Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Noiser

DOOM 4 VANILLA v3.2

24 minutes ago, Spectre01 said:

Pinkies can still infight. I assume their charge attack works similar to the Lost Soul's, which causes them to infight.

Would make sense because I believe I also saw a baron and knight infight and those both charge too.

Playing this on a Wii with Retroarch is really, really cool! Mod runs very nicely and difficulty is fine in HMP (originally HNTR) with a Wiimote without any attachments. Screen may look a bit dark but that's only because of the dying CRT.

997882011_2019-11-3000_08_472.jpg.19fa357e54f9cb3008fdc4212e77586f.jpg

7 hours ago, BoJustBo said:

Would make sense because I believe I also saw a baron and knight infight and those both charge too.

...and please, don't ask this to be fixed! it has much more fun this way! ;-)

^Don't know why you asked these questions in a similar way or something, even after somebody has told you already that Plutonia needs a bypasser.

If you don't want the bypasser, probably you can just remove that map in the WAD file yourself.

On 12/2/2019 at 2:36 PM, AlxWolfenstein97 said:

So if TNT & Plutonia don't need bypassers, wouldn't it be easier to just use the lite version?

To be honest I don't remember if these maps have 666\667 sectors. If not, you can play with the lite version (also recommended for No Rest for the Living). Unfortunately I can't make individual fixes for the Final Doom maps because they are commercial titles.

1 hour ago, Noiser said:

To be honest I don't remember if these maps have 666\667 sectors.

On 12/3/2019 at 12:36 AM, AlxWolfenstein97 said:

So if TNT & Plutonia don't need bypassers, wouldn't it be easier to just use the lite version?

FYI, TNT no (not a Dead Simple clone at all), Plutonia however does need bypassers.

So using Lite version is indeed easier, but some elements of the mod (e.g the splash screen, music) will get removed.

--------------------------------
VERSION 2.5.6 RELEASED
--------------------------------

DOWNLOAD 2.5.6 REGULAR
DOWNLOAD 2.5.6 MS-DOS

v2.5.5 Changelog:

Spoiler
  • - Major overhaul on sprites (mancubus, revenant, lost soul, hell razer and cacodemon)
  • - Slighly gameplay tweaks to improve the action and make some specific combat scenarios more enjoyable
  • - Shotgun is slightly faster (the way it was on the first release)
  • - Added multi-directional firing sprites to the Cacodemon (how I not saw this before?)
  • - Fixed the offsets on the Mancubi flamethrower
  • - Slighly updated E3M8 with some fixes
  • - Fixed some brightmaps (hardware mode)
  • - Added the revenant trail to the IOS projectile (don't affect gameplay)
  • - Fixed a few minor bugs

image.png.95353688f36a2ac46f13095236d3df48.png

v2.5.6 Changelog:

• - Fixed a very nasty bug on GZDoom where a Lost Soul corpse could block the player shots (a HUGE thanks to @silentzorah for letting me know via PM)
  • - Better texture compatibility for Doom Core and Alien Vendetta
  • - Fixed rendering issues with some map07fix files
  • - Improved some old textures
  • - Smaller fixes and other minor tweaks

2.5.6 D4V-LITE
(D4V-LITE is an specific version that removes some features from the mod, intended first and foremost for level-designers. Keep in mind this version doesn't have map bypassers that are necessary to avoid soft-locking)

Edited by Noiser

On 12/2/2019 at 2:36 PM, AlxWolfenstein97 said:

best option is to manually delete map 7 files from the D4V.wad using SLADE , and creating a new wad file for iwads / pwads that doesn't require a bypasser

Or even better: Release the mod and the modified map07 as separate files, but in the same zipfile. This way it's a lot easier to skip the map if needed.

10 hours ago, Noiser said:

Unfortunately I can't make individual fixes for the Final Doom maps because they are commercial titles.

Is it against the rules to make minor changes to the IWAD maps for your gameplay mod? I'm curious because I just played some of Memorial.wad by Eternal, and Dead Simple has a bypass switch added to it so that it works in the map01 slot along with everything else. Or is this only the case when uploading to the /idgames archive? I don't think most gameplay mods end up going there.

1 hour ago, Spectre01 said:

Is it against the rules to make minor changes to the IWAD maps for your gameplay mod? I'm curious because I just played some of Memorial.wad by Eternal, and Dead Simple has a bypass switch added to it so that it works in the map01 slot along with everything else. Or is this only the case when uploading to the /idgames archive? I don't think most gameplay mods end up going there.

As far as I know, as long as you don't distribute the edited files online, then you should be fine

I might be wrong, but IIRC id said that there isn't anything wrong with putting edited maps in a WAD that requires the same game that the map came from in the first place, it's only conversions from one game to another that were considered legally dicey.  I believe the idgames rule is more about the same reasons as "no SLIGE/OBLIGE maps", hacks of the IWAD maps were generally considered too low-effort to be worth clogging the archives with.

OMG, The DOOM community is inmortal! Years ago we used to play a 1993 game on a 1984 OS, now we just play DOOM4, DOOM2 and DOOM on any OS.

Edited by Freddy_Zart : Bad grammar

2 hours ago, Freddy_Zart said:

OMG, The DOOM community is inmortal!

Hell is eternal, and so our battle too.

On 12/5/2019 at 1:32 PM, ETTiNGRiNDER said:

I might be wrong, but IIRC id said that there isn't anything wrong with putting edited maps in a WAD that requires the same game that the map came from in the first place

Is this a recent statement? Keep in mind Zenimax is in charge now, so I'm not sure about it

Edited by Noiser

1 hour ago, Noiser said:

Is this a recent statement? Keep in mind Zenimax is in charge now, so I'm not sure about it

I'm not entirely sure, but it was probably regarding Knee Deep in ZDoom, in which case no.

For a recent example, Brutal Doom v21 has that mapping enhancement system which makes cosmetic changes to the IWAD maps. Doesn't look like Zenimax has any beef with that.

Just as a fun experiment, I added bypassers and restored the 5 modified maps in D4V (map07, e2m8, e3m8, e4m6, e4m8) to their vanilla IWAD versions. Now Doom 1 and 2 should be playable in their entirety.

List of changes on how to exit:

• map07: Added a switch behind 4 bars. Lowering the Mancubus platforms also lowers each of the bars. Flipping the switch lowers 666 tagged walls, unleashing the Arachnotron (or in this case CyberManc) wave. An alternative exit is already included in the original Dead Simple, so the player can use that one to exit. There was a BFG and cells in there which I flagged MP only.
  • e2m8: Added a switch behind 3 bars in the north marbface pillar. Flip 3 switches in front of the equivalent pillars around the map. Press the north switch to lower a spooky exit portal.
  • e3m8: Added exit room and 3 switches around the arena. Flip those to leave the map.
  • e4m6: Added switch in Cyberdemon room. Flip to open bars normally triggered by killing the Cyber.
  • e4m8: Added 2 switches in those upper rooms with Lost Souls behind the Mastermind. Flip them to lower the wooden pillar.

DL: Here

Use, modify, or delete as you please.

7 hours ago, Spectre01 said:

Why this extra manipulations? For example: on map 07 you could make raised steps and place the activator of the outer walls inside the secret area.

In addition, you make universal maps. But it is better just to adapt them to specific D4V monsters, without additional changes.

21 minutes ago, Doomenator said:

Why this extra manipulations? For example: on map 07 you could make raised steps and place the activator of the outer walls inside the secret area.

Sure, there are plenty of different ways to make the bypass work. I just cooked up some quick examples as an alternative to completely replacing the vanilla maps.

On 12/6/2019 at 5:42 PM, Spectre01 said:

For a recent example, Brutal Doom v21 has that mapping enhancement system which makes cosmetic changes to the IWAD maps. Doesn't look like Zenimax has any beef with that.

Except it doesn't modify the maps themselves at all. It just detects the map you are playing (By checking the location of a few actors in the map) and spawns some decorations and replaces some textures if it's a supported map.

If D4V were to include the IWAD map modifications in question, it would 100% require taking the map files themselves and modifying them, then including them in the .wad (or separate .wads) so it would be more legally dubious.

Hi guys,

I'm playing Brutal Doom using GZDoom and saw this mod. I tried to run D4V together with Brutel Doom but there was an error message.

Is it not compatible or did I something wrong?

1 hour ago, Deⓧiaz said:

Is there a way to press the DISLIKE button? I need this, right now.

I have no idea what I've done wrong here... I just asked for help.
If you have something against my personal taste of using Brutal Doom then please keep your oppinion if you don't want to help.

8 minutes ago, Spectre01 said:

@Dragon2781 Different gameplay mods are usually incompatible, especially Brutal Doom and D4V which modify both weapons and monsters. You can use a blood mod if you want to make D4V more brutal: Something like Bolognese or Nash Gore.

Thank you very much :)

The Shotguns dropped by Sergeants seem to be giving 10 ammo in GZDoom compared to the (I assume intended) 5 in PRBoom+. GZDoomers are currently drowning in shells!

On 12/14/2019 at 7:15 PM, Spectre01 said:

The Shotguns dropped by Sergeants seem to be giving 10 ammo in GZDoom compared to the (I assume intended) 5 in PRBoom+. GZDoomers are currently drowning in shells!

That was something I was meaning to report as well, and I think the shotguns dropped by Sergeants were supposed to give 4 I think in vanilla Doom.