Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
  • 0
Tuckymonster

gzdoom source code

Question

I got the gzdoom source code (expecting to see a Microsoft visual studio file) because I wanted to add a few things to the loading screen for my standalone, but when I open it up. Its just a bunch of little files. Is there a way I can add some changes to the loading screen? (when I say loading screen i mean the screen after selecting an iwad)

Share this post


Link to post

10 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1
3 minutes ago, Tuckymonster said:

just wanted to add a gif and and a png
no.....

you want to replace the image used when you start the game?

have you ever used slade?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 1
6 hours ago, Tuckymonster said:

just wanted to add a gif and and a png
no.....

so you just want to edit the image that shows up when you launch the game?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

 

5 minutes ago, Tuckymonster said:

I got the gzdoom source code (expecting to see a Microsoft visual studio file) because I wanted to add a few things to the loading screen for my standalone, but when I open it up. Its just a bunch of little files. Is there a way I can add some changes to the loading screen? (when I say loading screen i mean the screen after selecting an iwad)

 

"Its just a bunch of little files." ???

https://github.com/coelckers/gzdoom/tree/777a4c600a36378d7b8b7c30654b9464863f582b

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 9/4/2019 at 4:29 PM, BBQgiraffe said:

quick question, do you know how to program?

just wanted to add a gif and and a png
no.....

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
16 hours ago, BBQgiraffe said:

so you just want to edit the image that shows up when you launch the game?

No. Not like that. I want the user to see not just the loading bar(like with hexen stsrtup thingy) i want the pic to cover a part of the screen so they can see the latest thing in the loading console. And the bar and pic

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
6 hours ago, Tuckymonster said:

No. Not like that. I want the user to see not just the loading bar(like with hexen stsrtup thingy) i want the pic to cover a part of the screen so they can see the latest thing in the loading console. And the bar and pic

 

 

Oh boy, here we go.


DID YOU TRY TO READ THE WIKI?

 

You don't need to rewrite the source code just to add Hexen startup. Even more, since it's the SOURCE PORT FOR EVERY ID-TECH1 VIDEOGAME it SUPPORTS such things from the start!

 

P.S.: @Graf Zahl look at this! I can't stop laughing crying.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×