Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Noiser

DOOM 4 VANILLA v3.2

On 1/14/2020 at 12:44 PM, roboticmehdi2 said:

I know. What I ask is, what difference is between regular and dos versions of d4v.wad (this exact file)? They are not the same files. (I checked 2.5.7, still not same).

Most of the map wads have dehs of their own, what happened to them? why not included?

There is no difference , it's the same file .... randomly select any file from regular a dos version and they are the same

12 hours ago, roboticmehdi2 said:

Inconsistent files, too many versions, too many files, the need for fix files, etc... It could have been as simple and as clean as: "d4v.wad, d4v.deh, d4v.txt" (3 files, plus maybe a dehacked executable for those who are not familiar with deh). But no, it is complex and messy. I will not have it, for now. Sorry, everyone has an opinion, this is mine, it can be ignored or taken as a feedback, like any other opinion.

Inconsistent ? 

Too many versions = Only one , the latest one always , other versions are previous ones , you don't need them , there are "too many versions" because each one has fixes 

"Too many files" d4v.wad , and .deh files for the extra weapons... 

The fix files are there because of 666 and 667 sectors for some pwads on map 07 . YOU NEED THOSE files if you don't want to get softlocked..... if you play Doom 64 for Doom2 without using the "fixed wad" you will get stuck on map07 , if you idclev to map 30 you will get softlocked after beating the final boss , other fxxxx.wad are map07 fixes aswell. About a question you made about particular PWAD dehack files , those are overwritten by D4V dehacked file (that you don't need to manually load if you are using MBF on dosbox or any windows sourceport) 

Why do you need a .txt file ? It's actually super easy, there is a .txt file explaining you how to use the mod .... there is a modded doom2.exe provided so you don't have to apply the dehacked patched manually....all you need to do is open the batch file you want (depending on the sourceport you want to use) or simply create your own batch file using your favorite source port , in my case dosbox , but i also have a chocolate doom , crispy doom , gzdoom and prboom+ menus .... all using the same files 

11 hours ago, roboticmehdi2 said:

I was excited to see an excellent looking mod for vanilla. Not much of these is done these days, most go directly for gzdoom. But my excitement was gone for reasons mentioned.

wich source port are you using ? and how many pwads do you want to run using this mod ? I can create a menu for you using any sourceport , so you only will have to press a button (and enter if using a windows sourceport) 

--------------------------------
VERSION 2.5.8 RELEASED
--------------------------------
DOWNLOAD - 2.5.8 REGULAR
DOWNLOAD - 2.5.8 MS-DOS

Probably the release I'm most satisfied so far, including some fixes on gzdoom and also new additions to the MS-DOS batch.
I will try to post the lite version later on!

Full changelog:

Spoiler

v2.5.5

• - Major overhaul on sprites (mancubus, revenant, lost soul, hell razer and cacodemon)
  • - Slighly gameplay tweaks to improve the action and make some specific combat scenarios more enjoyable
  • - Shotgun is slightly faster (the way it was on the first release)
  • - Added multi-directional firing sprites to the Cacodemon (how I not saw this before?)
  • - Fixed the offsets on the Mancubi flamethrower
  • - Slighly updated E3M8 with some fixes
  • - Fixed some brightmaps (hardware mode)
  • - Added the revenant trail to the IOS projectile (don't affect gameplay)
  • - Fixed a few minor bugs

v2.5.6

• - Fixed a very nasty bug on GZDoom where a Lost Soul corpse could block the player shots (a HUGE thanks to @silentzorah for letting me know via PM)
  • - Better texture compatibility for Doom Core and Alien Vendetta
  • - Fixed rendering issues with some map07fix files
  • - Improved some old textures
  • - Smaller fixes and other minor tweaks

v2.5.7

• - Fixed the shotgun bug on GZDoom
  • - Fixed some blood flats not getting animated on GZDoom 
  • - Improved some weapon brightmaps (software and hardware)
  • - Improved the flying blood sprite\animation
  • - The Pinky sprite is a bit larger
  • - Reduced the Gauss Cannon cooldown
  • - Improved the imp XDeath sprites
  • - Slighly decreased the bullet ammo count
  • - Improved some other animations (overall)
  • - Corrected one last Plutonia texture issue

v2.5.8 Changelog:

• - Fixed the plasma rifle animation on GZDoom
  • - Fixed some Pinky sprites (corrected the open mouth)
  • - Fixed some behavior issues with the Cyberdemon
  • - Improved lighting and brightmaps for the Cyberdemon
  • - Finally added back some rocket trail to Zdoom
  • - Added map07 fixes for Doom Core and Reverie
  • - Added these maps to the MS-DOS edition
  • - Lavafall textures are brighter on hardware mode
  • - Fixed some minor balancing issues
  • - Restored the Sargeant shot lighting (gzdoom)
Edited by Noiser

Oh and BTW,

Vortex Rifle on Doom Retro turns into a chainsawgun which shoots all of your bullets like a chaingun when switching away, and you can't unswitch, and when running out of bullets, it turns into a chainsaw attack, but still unable to switch.

20 hours ago, DarkShotX45 said:

Oh and BTW,

Vortex Rifle on Doom Retro turns into a chainsawgun which shoots all of your bullets like a chaingun when switching away, and you can't unswitch, and when running out of bullets, it turns into a chainsaw attack, but still unable to switch.

I'll look into this.

I found another bug in Doom Retro, but I think this is related to the mod this time since it doesn't happen in vanilla.

Possessed sinks but the Soldier doesn't.

Screenshot_2020-01-30-18-42-33-86.png

On 1/28/2020 at 6:31 PM, bihoqo said:

Is it possible to use this mod's weapons, but not monsters?

Imho the weapon changes are pretty minor, so there's almost no need to seperate them into a standalone weapon set.

So I tested out all of the alternate weapons in Doom Retro. Its really kind of buggy.

-Mark V Pistol does nothing.

-Hellshot is... Interesting...

Shooting it makes it disappear, and when you get harmed, the monster that hurt you transforms into a Pinky or a Revenant(From what I've seen) and it attacks other demons...

-Reaper turns into an auto shotgun and you can't switch away or stop firing.

-H.A.R. turns into a slow-firing weapon and you also can't switch away or stop firing.

-Grenade Launcher has extremely low range and fires slower.

-Lightning Gun has a bit of a slower sound.

-Gauss Cannon does nothing and switching away from it is much slower.

Edited by DarkShotX45

On 1/29/2020 at 7:00 AM, DarkShotX45 said:

Oh and BTW,

Are you using the Doom Retro version? (VORTEX_DoomRetro.deh)

On 1/31/2020 at 5:55 PM, DoctorBleed said:

Is there any chance to get a version that doesn't replace textures and monsters? Like if I just want the weapons and skin?

The way it is, no. That would require some work.

A quick skim through the thread and I found no mention of it, but the Imp's walk animation uses a wrong graphic in it I think? This is something I've always noticed since the very beginning but also always assumed i was a compromise, as if one of it's walk frames was allocated to something else(like how you did with the hellrazer, giving it a walk animation with only 2 frames).

But looking under the hood today out of curiosity I've found that not only does the imp has all of it's walking sprites in the Pwad, but it's walking frames in the dehacked patch are untouched! So what I assumed was a walk animation with only 3 frames is actually the normal 4 frame one, but with the idle sprite(TROOA) also added in by mistake.

So basically, looking at how the sprites are named in the pwad the walking should go TROOB > TROOC > TROOD > TROOE, while TROOA is the idle sprite.

But right now it starts at TROOA and ends in TROOD like in vanilla, giving it the wonky look.

During the heat of the action, and given the Imp's speed it was hard to pinpoint exactly what was wrong, but poking my nose into the patch I saw the problem, and even edited it to see if it would still work and not break something else just in case. It seems to work fine. Tested it on Choco, PrBoom and Gzdoom.

D4V_Imp_walk_fix.zip

Edit: On second thought, was the idle frame in the walk animation supposed be a wind-down for after the imp shoots his fireball? For me personally I think keeping the walk animation fluid seems more important than that. Maybe I'm just over-analyzing though.

Edited by HorrorMovieGuy

I have a question

You know how Eviternity and D4V's pistol has 100% accuracy compared to Doom II's pistol? Maybe you could look into the code and look for something to implement to the H.A.R.

I'm not entirely sure what is going on, but the Chocolate Doom and Crispy Doom sourceports included in the .zip are hitching *far more* then when I just create my own installation and move the .wad and .deh files over.

Might be worth reworking the zip with the stable releases of either and keeping those .exes in seperate folders, so they keep the .dll files intended for their versions.

I've uploaded the file/folder config I used which seems to net much better performance on my system.
I have *no idea* why there is such a difference, but here we are.

D4V_Unhitched.7z

I have been playing DOOM 4 lately. Can confirm that this feels exactly like that game. Nice job! I was thinking of making a demake of the first section of DOOM 4.

I was playing stage 2 of D64D2 and the thing that acts as a Pain Elemental Also shows up as a Cacodaemon and can't seem to be destroyed.

Also I am running the latest GzDOOM.

Edited by Breeder

Running into a bit of a bizarre issue.

Created my own installation with the proper file paths on the latest versions of both Chocolate and Crispy Doom, and both seem to have an issue where enemies freeze before the final frame of their death animations play.

image.png.dc75d1a3c39cddf495e68650b09eb997.png

3 hours ago, The Civ said:

Created my own installation with the proper file paths on the latest versions of both Chocolate and Crispy Doom, and both seem to have an issue where enemies freeze before the final frame of their death animations play.

image.png.dc75d1a3c39cddf495e68650b09eb997.png

what do you mean by "proper file paths" there's no need to install anything , and the mod is fully working on both chocolate and crispy doom . The only port that has issues (a port related issue) is GZDoom . On any vanilla / limit removing port it works great 

Just now, Pablo_Doom_Guy said:

what do you mean by "proper file paths" there's no need to install anything , and the mod is fully working on both chocolate and crispy doom . The only port that has issues (a port related issue) is GZDoom . On any vanilla / limit removing port it works great 

By installation, I just meant setting it up with my personal copies of choco and crispy, and setting up the .bats to run with those file paths.

I assumed that maybe it was an issue with that, but I plugged my .exes of crispy and choco into the files that come with D4V, and it still was broken.

So I'm assuming it's a problem with the most recent snapshots of both, since I'm using those rather than the public releases.

3 minutes ago, The Civ said:

By installation, I just meant setting it up with my personal copies of choco and crispy, and setting up the .bats to run with those file paths.

I assumed that maybe it was an issue with that, but I plugged my .exes of crispy and choco into the files that come with D4V, and it still was broken.

So I'm assuming it's a problem with the most recent snapshots of both, since I'm using those rather than the public releases.

ahhh ok , sorry i misunderstood =( . Have you modified the d4v.wad ?? Because bug only hapens when the dehacked file is missing from the .wad file . if not then there must be an issue with the version you are using , but you can still try to manually add the dehacked file if you haven't tried that already

I am also noticing other problems right off the bat in Crispy DOOM this time, but with the Pinky Demon in level one of D64D2. It keeps turning into the Green Mancubus

On 1/19/2020 at 9:05 PM, AmethystViper said:

I am still getting 10 shells per shotgun zombies on GZDoom (v4.3.2) instead of 5 unfortunately... :(

this cannot be fixed due to the way current DECORATE is written. `D4V_Shotgun` (normal shotgun replacement actor) is not a Weapon, it is a temporary actor that spawns `DH_Shotgun` directly into player's inventory. and of course, that new shotgun is spawned with full ammo instead of halved (because the engine halves the ammo only on a weapon dropped from a dead body).

the only way to retain different shotgun types with current DECORATE is to replace shotgun guy actor with a new one that drops a special "half-ammo shotgun spawner".

p.s.: possible hackfix is to remove `D4V_Shotgun` actor completely, make `D4V_Hellshot` spawn `DH_Shotgun` in "Death" state (instead of `D4V_Shotgun`), add "replaces Shotgun" to `DH_Shotgun`, and replace it's "2_Spawn" state with:

HELS A 0 A_SpawnItem("D4V_Hellshot")
stop

Hellshot drop will still be spawned with the full ammo, but at least this will fix normal shotgun drops.

Edited by ketmar

On 2/9/2020 at 1:29 AM, DarkShotX45 said:

I have a question

You know how Eviternity and D4V's pistol has 100% accuracy compared to Doom II's pistol? Maybe you could look into the code and look for something to implement to the H.A.R.

Yes, technically it's pretty easy to make it. The problem is a specific codepointer on the HAR responsible to control some sound effects. For some reason, this action is not allowing the weapon to refire with accuracy. I agree it would be pretty cool to make that happen and maybe I can find a way to solve it in the future. I have good news thought: I was able to make the weapon a bit more stronger. It will be updated on the next release.

Also thanks a lot @HorrorMovieGuy and @Grizzly, I will check your files pretty soon and give you an answer!

16 hours ago, The Civ said:

This is very weird... Yes, it happens when the deh was not loaded or when it's conflicting with other dehacked files.
@The Civ, can you show me the lines you're using on your bat file?

10 hours ago, Breeder said:

I am also noticing other problems right off the bat in Crispy DOOM this time, but with the Pinky Demon in level one of D64D2. It keeps turning into the Green Mancubus

Hi, did you tried to use the -nodeh parameter? D64D2 have his own dehacked file that will cause some conflicts with mine. This mapset in specific also uses some dehacked tricks on their levels, so I recommend to load the map07fix with it.

Edited by Noiser

1 hour ago, Noiser said:

This is very weird... Yes, it happens when the deh was not loaded or when it's conflicting with other dehacked files.
@The Civ, can you show me the lines you're using on your bat file?

image.png.a16ce6bafbe2b25da3484b92af49bbff.png

Just using this, keeping it simple here and loading it with just Doom 2 for example.

I have all the files in a "WADS" subfolder under my crispy installation, and then the individual D4V_v2.5.8 folder which has all the appropriate files.

Checked, and the D4V.deh file is in the same directory as the D4V.WAD file that I'm pointing it to.

Do I have to re-clarify the file path when loading the .deh file too, like I did for the WAD?

2 hours ago, The Civ said:

Do I have to re-clarify the file path when loading the .deh file too, like I did for the WAD?

Oh yea, I think that's it. If the deh file is inside another folder, you should put the path as you did with the wad