Find results in...
nekostuffing

Warhammer 40k Astartes

On 9/8/2019 at 6:16 PM, Doomenator said:

For the Emperor! )

Reveal hidden contents

THE EMPEROR APROVES!
And thanks for the video :D
Also i liked the health sprites you added could i use them? and how did you improve the granade explosions? i would like to improve the explotions aswell

UPDATE!

Ive made improvements to these weapons:
Bolter
Shotgun

Plasmagun

HeavyBolter

the Warhammer 40k.pk3 file has been updated

the shotgun and bolter sounds have been changed as well

here are some screenshots showing the improvements

Screenshot_Doom_20190909_213156.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190909_213208.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190909_213231.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190909_213248.png

12 hours ago, nekostuffing said:

and how did you improve the granade explosions?

Strange question, because I didn't change the grenade explosions. I try not to touch the gameplay of the mods at all, no matter how good or bad it is. Only cosmetic changes and additions: sounds, sprites, decals, textures, etc.

3 hours ago, Doomenator said:

Strange question, because I didn't change the grenade explosions. I try not to touch the gameplay of the mods at all, no matter how good or bad it is. Only cosmetic changes and additions: sounds, sprites, decals, textures, etc.

Odd I play the modd often and the grenade explosion looks better in your video .....maybe it's just cause my computer is a pottato lol XD

UPDATE!

Fixes that have been made:

Lost soul and Archvile sprite errors are now fixed

A small problem with Doom kraken monster randomiser v4 and the plasma gun projectile has been fixed but you must load the monster wad first

this is only with kraken monster randomizer i dont know why this happens yet

The Storm Bolter now reloads automatically wen the ammo clip loaded reaches 0, also the projectiles now fire straight from it and the reload animations

have been slightly improved.

Sprite Updates:

Chainsword animations are more fluid and one of the animations has been replaced

Plasma Cannon sprites have been improved

Sound:

The bolter fire sound has been changed again and i wont be changing that anymore because im satisfied with how it sounds now.

Some screenshots:

Screenshot_Doom_20190914_212531.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190914_212554.png

Edited by nekostuffing : made a mistake

I think you need to pay attention to this:

Chainsword looks like baseball bat punches. Although it should be something like 

Spoiler

Camera tilts while reloading weapons look unnatural and annoying, it is desirable to remove them.

Shots in the floor and fragments make sounds of steps.

And I would suggest as a basis to use Brutal Doom v21 instead of BDlite v20, for many reasons.

3 hours ago, Doomenator said:

I think you need to pay attention to this:

Chainsword looks like baseball bat punches. Although it should be something like 

Reveal hidden contents

Camera tilts while reloading weapons look unnatural and annoying, it is desirable to remove them.

Shots in the floor and fragments make sounds of steps.

And I would suggest as a basis to use Brutal Doom v21 instead of BDlite v20, for many reasons.

Yeah i know what you mean the chainsword felt more like a blunt force weapon and not like a cutting weapon, i just fixed that right now and updated the download, it should now feel more like a cut rather than a punch, however i will still improve it further.

I think you mean that wen you reload the hands still move, wich is most noticible wen reloading the shotgun, i am working on that still figuring it out.

The shots replace the souds of footsteps i belive thats what you mean i hadn't noticed that before thank you for telling me i will work on it :)

I tried using brutal doom v21 but i couldnt even figure out how to remove all of the gore and monsters properly the code is really advanced and it was suggested to me to use Bdlite v20 insted apperantly no one has been able to make a brutal doom weapons only mod due to the fact that the code is all over the place, that and the fact that this is my first time coding and modding and there is still a lot i dont know or understand about doom coding, im learning as i work with this. What i can do is continue to modify Bdlite until it looks more like Brutal doomv21.

I really appreciate your feed back Doomenator i havent gotten much so i dont know if something i made or changed looks good or not, so thanks a lot dude :D

1 hour ago, nekostuffing said:

I think you mean that wen you reload the hands still move, wich is most noticible wen reloading the shotgun

No, I was talking about the motion of the camera when reloading the stormbolter and rocketlaucher. A lot of people think it adds realism. But in fact the opposite is true. You can shake your head but your vision are always focused on one point, it is an elementary physiology. So camera should always be static unless you move the mouse yourself. During firing similar is not critical, provided that the amplitude of motion does not exceed the value that the eyes can compensate. Such errors are very common among modmakers and you got it together with BDlite.

45 minutes ago, Doomenator said:

No, I was talking about the motion of the camera when reloading the stormbolter and rocketlaucher. A lot of people think it adds realism. But in fact the opposite is true. You can shake your head but your vision are always focused on one point, it is an elementary physiology. So camera should always be static unless you move the mouse yourself. During firing similar is not critical, provided that the amplitude of motion does not exceed the value that the eyes can compensate. Such errors are very common among modmakers and you got it together with BDlite.

oh ok that would actually be easyer to fix. and if you dont mind me asking, how do you fell about motion tilt? example:

i wanted to add something like this to my mod but im not sure if its a good idea

19 minutes ago, nekostuffing said:

i wanted to add something like this to my mod but im not sure if its a good idea

Since your mod does not work under Zandronum, а tilt++ has settings and it can be turned off, you can safely add, it will not affect anything. But I usually use all of these minimode separately.

10 minutes ago, Doomenator said:

Since your mod does not work under Zandronum, а tilt++ has settings and it can be turned off, you can safely add, it will not affect anything. But I usually use all of these minimode separately.

Alright thank you !

UPDATE!

Fixes:

Removed camera tilt during Rocket launcher reload

Removed camera tilt during Storm Bolter reload

Improved Plasma Ball explosion

Aditions:

Changed the player sprites

Integrated Flash light mod by "the zombie killer"

Added Tilt++ by "Nash muhandes"

I also added an Ally spawn sistem that uses the Mod "Brutal friends" by "SgtMarkIV" , so you can now call your space marine brothes to battle.

So far you can call a Heavy Bolter Marine, a Plasma gun Marine, a Bolter Marine and a Shotgun Marine, but i will add more in the future.

To teleport them into action you must find a teleporter beacon that replaces the BlurSphere (make sure you have binded keys for selecting and using inventory items on your configs), or you can summon them via console with these command lines.

Summon FriendMarine2 - Summons a plasmagun Marine
Summon FriendMarine3 - Summons a Bolter Marine
Summon FriendMarine4 - Summons a Shotgun Marine
Summon FriendMarine5 - Summons a Heavy Bloter marine

You can give them the comand to stay were they are or follow you with the "USE" button.

They also each have voicelines but i still have to figure out how to meke it so that they talk a bit less, they might talk too much at times

but i still hope you enjoy fighting alongside other space marines.

A screenshot:

Screenshot_Doom_20190928_074851.png

Fixed a little problem with the player sprites ....one of the names was causing the space marine dead sprite to replace the dead marine decoration found in some areas of certain maps and do to the scale of the sprite it did not look good so i changed the name of the sprite so it wouldt replace it.

Need to completely replace the original Brutal doom sounds. It gives the impression that you are playing Brutal Doom weapon patch.

Fix Commander Keen and WolfensteinSS.

Spoiler

ygxAjkf.png

Make weapon sprites for 16:9 mode.

Spoiler

jhi6eRE.png

17 hours ago, nekostuffing said:

i still have to figure out how to meke it so that they talk a bit less, they might talk too much at times

This can be done by sndinfo, adding empty sounds.

Hey Doomenator! thanks for showing me this, sometimes i miss errors here and there ...i dont play the wolfenstein map very often so i didnt notice those missing sprites.

also i dont play in 16:9 mode cause it makes the game lag more in my pc, i have my settings really low.

Replacing the sounds shouldt be a problem, also im still tying to fix those other things you told me about, like the footstep sounds not working properly wen shooting at the ground but it has been quite dificult i dont yet know why it happens or how to fix it.

37 minutes ago, nekostuffing said:

Does it work something like this?

Yes. But if it doesn't work, do this.

Spoiler

$Random FriendMarine2Talk { SPM2T1 SPM2T2 SPM2T3 SPM2T4 SPM2T5 SPM2T6 SPM2T7 SPM2T8 SPM2T9 }
SPM2T1 SPM2T1
SPM2T2 SPM2T2
SPM2T3 Silent
SPM2T4 Silent
SPM2T5 Silent
SPM2T6 Silent
SPM2T7 Silent
SPM2T8 Silent
SPM2T9 Silent

//Silent - empty sound. 
//The more empty sounds the less chatter. )

56 minutes ago, nekostuffing said:

im still tying to fix those other things you told me about, like the footstep sounds not working properly wen shooting at the ground but it has been quite dificult i dont yet know why it happens or how to fix it.

Just remove all the elements and sounds for steps and ground fx. Then add a normal footsteps mod by Zombie Killer, for example.

And separate splashes mod if needed. But it can conflict with different texture packs. So I wouldn't.

24 minutes ago, Doomenator said:

Yes. But if it doesn't work, do this.

Hide contents

$Random FriendMarine2Talk { SPM2T1 SPM2T2 SPM2T3 SPM2T4 SPM2T5 SPM2T6 SPM2T7 SPM2T8 SPM2T9 }
SPM2T1 SPM2T1
SPM2T2 SPM2T2
SPM2T3 Silent
SPM2T4 Silent
SPM2T5 Silent
SPM2T6 Silent
SPM2T7 Silent
SPM2T8 Silent
SPM2T9 Silent

//Silent - empty sound. 
//The more empty sounds the less chatter. )

Just remove all the elements and sounds for steps and ground fx. Then add a normal footsteps mod by Zombie Killer, for example.

And separate splashes mod if needed. But it can conflict with different texture packs. So I wouldn't.

ALRIGHT THANKS! your name is totally going in the credits man your help has been awesome.

Say i dont supose you would like to team up with me and complete this mod together? its totally okay if you cant or dont want to but i just wanted to ask still really apreatiate all this help :)

42 minutes ago, nekostuffing said:

I do not burn a desire to engage in any particular mod, as it will require considerable free time. And, actually, I'm not a modmaker, I just can throw a few adequate tips. In any case, you can consult with me in PM on any issue. I will try to answer, if i can. :)   

Warhammer 40k Music

3 minutes ago, Doomenator said:

I do not burn a desire to engage in any particular mod, as it will require considerable free time. And, actually, I'm not a modmaker, I just can throw a few adequate tips. In any case, you can consult with me in PM on any issue. I will try to answer, if i can. :)   

Warhammer 40k Music

Thanks alot man! thats actualy great help, wish you all the best and ......THE EMPEROR PROVIDES!

UPDATE!

Fixes:

All weapons are now 16:9 resolution friendly

Fixed WolfensteinSS nazis not working in map32

Space Marine allies now talk less

Aditions:

A bunch of sound changes

some screenshots

Screenshot_Doom_20191005_031633.png

Screenshot_Doom_20191006_005910.png

Screenshot_Doom_20191006_005937.png

Screenshot_Doom_20191006_005943.png

15 hours ago, Karl515 said:

Just tried this mod and it's awesome! The weapons feel good to use and it's quite optimized as well. Just a question, Can you also port it to zandronum? So that we can play co-op and DEATHMATCH. Here is the link for the BD Lite Zandronum Edition. https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=9671&p=114695&hilit=BD#p114695

yeah i would like to make a zandronum edition aswell ...but actualy i want to take it further than that...see i want to add various classes like other space marine chapters and i will be making seperate weapon mods for different factions once im done with the astartes mod im going to do khorn weapons mod and make khorn traitor space marine class,Bloodletter and Blood thirster ...then moving on the other factions etc. and then make a death match edition so you can play as most if not all of the factions in 40k and death match with one another for example you play as a space marine black templar vs another player using a Death guard trairor space marine class, with player sprites and weapons acording to your class. Plus a few other things i got planed, this will all take time sure but you mark my words i will do it hehe.

33 minutes ago, nekostuffing said:

yeah i would like to make a zandronum edition aswell ...but actualy i want to take it further than that...see i want to add various classes like other space marine chapters and i will be making seperate weapon mods for different factions once im done with the astartes mod im going to do khorn weapons mod and make khorn traitor space marine class,Bloodletter and Blood thirster ...then moving on the other factions etc. and then make a death match edition so you can play as most if not all of the factions in 40k and death match with one another for example you play as a space marine black templar vs another player using a Death guard trairor space marine class, with player sprites and weapons acording to your class. Plus a few other things i got planed, this will all take time sure but you mark my words i will do it hehe.

Well that's another thing that I will anticipate. Good luck with your work and take your time!

UPDATE!

Fixes:

water slime slimy lava and sow footstep sounds are now back plus a few other sound changes

Adittions:

Health bonus and armor bonus sprites have been replaced with new ones

UPDATE!

Sorry i took so long with this update making a new player class was quite challenging for me.

Adittions:

New plyer class black templar

New Black templar Ally marines

3 new weapons for the Black templar:

Powersword With shield replaces the Chainsword

Lascannon replaces the PlasmaCannon

Grenade Launcher replaces flamer

1 New weapon for the Blood Angel:

Flamer

Fixes and Changes:

Melee Attacks are more powerful

Thanks to doomenator PlasmaCannon's plasma ball explotion is fully blue

Deleted the Astartesmugshot.wad file and added mugshot sprites for both curret player classes

Berserk meele attacks animations look better

Notes:

If you wish to summon the Black Templar allies via console use these commands

Summon FriendMarine2B - Summons a plasmagun Marine
Summon FriendMarine3B - Summons a Bolter Marine
Summon FriendMarine4B - Summons a Shotgun Marine
Summon FriendMarine5B- Summons a Heavy Bloter marine

this should work regardless of what player class you use

Screenshots:

Screenshot_Doom_20191117_010910.png.baf7a0f76c08a08ca77f7ebeb0f6f51e.pngScreenshot_Doom_20191117_011004.png.76431d87458ecd4dc074a5c71c305cac.pngScreenshot_Doom_20191117_015008.png.53b677a6e24a5a6b62df5710912df06c.pngScreenshot_Doom_20191117_014332.png.1c2049eef1ff0ffbe58fa73fbb371aab.png

11 hours ago, nekostuffing said:

UPDATE!

Sorry i took so long with this update making a new player class was quite challenging for me.

Adittions:

New plyer class black templar

New Black templar Ally marines

3 new weapons for the Black templar:

Powersword With shield replaces the Chainsword

Lascannon replaces the PlasmaCannon

Grenade Launcher replaces flamer

1 New weapon for the Blood Angel:

Flamer

Fixes and Changes:

Melee Attacks are more powerful

Thanks to doomenator PlasmaCannon's plasma ball explotion is fully blue

Deleted the Astartesmugshot.wad file and added mugshot sprites for both curret player classes

Berserk meele attacks animations look better

Notes:

If you wish to summon the Black Templar allies via console use these commands

Summon FriendMarine2B - Summons a plasmagun Marine
Summon FriendMarine3B - Summons a Bolter Marine
Summon FriendMarine4B - Summons a Shotgun Marine
Summon FriendMarine5B- Summons a Heavy Bloter marine

this should work regardless of what player class you use

Screenshots:

Screenshot_Doom_20191117_010910.png.baf7a0f76c08a08ca77f7ebeb0f6f51e.pngScreenshot_Doom_20191117_011004.png.76431d87458ecd4dc074a5c71c305cac.pngScreenshot_Doom_20191117_015008.png.53b677a6e24a5a6b62df5710912df06c.pngScreenshot_Doom_20191117_014332.png.1c2049eef1ff0ffbe58fa73fbb371aab.png

It looks really good, and as a W40K fan It makes me really happy to see someone finally doing a Doom mod of Warhammer, I will try it.

Btw, which mapset would you recommend to play with this mod?