Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Doomhead87

Ahhh!!Someone help me with EDGE(A doom port)

I need to use a port called EDGE in order to get the most out of a TC Wad file I downloaded(A Goldeneye 007 one)I unzipped all of the files from the archive into the Doom II directory, but whenever I run it, it says "no IWADS found!" and I cant do anything(Doom2.wad IS in the directory)what do I do to fix it?

If it helps...

It is EDGE Version 1.24(Only this version is supposed to work w/the TC)

I already have EDGE 1.24, it's just that when I try to run it, it says "no iwads found" even though Doom2.wad is in the directory.

Well now I tried Edge32.exe -iwad doom2.wad, but as usual I get an error message. This time it says "unable to add specified "doom2.wad"

Are you an XP user? If so, you may need to include the full paths:
c:\doom2\Edge32.exe -iwad c:\doom2\doom2.wad
(assuming c:\doom2\ is your Doom2 directory).

More info...

-I use windows 98
-I have'nt modified the IWAD or used zwadconv(have'nt even heard of zwadconv)unless using wads made by other people counts.
-EDGE v 1.24(The site of the 007 TC I downloaded says only this version works with the TC)still gives me the same errors, depsite trying everything thats been suggested so far(thanks for the help anyway)
-Should I reinstall Doom 2 or something?(if so, what are saved game files extensions(i.e, something like .CFG)so I don't have to delete those)

If I were you I would do this:

a) Reinstall Doom 2 again(just in case). You could install it to another directory, then copy the doom2.wad and place it into your old doom2 folder. that way you wont lose your save games. The important thing is the doom2.wad is "fresh" and uncorrupted, because from what I've read that seems to be the problem in your case.
b) Go to my site and download ESL, the launcher for Edge.

:)

Edge is in the same directory as Doom 2. By the way, my comp is really screwed up, and the CD drive does'nt work so I can't really reinstall Doom 2 at this time. I'm most likely going to need to do other things to fix up my comp, like reinstalling windows.

Ok, I have'nt replied here in like a week, but I think I officially give up on trying to get Edge to work. I've tried everything posted, including replacing the Doom2.wad file with a fresh one, and that still did'nt work. I don't know what else to do now. My comp sucks.

OK last nutty idea to try:
1) open the edge124.zip
2) inside it there's another zip called edge-ddf-2.0.zip
3) extract the contents of edge-ddf-2.0.zip to the directory where you have Edge/Doom

If that doesn't work I don't know what will :(

Acutally you may want to try to download the newest version of Edge 1.27 extract this to your edge folder.
Now donwnload the new version of GoldenEye I released a few days ago. Ge64ddf.zip. Extract this file to a new subdirectory in your doom2 folder called 'ge64ddf'. You will also need to download ge64levs.zip and extract them to the 'ge64ddf' folder.
Once that is done run GE007 by clicking on the ge64ddf.bat file