Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Noiser

DOOM 4 VANILLA v3.2

One question, I want to know if everyone gets the brightmaps from BTSX EP 2 switches working  in hardware renderer (gzdoom). 

Because I just see brightmaps for all textures except switches. 

Tested in modern and old gzdoom. 

Just to know if its an issue on my hardware. 

It took a bit of work to edit and then backport NightFright's Widescreen HUD for Back to Saturn X Episode 1 into D4V's PWAD so they can work in tandem for the Unity port, and besides some sound overlap with the chainsaw being used when playing D4V in the Unity port, so far it has been working good.

Update: I was playing up to The Crusher level with D4V on the Unity port just now and using the titular crusher on the Spider Mastermind caused the game's frame-rate to slow down horribly as the Spider Mastermind was being crushed...

Edited by AmethystViper : Update on running D4V in the Unity port (Doom II)

On 6/26/2020 at 12:15 PM, ReaperAA said:

I feel that the biggest issue is the lack of good Doom Eternal weapon sprites. I don't think anyone has made them yet (or atleast ones that can compare with Doom 2016 sprites found in D4T and D4V).

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=67971

There are these but they're more classic oriented when I know that D4V is more in the vain of Doom 2016 in a classic setting

On 10/8/2020 at 4:49 PM, ATARIUS said:

Is there a way that all the weapons can be put together without replacing the others?

No, using DeHackEd (vanilla) you cannot add new weapons but you can replace them.

9 minutes ago, wdtfs3 said:

How do I glory kill?

Those don't exist here, since they require extra coding not feasible within vanilla Doom limitations.

I'm new to playing and modding Doom, but this was actually one of the first mods I downloaded and I gotta say, this is fucking great. The combined visual and audio design is so cool, it actually adds a bit of a horror aesthetic to some of the levels, somehow?

I love this! I didnt wanna play through Doom II again... too hard, but this is making it a very palatable experience and the game is actually much more fun than I remember.

On 12/15/2020 at 12:30 PM, Solid SOAP said:

I'm new to playing and modding Doom, but this was actually one of the first mods I downloaded and I gotta say, this is fucking great. The combined visual and audio design is so cool, it actually adds a bit of a horror aesthetic to some of the levels, somehow?

I love this! I didnt wanna play through Doom II again... too hard, but this is making it a very palatable experience and the game is actually much more fun than I remember.

Hey, thanks a lot dude, it's always nice to see people enjoying it! I put some good effort on it, so that makes me very happy

Everyone - sorry for not posting here in a while. I took a lil break from D4V so I could work on other stuff. There's still some things I want to improve though, so I will probably release a new update at some point.  

On 10/21/2020 at 7:16 AM, Marvinalexander said:

will you do/make Doom ETERNAL Vanilla?

I think it's totally possible, but it would require a lot of work and I'm not sure if want that right now. Maybe on the future, yes.

Edited by Noiser

On 9/1/2019 at 2:49 AM, TheNoob_Gamer said:

It would be nice if you made a custom wad with fully centered weapon sprites, other than that, this is impressive :D

Yea, i agree! But it would probably be a pain for Noiser to make a centered version (If Noiser does at least), Knowing DeHackEd.

7 hours ago, Codename_Delta said:

Yea, i agree! But it would probably be a pain for Noiser to make a centered version (If Noiser does at least), Knowing DeHackEd.

Indeed, my opinion has changed considerably since that comment (1 year!).

It fits Doom 2016's aesthetic where techbases have lava (or rather molten metal, cf. Foundry) while Hell has green Hellslime; while in classic Doom it's generally the other way around: nukage in techbases, lava in Hell.

You can edit that out yourself if you really want to.

16 hours ago, Delfonso said:

Ist there a way to play the original maps music instead of d4vs?

You can use SLADE and remove the midi from D4V.wad.

@Noiser that's the doom eternal bfg I see, (help i can never unsee the difference between the doom 2016 bfg and the doom eternal bfg, thanks doom wiki). Also, I for some reason decided to play slaughterfest 2012 and there was some clashing with the wads (possessed shooting instead of scratching was the only one I could notice) 

Edited by Codename_Delta : Just for My sanity

On 1/3/2021 at 3:47 PM, Codename_Delta said:

Actually, Its only a sprite swap so it shouldn't be TOO difficult

On 5/3/2020 at 2:36 PM, DinoKiller65 said:

Try using the latest GZDoom version and the Doom Mod Loader

https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-mod-loader/downloads/doom-mod-loader-v23

It works for me

By the way I have a little issue, why in the Icon of Sin boss fight it spams so many Aranea Imperatrix? It bugs me out because I tought the Arachnotron replacer was the Cyber-Mancubus, not the Spider Mastermind :((

Anyone knows if this is from the mod source code or my game is loading it wrong?

How do i get it to work? I have GZDOOM and every DOOM game until Final DOOM. I even downloaded the mod loader. Sorry for late comment, but im really confused.

On 1/18/2021 at 12:14 PM, Codename_Delta said:

Actually, Its only a sprite swap so it shouldn't be TOO difficult

Wait. so its just changed sprites? I thought it was real doom 2016 for DOOM II lmao

On 1/20/2021 at 5:49 AM, Meathook said:

Wait. so its just changed sprites? I thought it was real doom 2016 for DOOM II lmao

I was talking about the possibility for a centered version of this, this mod is a near total conversion for doom 1/2 most of the textures in the mod are unedited except for having some colours more saturated because of the pallete being more closely resembling the BTSX (more like eviternity's colour pallete, tbh) colour pallete. Sorry for kinda confusin' ya. 

Edited by Codename_Delta : Just tweakin some stuff

On 1/20/2021 at 5:48 AM, Meathook said:

How do i get it to work? I have GZDOOM and every DOOM game until Final DOOM. I even downloaded the mod loader. Sorry for late comment, but im really confused.

You load d4v.wad just like you would load any old wad. The deh files dont need to be loaded in GZDoom/ZDoom. The ones with the numbers and a weapon name are for other source ports just in case you want to use one or more of the alternate weapons. In GZDoom or ZDoom theres a menu for that in game

Edited by Codename_Delta : Making it less confusing

2 hours ago, Codename_Delta said:

I was talking about the possibility for a centered version of this, this mod is a near total conversion for doom 1/2 most of the textures in the mod are unedited except for have some colours more saturated because of the pallete being more closely resembling the BTSX colour pallete. Sorry for kinda confusin' ya. 

ah ok i understand its fine

Could someone please provide a patch that swaps Doom 4 Vanilla's lava and acid? Also water and blood.

I enjoy how it's done in this mod but it doesn't always fit. For example on maps with a lot of lava or a lot of those liquids.

I’m not at my computer, but it should be as simple as opening D4V in slade3, finding the flats in question (named Blood, Nukage, Slime and Fwater) and renaming the accordingly to match as the maps originally intended. Any trouble let me know and I can do it when I’m home.

Hey this looks great.

Anyone care to recommend me a Megawad to play this with?
I'm not too keen on slaughtermaps or huge maps. 

I remember liking Interception for instance.

1 hour ago, EvilNed said:

Hey this looks great.

Anyone care to recommend me a Megawad to play this with?
I'm not too keen on slaughtermaps or huge maps. 

I remember liking Interception for instance.

Would something like hell revealed be for you?