Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nekostuffing

Warhammer 40k Astartes

7 hours ago, Doomenator said:

This sound extension is not included in the mod. I just took sounds from Painkiller: Mutilator and used them additionally. To add this to the mod, need to make an effort (remove unnecessary and add credits). If you have the desire and time, you can do it. I'll send you a pack and link to the original mod. :)

Oh sure man thanks a ton! will be doing that

5 hours ago, Smoothandz said:

This looks rad! I have always loved the 40K universe and this looks like it does a great job at making you feel like a space marine. 

Thank you! always glad to see more people that enjoy this mod

Black Templars and Toilet Seat have player sprites. GLORIOUS BLOOD ANGELS only doomguy sprite. And why they so tall and thick. 

Edited by JudgeDeath : mistake

12 hours ago, JudgeDeath said:

Black Templars and Toilet Seat have player sprites. GLORIOUS BLOOD ANGELS only doomguy sprite. And why they so tall and thick. 

Do you mean why are the space marines so big? well because the astartes are very big in the lore lol

On 10/25/2020 at 10:08 AM, nekostuffing said:

Do you mean why are the space marines so big? well because the astartes are very big in the lore lol

Okay. It's just that sometimes the player sprite disappears when I look at it from the third person. But when I die I turn into a smaller version of the doomguy. Will the taunt system when press "T"?

5 hours ago, JudgeDeath said:

Okay. It's just that sometimes the player sprite disappears when I look at it from the third person. But when I die I turn into a smaller version of the doomguy. Will the taunt system when press "T"?

are you playing with the brutaldoom monsters mod? ..that problem happens only wen i play with those, and yeah i want to add taunt system that works wen pressing a key.

21 hours ago, nekostuffing said:

are you playing with the brutaldoom monsters mod? ..that problem happens only wen i play with those, and yeah i want to add taunt system that works wen pressing a key.

Awesome. No with vanilla. Why STMRBOLTER eat one bolt but shot with two bolts it's normal? STRbolter shootin from bottom of screen instead shootin from gun. I find reason 

TNT1 A 0 A_Takeinventory("StormBolterAmmoLoaded",2) was ,1)

I can't destroy lamp with fists and leg.

Edited by JudgeDeath

I noticed a minor problem as i was replaying Romero's SI6IL with this Astartes mod, i used the Ultramarine class and the 1st weapon (the basic bolter) does not seem to trigger some of the eyes when you shoot at them to open further paths in the levels.

The other weapons seems to have no problem (the shotgun that fortunately you can pick up from the start)

22 hours ago, JudgeDeath said:

Awesome. No with vanilla. Why STMRBOLTER eat one bolt but shot with two bolts it's normal? STRbolter shootin from bottom of screen instead shootin from gun. I find reason 

ill look into the tiny doom guy death animation, ive never seen it, i guees its because i have death camera disabled in my settings, thanks for showing me the issue ill fix that, and ill see about the lamp thing have to check it.

22 hours ago, Fizanko said:

I noticed a minor problem as i was replaying Romero's SI6IL with this Astartes mod, i used the Ultramarine class and the 1st weapon (the basic bolter) does not seem to trigger some of the eyes when you shoot at them to open further paths in the levels.

The other weapons seems to have no problem (the shotgun that fortunately you can pick up from the start)

i think that is because the bolter shots are like the rockets, explosive missiles, but ill check, ill have to play it with sigil to make sure as ive never played it.

1.how do i run this properly

2.can i have a list of the songs you used

and 3.this mod looks awesome i just need to know how to run it properly

Edited by VULKAN221

Update!

Fixes:
Fixed the clip ammo now gives ammo for all bolter type weapons

Changes:
Minor sprite changes for items like armor, health and SoulSphere, wich is now called Emperor's Salvation.
ShieldSphere now replaces the InvulnerabilitySphere.
BioSphere replases the hazmat suit (RadSuit).
Made a few tweaks to the StormBolter.
Added new player class BloodHounds (without Allies for now) uses Blood Angel allies.
Added new weapon Dual Bolt Pistols for BloodHound.
Changed the Jump sound for player.

Added item AmmoBelt gives you a bit of ammo and gives you new inventory items, enemies that drop clips might drop this item.

Added new inventory items:
Spring mine, a proximity mine that you can place and will activate wen enemies get near it,
but does not activate wen you or your allies go near it.

Tech priest's armor converter, if you use this your armor becomes health.

Missile pod, a pod you can drop that fires missiles at enemies, has 2 draw backs it only works if
you use it in an area that has a somewhat tall cieling, it also explodes once it finishes firing so dont be too close to it.
However it is a lot of fun to use just use it wisely.

Heart Of Astartes, this item replaces the MegaSphere and wen used you will regenerate health for the duration
of 60 seconds, it can only regenerate up to 200 health max, you can carry 2 of these in your inventory.

Also updated the Credits.

Much thanks too Slathe The Space Marine and Jackiler1 for helping me make the BloodHound player class,

if you wish you can find their youtube channels here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC53W5P3RPrNLIdvEe0ynzuA

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmfX556A8jCSHWrcs8jLEJg

On 10/26/2020 at 8:17 AM, Fizanko said:

Yes it was as i thought any weapon that uses projectiles insted of hitscan wouldnt work, that is just the way Romero made his wad im affraid.

On 10/26/2020 at 7:43 AM, JudgeDeath said:

I think i maneged to fix the StormBolter problem, im still loking into the other two

On 11/1/2020 at 9:34 PM, nekostuffing said:

While firing plasma, a sprite with a red hand flashes at UM and BT. Need correct the line PLSG A 6 => ULSG A 6, BLSG A 6.

And I didn't like how the medkits and berserk look now, I'll prefer change it back.

While firing plasma, a sprite with a red hand flashes at UM and BT. Need correct the line PLSG A 6 => ULSG A 6, BLSG A 6.

And I didn't like how the medkits and berserk look now, I'll prefer change it back.

Alright ill fix those things.

9 hours ago, Doomenator said:

ok should be fixed now berserk is back the way it was, the medkits were changed again tell me if your ok with these, if not i promise ill bring back the originals.

Quite acceptable. But I would still change the scale for the medikit to 1.0, and for the armor to 0.8. 
Check Berserk bug PSTR ABCB 4 - one sprite is missing.
Also I noticed the Purity seal that appears on the UM bolter only when reloading. It's not a bug, but it looks strange. )

Use the test map it allows you to quickly view many things.

testmap.zip

Edited by Doomenator

Quite acceptable. But I would still change the scale for the medikit to 1.0, and for the armor to 0.8. 
Check Berserk bug PSTR ABCB 4 - one sprite is missing.
Also I noticed the Purity seal that appears on the UM bolter only when reloading. It's not a bug, but it looks strange. )

Use the test map it allows you to quickly view many things.

testmap.zip

The scaling and the berserk pack issuse are fixed :)

5 hours ago, Doomenator said:

One more. If use a flamethrower UM and BH has a kick with BA skin.

On it!, sorry i havent had time to do a lot of testing been mostly spriting the new monsters, so thank you alot telling me these things.

1 hour ago, nekostuffing said:

On it!, sorry i havent had time to do a lot of testing been mostly spriting the new monsters, so thank you alot telling me these things.

Well, actually I noticed it myself by accident. )

Just now, Doomenator said:

Well, actually I noticed it myself by accident. )

I fixed the problem.

Yeah but thanks for telling me about it anyway :)

Hi!

I just want to thank your hard work on this mod. This is the best 40k mod i've seen so far. I think it sould be a little extra if you change the player height to 60-ish because, yknow, space marines are frickin tall. Anyway keep up the good work and thank you :)

34 minutes ago, Barneyy said:

Hi!

I just want to thank your hard work on this mod. This is the best 40k mod i've seen so far. I think it sould be a little extra if you change the player height to 60-ish because, yknow, space marines are frickin tall. Anyway keep up the good work and thank you :)

Thank you, im very glad you enjoyed the mod, the camera hight is a bit higher than normal, but i feel if i make it any higher it would be a terminator, i only lowered the hight slightly to differentiate it from the Space Hulk mod, i dont know if you have seen that mod, it was made by Devianteist.

10 hours ago, Barneyy said:

There is no real human height in the game and all classes are the same height. Therefore, it doesn't make sense to make a higher camera at all. In addition, it will harm compatibility with maps.

Hi, enjoying this wad so far, and am hopeful to see it improve in the years to come (Favourite loadout is either Black Templar or Blood Angel).  However, I have had some issues:

1) I seem to get a lot of console error messages when loading the wad up (Lots of Red "r_Installspritelump: bad frame characters in Lump ___" and Orange Text "script warning: unknown class name")

2) Enemy death triggers don't work (Kill E1M8 bosses and the Pentagram Wall doesn't descend and allow you to finish the level and in Map08 of Doom 2 (i had to cheat in both instances))

UPDATE on issue #2: Vanilla enemies activate Death Triggers without problem.

What I would hope to see in the future:

1) Enemies that resemble 40K Chaos enemies (The Lost Soul fits surprisingly well as a Nurgle entity, though), and a Defiler would make a great Spider Mastermind substitute.

2) Much like in the spirit of original DOOM Music, some midi'd HMKids (Awesome 40k themed band)

Edited by Sylevernas