Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
meapineapple

97 WR Teleport linedef works in Zandronum but not in PrBoom+ or GZDoom

Question

I'm really confused right now. I'm working on a Boom map. I made a teleport destination with a nice gate texture, teleport destination thing, and appropriate tag. Then I made a teleport entry with 97 WR Teleport actions on each linedef, and the tag of the destination sector. Just like I have done a hundred times before.

Only this time, it didn't work.

What the heck is going on? Why is it working in Zandronum, and not working in other ports?

The teleport entry:

Spoiler

bg1vwxL.png

zq5t59y.png

The teleport destination:

Spoiler

4ptpcKH.png

xDn4txU.png

ClmBkNB.png

eNSC7NV.png

Please help??

7 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

perhaps this would be a good time to consider sharing the map so people can have a look.

Would have done so, but I 1) used a different node builder and 2) moved the monster teleport closets further away from the game area, and suddenly everything just works and hasn't broken again yet. I'm going to cross my fingers that it stays this way.

That's puzzling. I don't see any problem with the map itself, so I'm going to guess the problem isn't with the map.

Are you sure you're loading the exact same version of the map in Zandronum, PrBoom+, and GZDoom? Perhaps you're testing the map in Zand from DB, and loading the map in the two others manually, and the file you're loading manually is a slightly older version where the teleporter is not complete?

All the tests were launched from GZDoom Builder. Just tried it again to be doubly sure and, yep, it works in Zandronum and not in the other two ports.

I renamed and resaved the WAD with DB, previously "MAP01.wad" and now "MAP01.repro.wad", and now it works in all three ports. I made no other changes.

I guess I didn't really need my sanity then, all things considered.

edit: Also some monster teleports apparently don't work now, except for Zandronum, where they do. Also the player teleport from before is broken again in GZDoom. And not in PrBoom+.

edit: In GZDoom I found the monsters who aren't teleporting not in their closet waiting, but out in random noclip space, not in any sector. What the crap did I even do to deserve this

Edited by meapineapple

This is just a really random question, but did you happen to place a second Player 1 Start somewhere in the map (even accidentally)? I've experienced some incredibly strange and random issues in the past, due to this. Might be worth checking?

7 minutes ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

This is just a really random question, but did you happen to place a second Player 1 Start somewhere in the map (even accidentally)? I've experienced some incredibly strange and random issues in the past, due to this. Might be worth checking?

All putting a second player start does is create a Voodoo doll, So it sure as hell is not that.

1 hour ago, Alper002 said:

All putting a second player start does is create a Voodoo doll, So it sure as hell is not that.

Ah, I wasn’t aware of that. Only reason I mentioned it was because I had inadvertently placed another Player Spawn outside of the world geometry one time, and it caused very similar issues.