• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DSC

Favorite Metal Bands

On 9/3/2019 at 3:35 AM, FractalBeast said:

Demilich

Fuck yes :D.

You really should check out Chthe'ilist in that case, that's the closest thing we're probably ever going to get to new Demilich material. You could check out Crematory, Abyssal, Cruciamentum, Dead Congregation, Venenum, and Catacomb as well if you like the more "cavernous" style, though those aren't as close to Demilich's style. Demilich certainly had a glorious and unique brand of death metal.

5 hours ago, seed said:

Fuck yes :D.

You really should check out Chthe'ilist in that case, that's the closest thing we're probably ever going to get to new Demilich material. You could check out Crematory, Abyssal, Cruciamentum, Dead Congregation, Venenum, and Catacomb as well if you like the more "cavernous" style, though those aren't as close to Demilich's style. Demilich certainly had a glorious and unique brand of death metal.

I think those bands occasionally sneak into my Spotify playlist. And yeah, "cavernous death metal" gives a great wealth of doomy/grindy death metal.

idk, I'm listening to a different band everyday but recently it's a lot of bolt thrower, memoriam, dri and toxic holoxaust

6 hours ago, ([zen3001]) said:

idk, I'm listening to a different band everyday but recently it's a lot of bolt thrower, memoriam, dri and toxic holoxaust

Saw Memoriam live last year, killer gig! As someone who never got to see Bolt Thrower live, it felt like the next best thing.

Devourment, Artery Eruption, Embryectomy, Digested Flesh, etc etc... I'm a bit of a brutal death metal fucktard. Extra points if it sounds like it was recorded in a dirty basement while mom is upstairs watching Matlock. I love goregrind and other generally gross sounding music, but that's not really "metal." I can appreciate a lot of golden era death metal too. Gutted, Demilich, Disastrous Murmur, Ripping Corpse, Broken Hope, etc etc...

Edited by NerdyButLazy

On 9/9/2019 at 12:38 PM, lymewire said:

I like Korn, Tool, Fear Factory, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Primus, Five Finger Death Punch, Dope, Thrice, Butthole Surfers, Powerman 5000, White Zombie/Rob Zombie, Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osbourne, Sabaton, Rage Against the Machine, Mr. Bungle, System of a Down, Pantera, Alice in Chains, Megadeth, Coal Chamber, Disturbed, Marilyn Manson, Static-X, Deftones, Slayer, Slipknot, Limp Bizkit, and Faith No More. I would say Mick Gordon but that feels more like a video game composer than a metal artist but I dunno. Same for Nine Inch Nails, since they're industrial. Plus, I like King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, even though they do psychedelic pop, their new album Infest the Rats' Nest is metal

About that new King Gizzard album, I actually saw a magazine that called its genre of "trash" metal instead of thrash...

Moonsorrow 100% for atmospheric metal. Check out the albums Kivenkantaja and V: Havitetty, both of them require a full listen, Havitetty in particular, a true masterpiece.

Was digging through Power Metal again recently and now look at my favourites:

- Twilight Force

- Highlord

- Holy Knights

- Power Quest

- Dark Moor

Kthxbye.

On 9/8/2019 at 4:35 PM, ThunderEagle said:

Born of Osiris is an underappreciated metalcore band that deserves more attention.

Idk man, they seem pretty popular to me, on the Internet at least. I agree that they're pretty cool. The lead vocalist used to annoy me because his growling Is kinda monotonous, but I got used to it.