Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
famicommander

No love for VFR?

There doesn't seem to be a forum on the site that fits Doom VFR. It's related to Doom 2016, but it's not the same game. Even the Doom Wiki article is just a stub.

Either way, I just got it and set it all up and I'm enjoying it so far. I am playing it on a PS4 Pro with the aim controller, smooth locomotion, and free turning. I can't wait to unlock some of the classic maps.

I was talking to my friend about this game yesterday as he has it and I don't , he didn't like it that much and described it as "clunky".

A lot of people don't know you can turn on smooth locomotion. They think it's clunky because they think the teleporting, segmented turning, and dashing are the only ways you can move.

As long as you're using the Aim controller or the Dualshock 4, you can play it with normal dual analog movement and it ends up playing out like a 3-5 hour expansion pack for Doom. Just don't try to play it with the two Move controllers; that is indeed a terribly clunky experience.

I haven't played the PC port but I believe the same applies.

Ahh that's interesting as I'm sure he said the reason he found it clunky was because he didn't have the move controllers. I'll have to let him know that you can smooth things out.

On 9/6/2019 at 6:50 PM, famicommander said:

A lot of people don't know you can turn on smooth locomotion. They think it's clunky because they think the teleporting, segmented turning, and dashing are the only ways you can move.

As long as you're using the Aim controller or the Dualshock 4, you can play it with normal dual analog movement and it ends up playing out like a 3-5 hour expansion pack for Doom. Just don't try to play it with the two Move controllers; that is indeed a terribly clunky experience.

I haven't played the PC port but I believe the same applies.

On 9/19/2019 at 10:40 PM, Rathori said:

I didn't know it had the proper movement option, gotta make a note for myself for when I (hopefully) get VR.

Well that i didn't know.

Maybe some people could get interest in it a bit more and we could see if it helps overall wiki material/documentation for this.