Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nekostuffing

Warhammer 40k Astartes

Recommended Posts

I made this Warhammer 40k mod using Brutal Doom Lite as a Base, i Reskined and edited all of the weapons and added two new ones i also edited the code
i removed de monsters and most of the gore it is not yet complete but i would say it is aproaching the Beta state.
I will be fixing some sprites and the way they behave. For now the Astartes Shotgun (yes Astartes do use shotguns) animations are a bit choppy and dont look as good as id like them to but that will be fixed along with some problems with the stormbolter wich you can only reload manually for now.
I will also integrate the flashlight from the zombie killer but for now i recomend you load it with the mod if you will use a dark map, sorry :(

I also added a separete Monster replacement wad called chaos unleashed that you can use were the monsters resemble chaos and chaos guard soldiers, they are all from the realm 667 repository (i think). And a music replacement wad called W40k style music (i did not create any of the songs or music in the wad i simply compiled it in the wad for your enjoyment)

And the space marine mugshot wad so you can feel more like a space marine.

 

Sprites and animations to be fixed:

Chainsword

Shotgun

stormbolter

 

Sprites that will most likely be updated:

Plasmagun

Bolter

Marine player sprites

 

Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v7s3khndq5691ct/AAAXiRy0ffs7YJJajeuyWF55a?dl=0

 

Credits:BDLite by DavidN from Sgt Mark IV's Brutal Doom v20. John Romero, Rogue Entertainment, Captain Toenail, aeea7835, General tacticus, Mike12, JoeyTD, FreeDoom team, Eriance, The zombie killer, and Nash,

ALL RESKINED EDITS OF THE WEAPONS BY ME EXEPT FOR THE ROCKET LAUNCHER

IF IM MISSING SOMEONE AND YOU KNOW IT PLEASE TELL ME WHO SO I CAN CREDIT HIM/HER PROPERLY

--------

Disclaimer:Space Marine, 40K, Warhammer, Warhammer 40,000, 40,000, the ‘Aquila’ Double-headed Eagle logo, and all associated logos, illustrations, images, names, creatures, races, vehicles, locations, weapons, characters, and the distinctive likeness thereof, are either ® or TM, and/or © Games Workshop Limited, variably registered around the world.

 

Warhammer 40K Astartes Doom is a fan made Mod Based on the W40k board game. All rights reserved to their respective owners.

Here are some screen shots of the mod

 

Screenshot_Doom_20190826_040055.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190826_041819.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190826_040316.png

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/8/2019 at 6:16 PM, Doomenator said:

For the Emperor! )

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

THE EMPEROR APROVES!
And thanks for the video :D
Also i liked the health sprites you added could i use them? and how did you improve the granade explosions? i would like to improve the explotions aswell

Share this post


Link to post

UPDATE!

Ive made improvements to these weapons:
Bolter
Shotgun

Plasmagun

HeavyBolter

the Warhammer 40k.pk3 file has been updated

the shotgun and bolter sounds have been changed as well

 

here are some screenshots showing the improvements

 

 

Screenshot_Doom_20190909_213156.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190909_213208.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190909_213231.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190909_213248.png

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, nekostuffing said:

and how did you improve the granade explosions?

Strange question, because I didn't change the grenade explosions. I try not to touch the gameplay of the mods at all, no matter how good or bad it is. Only cosmetic changes and additions: sounds, sprites, decals, textures, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Doomenator said:

Strange question, because I didn't change the grenade explosions. I try not to touch the gameplay of the mods at all, no matter how good or bad it is. Only cosmetic changes and additions: sounds, sprites, decals, textures, etc.

Odd I play the modd often and the grenade explosion looks better in your video .....maybe it's just cause my computer is a pottato lol XD

Share this post


Link to post

UPDATE!

Fixes that have been made:

Lost soul and Archvile sprite errors are now fixed

A small problem with Doom kraken monster randomiser v4 and the plasma gun projectile has been fixed but you must load the monster wad first

this is only with kraken monster randomizer i dont know why this happens yet

The Storm Bolter now reloads automatically wen the ammo clip loaded reaches 0, also the projectiles now fire straight from it and the reload animations

have been slightly improved.

 

Sprite Updates:

Chainsword animations are more fluid and one of the animations has been replaced

Plasma Cannon sprites have been improved

 

Sound:

The bolter fire sound has been changed again and i wont be changing that anymore because im satisfied with how it sounds now.

 

Some screenshots:

 

 

 

 

Screenshot_Doom_20190914_212531.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190914_212554.png

Edited by nekostuffing : made a mistake

Share this post


Link to post

I think you need to pay attention to this:

Chainsword looks like baseball bat punches. Although it should be something like 

Spoiler

 

 

Camera tilts while reloading weapons look unnatural and annoying, it is desirable to remove them.

Shots in the floor and fragments make sounds of steps.

 

And I would suggest as a basis to use Brutal Doom v21 instead of BDlite v20, for many reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Doomenator said:

I think you need to pay attention to this:

Chainsword looks like baseball bat punches. Although it should be something like 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

Camera tilts while reloading weapons look unnatural and annoying, it is desirable to remove them.

Shots in the floor and fragments make sounds of steps.

 

And I would suggest as a basis to use Brutal Doom v21 instead of BDlite v20, for many reasons.

Yeah i know what you mean the chainsword felt more like a blunt force weapon and not like a cutting weapon, i just fixed that right now and updated the download, it should now feel more like a cut rather than a punch, however i will still improve it further.

I think you mean that wen you reload the hands still move, wich is most noticible wen reloading the shotgun, i am working on that still figuring it out.

The shots replace the souds of footsteps i belive thats what you mean i hadn't noticed that before thank you for telling me i will work on it :)

 

I tried using brutal doom v21 but i couldnt even figure out how to remove all of the gore and monsters properly the code is really advanced and it was suggested to me to use Bdlite v20 insted apperantly no one has been able to make a brutal doom weapons only mod due to the fact that the code is all over the place, that and the fact that this is my first time coding and modding and there is still a lot i dont know or understand about doom coding, im learning as i work with this. What i can do is continue to modify Bdlite until it looks more like Brutal doomv21.

 

I really appreciate your feed back Doomenator i havent gotten much so i dont know if something i made or changed looks good or not, so thanks a lot dude :D

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, nekostuffing said:

I think you mean that wen you reload the hands still move, wich is most noticible wen reloading the shotgun

No, I was talking about the motion of the camera when reloading the stormbolter and rocketlaucher. A lot of people think it adds realism. But in fact the opposite is true. You can shake your head but your vision are always focused on one point, it is an elementary physiology. So camera should always be static unless you move the mouse yourself. During firing similar is not critical, provided that the amplitude of motion does not exceed the value that the eyes can compensate. Such errors are very common among modmakers and you got it together with BDlite.

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, Doomenator said:

No, I was talking about the motion of the camera when reloading the stormbolter and rocketlaucher. A lot of people think it adds realism. But in fact the opposite is true. You can shake your head but your vision are always focused on one point, it is an elementary physiology. So camera should always be static unless you move the mouse yourself. During firing similar is not critical, provided that the amplitude of motion does not exceed the value that the eyes can compensate. Such errors are very common among modmakers and you got it together with BDlite.

oh ok that would actually be easyer to fix. and if you dont mind me asking, how do you fell about motion tilt? example:

 

 

i wanted to add something like this to my mod but im not sure if its a good idea

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, nekostuffing said:

i wanted to add something like this to my mod but im not sure if its a good idea

Since your mod does not work under Zandronum, а tilt++ has settings and it can be turned off, you can safely add, it will not affect anything. But I usually use all of these minimode separately.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Doomenator said:

Since your mod does not work under Zandronum, а tilt++ has settings and it can be turned off, you can safely add, it will not affect anything. But I usually use all of these minimode separately.

Alright thank you !

Share this post


Link to post

UPDATE!

 

Fixes:

Removed camera tilt during Rocket launcher reload

Removed camera tilt during Storm Bolter reload

Improved Plasma Ball explosion

 

Aditions:

Changed the player sprites

Integrated Flash light mod by "the zombie killer"

Added Tilt++ by "Nash muhandes"

I also added an Ally spawn sistem that uses the Mod "Brutal friends" by "SgtMarkIV" , so you can now call your space marine brothes to battle.

So far you can call a Heavy Bolter Marine, a Plasma gun Marine, a Bolter Marine and a Shotgun Marine, but i will add more in the future.

To teleport them into action you must find a teleporter beacon that replaces the BlurSphere (make sure you have binded keys for selecting and using inventory items on your configs), or you can summon them via console with these command lines.

 

Summon FriendMarine2 - Summons a plasmagun Marine
Summon FriendMarine3 - Summons a Bolter Marine
Summon FriendMarine4 - Summons a Shotgun Marine
Summon FriendMarine5 - Summons a Heavy Bloter marine

 

You can give them the comand to stay were they are or follow you with the "USE" button.

 

They also each have voicelines but i still have to figure out how to meke it so that they talk a bit less, they might talk too much at times

but i still hope you enjoy fighting alongside other space marines.

 

A screenshot:

 

 

 

 

 

Screenshot_Doom_20190928_074851.png

Share this post


Link to post

Fixed a little problem with the player sprites ....one of the names was causing the space marine dead sprite to replace the dead marine decoration found in some areas of certain maps and do to the scale of the sprite it did not look good so i changed the name of the sprite so it wouldt replace it.

Share this post


Link to post

Need to completely replace the original Brutal doom sounds. It gives the impression that you are playing Brutal Doom weapon patch.

Fix Commander Keen and WolfensteinSS.

Spoiler

ygxAjkf.png

Make weapon sprites for 16:9 mode.

Spoiler

jhi6eRE.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, nekostuffing said:

i still have to figure out how to meke it so that they talk a bit less, they might talk too much at times

This can be done by sndinfo, adding empty sounds.

Share this post


Link to post

Hey Doomenator! thanks for showing me this, sometimes i miss errors here and there ...i dont play the wolfenstein map very often so i didnt notice those missing sprites.

also i dont play in 16:9 mode cause it makes the game lag more in my pc, i have my settings really low.

Replacing the sounds shouldt be a problem, also im still tying to fix those other things you told me about, like the footstep sounds not working properly wen shooting at the ground but it has been quite dificult i dont yet know why it happens or how to fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, nekostuffing said:

Does it work something like this?

Yes. But if it doesn't work, do this.

Spoiler

 

$Random FriendMarine2Talk { SPM2T1 SPM2T2 SPM2T3 SPM2T4 SPM2T5 SPM2T6 SPM2T7 SPM2T8 SPM2T9 }
SPM2T1 SPM2T1
SPM2T2 SPM2T2
SPM2T3 Silent
SPM2T4 Silent
SPM2T5 Silent
SPM2T6 Silent
SPM2T7 Silent
SPM2T8 Silent
SPM2T9 Silent

 

//Silent - empty sound. 
//The more empty sounds the less chatter. )

 

 

56 minutes ago, nekostuffing said:

im still tying to fix those other things you told me about, like the footstep sounds not working properly wen shooting at the ground but it has been quite dificult i dont yet know why it happens or how to fix it.

Just remove all the elements and sounds for steps and ground fx. Then add a normal footsteps mod by Zombie Killer, for example.

And separate splashes mod if needed. But it can conflict with different texture packs. So I wouldn't.

 

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, Doomenator said:

Yes. But if it doesn't work, do this.

  Hide contents

 

$Random FriendMarine2Talk { SPM2T1 SPM2T2 SPM2T3 SPM2T4 SPM2T5 SPM2T6 SPM2T7 SPM2T8 SPM2T9 }
SPM2T1 SPM2T1
SPM2T2 SPM2T2
SPM2T3 Silent
SPM2T4 Silent
SPM2T5 Silent
SPM2T6 Silent
SPM2T7 Silent
SPM2T8 Silent
SPM2T9 Silent

 

//Silent - empty sound. 
//The more empty sounds the less chatter. )

 

 

Just remove all the elements and sounds for steps and ground fx. Then add a normal footsteps mod by Zombie Killer, for example.

And separate splashes mod if needed. But it can conflict with different texture packs. So I wouldn't.

 

ALRIGHT THANKS! your name is totally going in the credits man your help has been awesome.

Say i dont supose you would like to team up with me and complete this mod together? its totally okay if you cant or dont want to but i just wanted to ask still really apreatiate all this help :)

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, nekostuffing said:

...

I do not burn a desire to engage in any particular mod, as it will require considerable free time. And, actually, I'm not a modmaker, I just can throw a few adequate tips. In any case, you can consult with me in PM on any issue. I will try to answer, if i can. :)   


Warhammer 40k Music

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Doomenator said:

I do not burn a desire to engage in any particular mod, as it will require considerable free time. And, actually, I'm not a modmaker, I just can throw a few adequate tips. In any case, you can consult with me in PM on any issue. I will try to answer, if i can. :)   


Warhammer 40k Music

 

Thanks alot man! thats actualy great help, wish you all the best and ......THE EMPEROR PROVIDES!

Share this post


Link to post

UPDATE!

 

Fixes:

All weapons are now 16:9 resolution friendly

Fixed WolfensteinSS nazis not working in map32

Space Marine allies now talk less

 

Aditions:

A bunch of sound changes

 

some screenshots

 

Screenshot_Doom_20191005_031633.png

Screenshot_Doom_20191006_005910.png

Screenshot_Doom_20191006_005937.png

Screenshot_Doom_20191006_005943.png

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Karl515 said:

Just tried this mod and it's awesome! The weapons feel good to use and it's quite optimized as well. Just a question, Can you also port it to zandronum? So that we can play co-op and DEATHMATCH. Here is the link for the BD Lite Zandronum Edition. https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=9671&p=114695&hilit=BD#p114695

yeah i would like to make a zandronum edition aswell ...but actualy i want to take it further than that...see i want to add various classes like other space marine chapters and i will be making seperate weapon mods for different factions once im done with the astartes mod im going to do khorn weapons mod and make khorn traitor space marine class,Bloodletter and Blood thirster ...then moving on the other factions etc. and then make a death match edition so you can play as most if not all of the factions in 40k and death match with one another for example you play as a space marine black templar vs another player using a Death guard trairor space marine class, with player sprites and weapons acording to your class. Plus a few other things i got planed, this will all take time sure but you mark my words i will do it hehe.

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, nekostuffing said:

yeah i would like to make a zandronum edition aswell ...but actualy i want to take it further than that...see i want to add various classes like other space marine chapters and i will be making seperate weapon mods for different factions once im done with the astartes mod im going to do khorn weapons mod and make khorn traitor space marine class,Bloodletter and Blood thirster ...then moving on the other factions etc. and then make a death match edition so you can play as most if not all of the factions in 40k and death match with one another for example you play as a space marine black templar vs another player using a Death guard trairor space marine class, with player sprites and weapons acording to your class. Plus a few other things i got planed, this will all take time sure but you mark my words i will do it hehe.

Well that's another thing that I will anticipate. Good luck with your work and take your time!

Share this post


Link to post

UPDATE!

 

Fixes:

water slime slimy lava and sow footstep sounds are now back plus a few other sound changes

 

Adittions:

Health bonus and armor bonus sprites have been replaced with new ones

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

UPDATE!

 

Sorry i took so long with this update making a new player class was quite challenging for me.

 

Adittions:

New plyer class black templar

New Black templar Ally marines

3 new weapons for the Black templar:

Powersword With shield replaces the Chainsword

Lascannon replaces the PlasmaCannon

Grenade Launcher replaces flamer

1 New weapon for the Blood Angel:

Flamer

 

Fixes and Changes:

Melee Attacks are more powerful

Thanks to doomenator PlasmaCannon's plasma ball explotion is fully blue

Deleted the Astartesmugshot.wad file and added mugshot sprites for both curret player classes

Berserk meele attacks animations look better

 

Notes:

If you wish to summon the Black Templar allies via console use these commands

 

Summon FriendMarine2B - Summons a plasmagun Marine
Summon FriendMarine3B - Summons a Bolter Marine
Summon FriendMarine4B - Summons a Shotgun Marine
Summon FriendMarine5B- Summons a Heavy Bloter marine

 

this should work regardless of what player class you use

 

Screenshots:

 

Screenshot_Doom_20191117_010910.png.baf7a0f76c08a08ca77f7ebeb0f6f51e.pngScreenshot_Doom_20191117_011004.png.76431d87458ecd4dc074a5c71c305cac.pngScreenshot_Doom_20191117_015008.png.53b677a6e24a5a6b62df5710912df06c.pngScreenshot_Doom_20191117_014332.png.1c2049eef1ff0ffbe58fa73fbb371aab.png

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, nekostuffing said:

UPDATE!

 

Sorry i took so long with this update making a new player class was quite challenging for me.

 

Adittions:

New plyer class black templar

New Black templar Ally marines

3 new weapons for the Black templar:

Powersword With shield replaces the Chainsword

Lascannon replaces the PlasmaCannon

Grenade Launcher replaces flamer

1 New weapon for the Blood Angel:

Flamer

 

Fixes and Changes:

Melee Attacks are more powerful

Thanks to doomenator PlasmaCannon's plasma ball explotion is fully blue

Deleted the Astartesmugshot.wad file and added mugshot sprites for both curret player classes

Berserk meele attacks animations look better

 

Notes:

If you wish to summon the Black Templar allies via console use these commands

 

Summon FriendMarine2B - Summons a plasmagun Marine
Summon FriendMarine3B - Summons a Bolter Marine
Summon FriendMarine4B - Summons a Shotgun Marine
Summon FriendMarine5B- Summons a Heavy Bloter marine

 

this should work regardless of what player class you use

 

Screenshots:

 

Screenshot_Doom_20191117_010910.png.baf7a0f76c08a08ca77f7ebeb0f6f51e.pngScreenshot_Doom_20191117_011004.png.76431d87458ecd4dc074a5c71c305cac.pngScreenshot_Doom_20191117_015008.png.53b677a6e24a5a6b62df5710912df06c.pngScreenshot_Doom_20191117_014332.png.1c2049eef1ff0ffbe58fa73fbb371aab.png

 

 

 

It looks really good, and as a W40K fan It makes me really happy to see someone finally doing a Doom mod of Warhammer, I will try it.

Btw, which mapset would you recommend to play with this mod? 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×