Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nekostuffing

Warhammer 40k Astartes

I love of this! Hands down my favorite 40k game I have ever played...and it's not even a actually 40k game! Feels like I am an astartes tearing through my enemies. I super excited to see where this goes. Really looking forward to powerfists and most importantly, the first legion, the unforgiven, the Dark Angels....FOR THE LION!

18 hours ago, PatCatz524 said:

Hey uhm guys, any clue what the first track in the w40k style music is? I tried finding it

Spoiler

On 9/9/2020 at 9:43 PM, Pakku said:

Is this still being worked on?

Yep, sorry its taking so long the hardest part for me is the spriting i have to make new ally sprites for each chapter i add in, and its a very time consuming prosess, rendering them renaming them and adding them to the mod properly positioned, i dont have the time to work on it everyday like i used to but atleast i can say that i got done with placing all the weapons for the ultramarine and added some of the ally ultramarine sprites, however it is taking me longer than i originally intended :/

Finaly! A new Update to the mod.

Changes And Fixes:

New Player Class UltraMarine Added with UltraMarine Allies.

New Weapon For UltraMarine Player Class ThunderHammer, it deals massive damage

and in the third hit, it creates a shockwave that kills enemies that are too close to it.

Added Small exlosion effect to Bolter rounds for wen they hit

Ajusted the Black Templar shield it now takes no damage from melee attacks and projectiles,

so long as you have it up.

Made The StormBolter Feel more like a Bolter And not an autocannon, i also centered it a bit to make it easier to aim,

if you arent using crosshairs.

Changed the Flames of the flamer so they dont cover the entire screen and so you can see what you are hitting.

Made The LasCannon more powerful.

I know it took very long But adding Ally sprites is Really time consuming, But better late then never right?

And Here are some screenshots

Screenshot_Doom_20201009_193420.png

Screenshot_Doom_20201009_193505.png

Screenshot_Doom_20201009_203524.png

Edited by nekostuffing

I gave a try and i enjoyed it, it's really well done, on some levels i moved in with cramped corridors it even manage to deliver a very good atmosphere like in the old Space Hulk on DOS and it's refreshing to have  those classes using different weapons, it makes it a lot of fun, even more when you summon a few friendly allies it feels like you're really in command of a squad into those dreaded space hulks.

I just wish there were more chaos and tyranids enemies as the ones included feels a bit odd, but i understand artwork is super hard to do.

Only thing i really don't like is the sound your character makes when he's jumping, every time it sounds like the guy is screaming something "blablabla" like if he was going to land into lava, it feels out of place in my opinion.

If i could i would replace this sound by the same "grunt" sound your character makes when you press "USE" on a wall, it would fit much more the atmosphere in my opinion.

Anyways, really it's a great job on this ! Thank you, i hope you'll continue improving it as it's a bucket of fun.

1 minute ago, Fizanko said:

I gave a try and i enjoyed it, it's really well done, on some levels i moved in with cramped corridors it even manage to deliver a very good atmosphere like in the old Space Hulk on DOS and it's refreshing to have  those classes using different weapons, it makes it a lot of fun, even more when you summon a few friendly allies it feels like you're really in command of a squad into those dreaded space hulks.

I just wish there were more chaos and tyranids enemies as the ones included feels a bit odd, but i understand artwork is super hard to do.

Only thing i really don't like is the sound your character makes when he's jumping, every time it sounds like the guy is screaming something "blablabla" like if he was going to land into lava, it feels out of place in my opinion.

If i could i would replace this sound by the same "grunt" sound your character makes when you press "USE" on a wall, it would fit much more the atmosphere in my opinion.

Anyways, really it's a great job on this ! Thank you, i hope you'll continue improving it as it's a bucket of fun.

Thanks a lot for your comment, i am glad you enjoyed the mod, and yes i am making new enemies for this.
Lol i actaly really like that sound but i'll see if i can find a replacement.

Tested it on freedoom and delta touch sadly doesnt work on freedoom because it uses old version of gzdoom while delta touch uses the newest gzdoom works well on delta touch

Just now, BeytullahK said:

Tested it on freedoom and delta touch sadly doesnt work on freedoom because it uses old version of gzdoom while delta touch uses the newest gzdoom works well on delta touch

Also enjoyed mod good luck with your work

Ok so. I had to register an account on this site just so I could reply and tell you how EXCELLENT this mod is. I've been playing it in combination with other mods off and on. I've been enjoying it! 

A few notes. 

1. The soundtrack is epic! Thanks for sharing the first track youtube link! Feel free to post the rest as i'd like to create a playlist for ambient music while i work. I'm in I.T. so a little industrial classical symphonic latin metal is just what I need to get through the day! 

2. I love that you added manual weapon reloads. That for me is a must have. Is there a chance you'd ever consider using the alt-fire capability or some other bindable key to maybe look down the sights or add a scope/zoom function to most of the weapons? 

2 hours ago, Lord Hallis said:

Ok so. I had to register an account on this site just so I could reply and tell you how EXCELLENT this mod is. I've been playing it in combination with other mods off and on. I've been enjoying it! 

A few notes. 

1. The soundtrack is epic! Thanks for sharing the first track youtube link! Feel free to post the rest as i'd like to create a playlist for ambient music while i work. I'm in I.T. so a little industrial classical symphonic latin metal is just what I need to get through the day! 

2. I love that you added manual weapon reloads. That for me is a must have. Is there a chance you'd ever consider using the alt-fire capability or some other bindable key to maybe look down the sights or add a scope/zoom function to most of the weapons? 

Thank you very much for your comment so glad to see so many people enjoy this mod!.

1.Sure i might have to track down a few of the song names that i can remember, but ill post them as i find them, also the one who posted the link to the first song was doomenator so we have to thank him for that.

2.Yes ive been loking into adding zoom scopes for the weapons altho its bean a bit dificult for me to figure out exactly how to do it plus working on the spriting but ill get that done as soon as i can.

17 hours ago, nekostuffing said:

Thank you very much for your comment so glad to see so many people enjoy this mod!.

1.Sure i might have to track down a few of the song names that i can remember, but ill post them as i find them, also the one who posted the link to the first song was doomenator so we have to thank him for that.

2.Yes ive been loking into adding zoom scopes for the weapons altho its bean a bit dificult for me to figure out exactly how to do it plus working on the spriting but ill get that done as soon as i can.

I'll bet you could enlist some help from the Project Brutality 3.0 mod Discord. I talked with the main developer (PA1NKI113R) over there and he was extremely nice. 

https://discord.com/channels/498342220815007779/498342220815007785

On 10/16/2020 at 4:12 PM, Lord Hallis said:

I'll bet you could enlist some help from the Project Brutality 3.0 mod Discord. I talked with the main developer (PA1NKI113R) over there and he was extremely nice. 

https://discord.com/channels/498342220815007779/498342220815007785

it says i dont have permition to post there ....i dont use discord often no idea what i need to do

Update!

Changes:

Added Nightvision that you can toggle on or off with a key bind.

Added an better (in my opinion) flashlight that works like the old one but looks better,

i heard someone say that an astartes wouldnt need a flashlight and that is true, however i left the

flashlight because it creates atmospherere that the night vision kind of removes, but its your choice to use

whichever you want.

Changed the explotion effects for the Barrel, The Rocket, The grenade And the Plasma gun and replaced them with my own

effects, i will be creating mi own effects, and remove as many of the old ones as i can, to step away from brutal doom and make this mod

more of its own thing, i hope you like my effects as much as the old ones.

I made the bolter's rate of fire only a tad bit slower, but i increased its damage by alot and also made most of the weapons stronger,

the rocket is quite powerful now so watch out wen shooting it near you.

I changed the rate of fire in the Plasma gun ally.

You now can carry up to 200 points of light armor (green) and 400 points of heavy armor (blue) ,

you also start with 400 points of heavy armor, and it provides more protection, overpowered i know but

space marines are overpowered really, maybe now you can even use this mod in slaughter maps tho i havent tried it.

Some screenshots

Screenshot_Doom_20201018_070148.png

Screenshot_Doom_20201018_070359.png

Screenshot_Doom_20201018_070449.png

11 hours ago, nekostuffing said:

it says i dont have permition to post there ....i dont use discord often no idea what i need to do

I may have posted the wrong link.., 

This is an invite link. I think:

https://discordapp.com/invite/3vVRyeY

You do have to have an existing discord account (free). I only started using it recently myself. Mostly for Docker/Self Hosting/I.T. stuff communities but also for Project Brutality and Brutal Doom as of late as i've been exploring the glorious GZDoom mod scene. 

2 hours ago, Lord Hallis said:

I may have posted the wrong link.., 

This is an invite link. I think:

https://discordapp.com/invite/3vVRyeY

You do have to have an existing discord account (free). I only started using it recently myself. Mostly for Docker/Self Hosting/I.T. stuff communities but also for Project Brutality and Brutal Doom as of late as i've been exploring the glorious GZDoom mod scene. 

I do have a discord account, but wenever i go to the link you sent me and this one it says i do not have permission to send messages on the channel, i tried rules and faq and pb builds download but i cant send messages there either.

2020-10-18 (1).png

4 minutes ago, nekostuffing said:

I do have a discord account, but wenever i go to the link you sent me and this one it says i do not have permission to send messages on the channel, i tried rules and faq and pb builds download but i cant send messages there either.

2020-10-18 (1).png

That's really weird. did you try the second link? 

10 minutes ago, Lord Hallis said:

yeah i did, thats what i got using the second one, i got the same from both

15 minutes ago, Lord Hallis said:

Wait i found out the problem i had to accept the rules by doing a captcha, sorry about that lol

Just now, nekostuffing said:

Wait i found out the problem i had to accept the rules by doing a captcha, sorry about that lol

LOL!!! That's what my British friends would call a "schoolboy error" 

A very small update

I fixed a thing that took a long time for me to figure out

the third pirson skins for the black templar and ultra marine no longer

turn into a small doomguy after firing.

I also fixed the plasma cannon spawning insted of the lascannon wich i messed up wen adding the ultramarines

Thank you for the updates, the atmosphere and ambiance is fantastic, it's a truly great mod.

2 hours ago, Fizanko said:

Thank you for the updates, the atmosphere and ambiance is fantastic, it's a truly great mod.

Thanks alot! sorry i i havent changed the sound you asked for ill do it only ive been playing the mod looking for errors and bugs that might need fixing.

If you can, wenever you play the mod and find any please tell me but only if you can, if you cant dont worry about it :) .

4 hours ago, Doomenator said:

Oh wow those sound edits are awesome and the pickups had some changes too ....would you mind sharing your edited version of the mod so i can update the main download?

1 hour ago, nekostuffing said:

Oh wow those sound edits are awesome and the pickups had some changes too ....would you mind sharing your edited version of the mod so i can update the main download?

This sound extension is not included in the mod. I just took sounds from Painkiller: Mutilator and used them additionally. To add this to the mod, need to make an effort (remove unnecessary and add credits). If you have the desire and time, you can do it. I'll send you a pack and link to the original mod. :)

This looks rad! I have always loved the 40K universe and this looks like it does a great job at making you feel like a space marine.