VANILLA v3.2

I made a DEH hack that makes the weapons switch faster.

It looks a little odd because for certain reasons I had to make the weapon-up animation be skipped entirely. This could be reintroduced at the cost of an extra code pointer frame for each weapon.

DOWNLOAD DEH: d4v-fast.deh.zip

I gave the first 3 maps of Sunder a go, and the mod seemed to work out pretty well.

D4VSunder.jpg.8430d18a0f74440e17ffe791292de697.jpg

A few things that struck me: Hordes of Hell Knights and Barons tend to self destruct rapidly from infighting. Summoners are complete

bastards, but don't feel unbalanced. Cyberdemons are a lot of fun to fight, though their hit-box can feel a bit short due to the size of

the sprite. The Revenant hit-box feels a bit narrow when firing streams of rockets at them. Cyber-Mancubi sometimes end up unable to

threaten the player at all, as their projectiles only have a limited range compared to an Arachnotron.

Edited by Urthar

3 hours ago, Linguica said:

I made a DEH hack that makes the weapons switch faster.

It looks a little odd because for certain reasons I had to make the weapon-up animation be skipped entirely. This could be reintroduced at the cost of an extra code pointer frame for each weapon.

DOWNLOAD DEH: d4v-fast.deh.zip

Oh, Linguica! We are nothing without you!

You truly understand what people needs and wants to play!

Look great, but: 

"Execution could not continue.

Script error, "D4V.wad:DECORATE" line 631:
Replaced type 'Motherdemon' not found in DH_Cyberdemon"

Edit: Nevermind, fixed it.

Edited by D88M3R

1 hour ago, DderNabroc said:

sad face :( it doesnt work with ultimate doom

It does work , using doom2.exe , MBF or BOOM

Here is an example using MBF 2.04

Sigil

mbf -file sigil d4v -deh d4v

doom_dv4.png.91f1bd45f253f1d1b9931f83c601f8b5.png

Ultimate doom

mbf -file d4v -deh d4v

doom_dv4_2.png.3d8288eb7e4f94216a25b91e140250b3.png

when using mbf sourceport there is no need to add the file extensions .wad or .deh 

it also works with other doom1 wads like newdoom , wonderfull doom , the way id did , the way id did lost episodes etc. 

By the way i LOVE this mod , i always try to keep things as vanilla as possible , i dont like brutal doom or any of this new gzdoom mods (maybe beautiful doom a little bit) or any gzdoom exclusive wad (i even skip windows sourceport only wads like the master levels menu for gzoom/eternity) because they are not 100% vanilla compatible , but this one not only looks great but it's also 100% vanilla compatible and even with doom1 (wich i know it was not designed for ) . 

So a big thank you Noiser , you are a genius =) , my only "complain" is about the weapons not being centered , other than that im super happy , i found this mod after watching a livestream of KingDime on twitch 

4 hours ago, Pablo_Doom_Guy said:

my only "complain" is about the weapons not being centered 

In the mean time, you can use crosshairs.

I had some fun with this mod. It's really cool and I like it. The only thing missing is a nice kick.

this mod is fantastic.  watched Dime playing plutonia with it and it looked great, and finally got the chance to play some myself yesterday. are you open to folks including the whole project in their own mapsets for this? like, say someone made a small episode and wanted to bundle it with the mod, with some slight tweaks maybe

Edited by Tango

4 hours ago, Tango said:

this mod is fantastic.  watched Dime playing plutonia with it and it looked great, and finally got the chance to play some myself yesterday. are you open to folks including the whole project in their own mapsets for this? like, say someone made a small episode and wanted to bundle it with the mod, with some slight tweaks maybe

Thanks man! I'm glad you liked!

I would ask you to not changing it yet, at least for now. it could get messy with a lot of different versions around.
But of course, feel free to bundle it with your own maps! it's also alright to remove any restrictive resource to feat your own - like skies, music or map names. I think you can do that by simply loading your sources above mine though.

Edited by Noiser

Hi, I'm a noob at installing Doom mods. I really love your mod and wanted to play it on Doomsday engine, but I'm having a problem. I made a .bat file with a command like this: doomsday -file SCYTHE.wad D4V.wad FSCYTHE.wad -nodeh -deh D4V.deh. I installed the Doomsday engine into the PORTS folder and when I launch the .bat file, it doesen't work. It just immediately closes when I click on it. Can you help me?

I understand that it's not exactly within the scope of the project, yet it still feels like a bit of a shame that the mod doesn't work properly with DOOM 1. @Noiser, would it be possible to make a version compatible with that IWAD sometime in the future? I'm not talking about the original DOS executable compatibility, source port version (or a patch?) will do just fine.

57 minutes ago, Noiser said:

Thanks man! I'm glad you liked!

I would ask you to not changing it yet, at least for now. it could get messy with a lot of different versions around.
But of course, fell free to bundle it with your own maps! it's also alright to remove any restrictive resource to feat your own - like skies, music or map names. I think you can do that by simply loading your sources above mine though.

fantastic, thanks so much. I dont have any concrete plans at this point but the idea of a small episode is definitely floating around in my head. when I said changes, I was really only referring to including Linguica's fast weapon switch mod, as well as yeah changing all the skies, map names, music, and likely fonts and stuff as well. is that all within the scope of stuff you consider being ok to modify and bundle?

@Noiser This is incredible, can't wait to get home from work to play this amazing mod!🤯Thank you! The Doom modding community is simply amazing!

1 hour ago, Kamez104 said:

Hi, I'm a noob at installing Doom mods. I really love your mod and wanted to play it on Doomsday engine, but I'm having a problem. I made a .bat file with a command like this: doomsday -file SCYTHE.wad D4V.wad FSCYTHE.wad -nodeh -deh D4V.deh. I installed the Doomsday engine into the PORTS folder and when I launch the .bat file, it doesen't work. It just immediately closes when I click on it. Can you help me?

there is no need to create a .bat file you can add the wads you want by doing this

1158955880_D4vdoomsday.png.4c4025d46ba30cd4461c56fa95d8df35.png

Right click on your DOOM2 icon

Select mods

Click on Data Files

Select the folder where you have all your wads (you can select subfolders also)

Add the wads you want by clicking on the "+" icon next to each detected wad/deh 

Play

Rip and Tear

10 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

In the mean time, you can use crosshairs.

i would rather wait for an official mod , if that ever happens , not a big issue to be honest and adding a crosshair doesn't feel vanilla to me. 

Wow, i made a D4T weapon mod for Vanilla a while ago, but this is on a whole other level. I'm speechless, this is just incredible! The amount of enemies you got in is really awesome, and the faithfulness to Doom 2016 is very impressive for a .deh mod. I like the sounds and the look of the enemies too.

Great work, keep it up! Hope to see some other Vanilla mods from you.

By the way, is it fine if i make a DECORATE version of this mod? I know it goes against the spirit of the mod, but i really want to make my bots work with this!

EDIT: And the brightmaps blew my mind when i saw them. I really thought you modified Chocolate Doom but seeing it works in DOS too is just far too awesome. You did a great job of getting the most out of Vanilla Doom's states, but maybe this would have been even better with DEH9000?

Edited by -TDRR-

The weapon sprites are already forcibly aligned when firing (I think?) so it might be nice to add a white dot at the crosshair point when you are in the process of firing.

6 hours ago, Noiser said:

I recorded a video playing D4V on DOSBox (no mouse, arrow keys only)
@Khorus

Hey @Noiser did you modify the red damage filter?

Cause at 24 seconds in, I noticed that there was no red screen filter to indicate that Doomguy's health drops from 82 to 74 and then 70.

I did notice a pink color at like 20 seconds for the health drop from 100 to 82 but it seems a little too subtle in my opinion.

Besides that, great work! I've been kinda cool about gameplay mods recently but this is one that definitely deserves a download!

One thing I noticed is that it's not really compatible with the sprite fixing project. However, since pretty much all sprites have been replaced here anyway, it's best to just not load the fixes for this one.

On 9/3/2019 at 10:04 PM, Loud Silence said:

Oh really? Eternity Engine tells me you're wrong.

etrn04.png

etrn05.png

my bad, i should have been more specific. im using gzdoom 4.2.0

my process: unzip gzdoom into gzdoom folder>drag and drop d4v.wad over gzdoom.exe, i choose Ultimate Doom (because gzdoom will automatically search for my doom wads in my steam folder and give me a choice to choose which wad i want to use by default) and it will start the doom2016 screen but i get this screen when i try to start Knee Deep In The Dead...

i tried doing it the way it says in the d4v.zip file, but thats way to complicated for some1 as incompetent as me BAHA

any help here would be hot...

Screenshot (20).png

One of the first things I did was to try D4V in GZDOOM, using my own episode The Becoming; and that is an Ultimate DOOM episode.

It spat an error out at me, but I just typed in the console 'map e2m1' to get started. Had a blast.

Screenshot_Doom_20190901_215301.png.73450dc9b06fa300801e30e5c9ce97fc.pngScreenshot_Doom_20190901_220440.png.11a82e8c50c87a71595c594cf86bf035.pngScreenshot_Doom_20190901_221657.png.7e342544c63d93615e6f80a8a641fcab.pngScreenshot_Doom_20190901_222406.png.1bd6e5ba844e4c3db530d52f47c2af80.png

1 hour ago, Jayextee said:

One of the first things I did was to try D4V in GZDOOM, using my own episode The Becoming; and that is an Ultimate DOOM episode.

It spat an error out at me, but I just typed in the console 'map e2m1' to get started. Had a blast.

That's great!

Yeah, I didn't optimized D4V for Ultimate Doom. But since a lot of people want to play with it, I will try to solve some of the issues later on. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about the soft-lock on bosses. That's why I'm not too keen to work on it.

But hey, Nex Credo is part of the MS-DOS pack! With a fixed map07 and all.

Edited by Noiser

5 hours ago, chowbar said:

Hey @Noiser did you modify the red damage filter?

Cause at 24 seconds in, I noticed that there was no red screen filter to indicate that Doomguy's health drops from 82 to 74 and then 70.

I did notice a pink color at like 20 seconds for the health drop from 100 to 82 but it seems a little too subtle in my opinion.

Yep, I did that to make the Berserk tint less intrusive. The same for the Radiation Suit.
It didn't affect ZDoom ports though

12 hours ago, Tango said:

is that all within the scope of stuff you consider being ok to modify and bundle?

Yes it is! 

@Linguica the weapon mod is very cool. I would like to include something like that but I'm unsure if your deh is vanilla or boom. You made that changing the offsets? Also, do you think it's possible to make it work with up animations?

10 hours ago, Linguica said:

The weapon sprites are already forcibly aligned when firing (I think?) so it might be nice to add a white dot at the crosshair point when you are in the process of firing.

Yes, I was thinking about that as an add-on. I'm not sure yet.

Edited by Noiser

Does anyone else have spatial perception issues with the sounds in this mod? With my headphones it seems as if noises (especially, but not only from monsters) are coming from completely different directions than what's actually the origin. This interferes with my gameplay experience quite a bit, I gotta say. If a monster scream seems to be in front of you while the thing is actually behind your back is a huge handicap for the player.

2 minutes ago, NightFright said:

Does anyone else have spatial perception issues with the sounds in this mod? With my headphones it seems as if noises (especially, but not only from monsters) are coming from completely different directions than what's actually the origin. This interferes with my gameplay experience quite a bit, I gotta say. If a monster scream seems to be in front of you while the thing is actually behind your back is a huge handicap for the player.

Maybe it's something with port you use, headphones or audio settings? Also new Pain Elementals can't move now, sometimes i hear something from behind a wall and later i found it's they are making that sound.