Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Noiser

DOOM 4 VANILLA v3.2

On 10/12/2019 at 11:47 PM, Noiser said:

For the Eternity Engine
On Eternity you will have to remove the DEHACKED lump on D4V.WAD using a program like Slade. 
Unfortunately the Vortex Rifle will not work here.

Please report issues like this in the EE subforum or Github. If this works in Choco and the like but not Eternity then something is wrong on our end. Do you have any idea what the issue is, or if newer versions fix it?

On 10/20/2019 at 8:26 AM, lowenz said:

Some "Doom 2016" themed maps to play with this beauty? A list ?

Unfortunately there are no maps focused on the Doom 2016 theme yet.

For a list of recommended wads, you can try these made specifically for this mod (Chrono-Displacement Labs and Drought)

In addition, these are some of my personal favorites with D4V:

VANILLA:

- Scythe
- Khorus Speedy Shit
- Interception

- Doom Core

- Doom 2 The Way id Did*

- Reverie

- Nex Credo

- 3 Heures d'agonie 3

- Eternally Yours

- Hell Revelead

- Zone 300

- TNT Revilution*

LIMIT-REMOVING:

- Vile Flesh

- Baculus

- No Rest for the Living

- Unholy Realms

BOOM:

- Moonblood*

- Whispers of Satan

- Speed of Doom

Back to Saturn X works from start to end but it's not 100% compatible yet (which means some textures will look a bit weird)

* Needs the -nodeh parameter to work, or you can remove the dehacked inside the wad file (don't need to worry about that on Chocolate\DOS).

Edited by Noiser

On 10/19/2019 at 1:34 PM, Noiser said:

Thanks for letting me know! I reuploaded the 2.2 file with that fixed.

Yes, I was thinking about that for a long time. Idk know how or when that will happen though

Again:

Kill a cyber mancubus (spawned by summoning a cyber demon) to complete map e2m8.

Kill a cyber demon (spawned by summoning a spider mastermind) to complete map e3m8.

I think the maps are coded to only let you complete when you kill the map's boss, since the bosses are tecnically replaced, you can't complete them.

Is it possible to change this on those maps?

Using the Gauss Cannon in Chocolate Doom crashes with "R_ProjectSprite: invalid sprite frame".

Edit: Actually, the Grenade Launcher and the Lightning Gun are the only extra weapons that run properly in Chocolate Doom (although the Grenade Launcher sprite does flicker when firing). The others are very buggy (the Hellstaff crashes the game too).

Edited by maxmanium

1 hour ago, maxmanium said:

Using the Gauss Cannon in Chocolate Doom crashes with "R_ProjectSprite: invalid sprite frame".

Edit: Actually, the Grenade Launcher and the Lightning Gun are the only extra weapons that run properly in Chocolate Doom (although the Grenade Launcher sprite does flicker when firing). The others are very buggy (the Reaper crashes the game too).

It works perfectly fine here... o_o
How do you loaded the files?

Anyone else is having this problem?

Edited by Noiser

11 minutes ago, Noiser said:

It works perfectly fine here... o_o
Can you be a bit more specific?

Anyone else is having this problem?

Yes, sorry.

1_vortex.deh: Computer Area Map appears in top left corner after firing. No way to switch weapons.

2_markv.deh: Weapon plays firing animation very fast but does not actually do anything.

3_hellst.deh: Fires once with a red star appearing in top left corner. Immediately crashes afterwards with no error message.

3_reaper.deh: After pressing fire once, weapon continues firing rapidly, rendering player unable to change weapons. Continues firing even once ammo has gone into the negative.

4_har.deh: Similar to above. Sprite flickers, but weapon is switched once ammo is depleted.

5_grnade.deh: Seems to work properly aside from sprite flickering at the end of firing sequence.

6_light.deh: No apparent issues.

7_gauss.deh: Aforementioned.

Okay, I just typed all that out, but I found the problem. It works fine if I load the DEHACKED patch separately rather than using -dehlump or loaded from the wad in Crispy Doom. Perhaps the internal DEHACKED lump needs updated?

Maybe you should rename TITLEPIC in the Dehacked file and then make a TITLEPIC lump that warns people that they have not loaded the DEH correctly.

I'm confused. You're using Chocolate or Crispy?

On Crispy Doom you need to use the -nodeh parameter after D4V.wad to work

for example: crispy-doom -file D4V.WAD -nodeh -deh D4V.deh 2_MARKV.deh 3_REAPER.deh 7_GAUSS.deh  (...)

18 minutes ago, Noiser said:

I'm confused. You're using Chocolate or Crispy?

On Crispy Doom you need to use the -nodeh parameter after D4V.wad to work

I was mainly talking about Chocolate Doom, but the same issues happen on Crispy Doom as well. I'm not using any DEHACKED patches aside from those that come with D4V -- I tested these on Entryway. I'm saying that the extra weapons do not work if loaded with the internal DEHACKED lump; only if D4V.deh is loaded separately. This leads me to believe that the former is perhaps not up to date.

EDIT: Okay, I exported the internal DEHACKED lump and loaded it separately, and it works fine. I first encountered the buggy behavior when using the -dehlump parameter in Chocolate Doom. I have no idea why it makes any sort of difference, but I suppose if that's how it needs to work, disregard my previous posts. Apologies.

Edited by maxmanium

Oh, I got it. I didn't even know you could load internal dehacked lumps on choco. But yeah, this is something that ports do. The lump and the
outside deh file are the same. Don't need to apologize btw, any attempt of bug reporting means a lot!

8 minutes ago, Noiser said:

Oh, I get it. I don't even knew you could load internal dehacked lumps on choco. But yeah, this is something that ports do. The lump and the
outside deh file are the same. Don't need to apologize btw, any attempt of bug reporting means a lot!

I'm curious what the issue is, though...

Also, in regards to the projectile clipping issue for 6_LIGHT.deh noted by @Linguica: resetting the radius of the plasma projectile (id 35 in WhackEd4) to 13 seems to fix the issue for the most part. Some projectiles seem to still occasionally escape into the void when fired to the west, and I don't know why, but I didn't notice anything particularly gamebreaking as a result.

I am following this amazing mod and I would like to know if someone play it on doomretro , does it work? or it better to look for a different  engine like gzdoom or zandronum?

8 hours ago, Noiser said:

Back to Saturn X works from start to end but it's not 100% compatible yet (which means some textures will look a bit weird)

Also, "Alien Vendetta" would be nice. They added waterfall for water liquid and it doesn't look good with "blood water". However, this brought some variety into "Killing Colours." I could have gone crazy from just one colour.

11 hours ago, elden4 said:
3 minutes ago, elden4 said:

I am following this amazing mod and I would like to know if someone play it on doomretro , does it work? or it better to look for a different  engine like gzdoom or zandronum?

Yes, I am playing D4V with Doom Retro. So far, no issues with the mod itself (I am at map 31 of "Alien Vendetta" so I would assume to hit some problems by now).

Edited by Krazov

11 hours ago, Noiser said:

LIMIT-REMOVING:

- Vile Flesh

Just a heads-up, Vile Flesh actually requires a Boom-compatible source-port.

8 hours ago, Andromeda said:

Vile Flesh actually requires a Boom-compatible source-port.

IIRC the maps were made in vanilla format, so I don't think it's only for Boom-compatible ports.

My bet is there was hard to find any port specifically made for limit-removing in 2004, so the author just said it was for Boom.

19 hours ago, Mistah Jorge said:

Is it possible to change this on the maps?

Nope, this is hardcoded.

What I can do is put a "bypasser" like the one for Map07.

Edited by Noiser

@Noiser Is the issue with Eternity still present in the latest builds of D4V? If so could you give a brief description of what's wrong? I don't mean to be a bother but I'd really appreciate knowing where to start to look. Was it just that the vortex rifle wouldn't work if the DEHACKED lump present in the WAD was loaded?

1 hour ago, Altazimuth said:

@Noiser Is the issue with Eternity still present in the latest builds of D4V? If so could you give a brief description of what's wrong? I don't mean to be a bother but I'd really appreciate knowing where to start to look. Was it just that the vortex rifle wouldn't work if the DEHACKED lump present in the WAD was loaded?

Thank you @Altazimuth. Actually I'm very happy that you want to help with these issues. 
The reason why I not replied you before is because my english is not that good so I was slowly trying to elaborate an answer lol

Spoiler

I think the first issue could be easily avoided if you implement the "nodeh" paramater that other ports seems to have (chocolate, crispy and prBoom).

What happens is that Eternity will load the dehacked lump on top of any other no matters what. The weapon files needs to be on top of the main dehacked to work as intended (they replace the regular ones).

Spoiler

Also, forgive my ingenuity as a non-programmer, but I think dehacked lumps from WADs shouldn't have an enforced priority. This is an issue that happens on other ports as well, but I think the player should be able to choose what would be on top (the weapons, in this case).

For example: crispy-doom -file D4V.WAD -deh D4V.deh 2_MARKV.deh 3_REAPER.deh 7_GAUSS.deh 

I'm loading the weapons on top of D4V.wad... but the engine will always give priority to the wad lump. I don't get it. Maybe it's some oddity inherited from Boom?

Another issue is that sound effects are not being cut as intended. The new weapons will play weird since I use sound codepointers to block the hardcoded ones, like the shotgun.

See the Reaper for an example: That weapon uses three shotgun codepointers but I block their sounds with "OpenShotgun2". Eternity is the only port that ignores that so far. Another example is the HAR, the bullet sound should be interrupted by "CloseShotgun2" when you stop firing.

The Vortex Rifle is a bit more complicated, I will need more time to elaborate on it. Probably will send you a PM. 
Again, thank you very much for listen!

Edited by Noiser

11 hours ago, DarkShotX45 said:

I have a question

Is it possible to have quick melee similar to when you switch away from the Vortex Rifle?

If you mean a generalized melee key / attack in classic Doom, no. It might be fun to edit it to make all weapons do a quick melee attack on up/down and then go around switching weapons to punch things.

i wish if there was a way to like use all of the weapons without being forced to only use 1 of them like that just makes me sad seeing that u are forced to use only 1 of the weapons and not all of them i wish if u could make it so u can use all of the weapons

On 10/22/2019 at 11:05 PM, Linguica said:

If you mean a generalized melee key / attack in classic Doom, no. It might be fun to edit it to make all weapons do a quick melee attack on up/down and then go around switching weapons to punch things.

Nah, ik a melee key ain't possible, I was talking about a quick melee when switching away like the Vortex Rifle

I ran into crash with using Doom 4 Vanilla on Doom II (not Doom I) with Classic RBDoom3BFG when attempting to pick what I'm guessing is supposed to be TNT which is somehow labeled "Inferno" despite being Doom II on that source port, but what happened was the game crashes when selecting that episode, and when attempting to play what was supposed to be Plutonia it just kicks back to the game select screen for Classic RBDoom3BFG instead. I loaded the WAD and DEH file with its launcher and replaced the BFG versions of Doom I and I with the original ones I got from my GOG copy of Doom I and II if that might also shed some light on the crash I just had.

49 minutes ago, AmethystViper said:

Doom 4 Vanilla on Doom II (not Doom I) with Classic RBDoom3BFG

I'm not sure that would have robust enough DEH support to work properly.

27 minutes ago, DderNabroc said:

I think i just made Brutal D4V 

O, realy? You just added the some Epic Shit Stuff and Bolognese Gore Mod to the archive. How is that can be Brutal D4V? )