Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

It burns... (a Zdoom beta question)

In the Zdoom beta, Who would I go about making the plasma rifle scorch mark effect on the wall be replaced with the scorch mark left behind by the imp fire ball?

Also, is it possible to determine what monsters leave blood splats on the wall, and which ones don't?

I think the mark left behind by the plasma rifle is whatever the sprite is for the actual plasma. I tried it with the freedoom wad, and it left the little green circle things, so yeah.

mmnpsrsoskl said:

I think the mark left behind by the plasma rifle is whatever the sprite is for the actual plasma. I tried it with the freedoom wad, and it left the little green circle things, so yeah.

True, true, but the way the decals work are all defined in a text lump called DECALDEF, found in Zdoom.WAD. I found the format pretty straight forward to work out. You can simply define your own decals, allocate them to the plasma ball and then put your DECALDEF lump in your own wad. Note, you do not need to copy everything from the Zdoom.wad decaldef into your own one, just put your additional entries into a wad, and load it as you would any other wad.