Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Armolitskiy

[WAD, single-level] Complex P.U.R.G-e

Complex P.U.R.G-ewad

From a complex called P.U.R.G-e, a signal S.O.S was caught. You are an agent sent to this complex in order to scout the situation. You are also allowed to use your firearm whenever possible. Because there, perhaps, something out of the ordinary happened.

The wad was created by me in GZDOOM builder (UDMF format) and tested by me in GZDOOM.
Allowed:
- freelook
- jumping
- crouching

IWAD:
- Doom 2

Thanks to all those who helped me with their criticism, their advice and feedback

SCREENSHOTS:

Spoiler

3-LUDMYUb-TF.png

mn-NWJt4k-Ei.png

bl-JDNNK6f-E.png

WEe-Hj-Fr-XGN.png

Nv-Rvp7-H5a-Q.png

Hk-Bh-Gwu-Bp-E.png

VMvv-JVo-ZPt.png

DOWNLOAD:
complex p-e.zip

(and yes, if there are errors in my text, then please correct them, I will edit the text)

Another day, another playthrough! Pretty quick turnaround on the new map.

This map is begging for either a SSG or a rocket launcher. I know I could have skipped all the monsters in that last room, but having to shotgun a Revenant, Cacodemon and Baron of Hell to try and max isn't fun (And then I had to go and didn't max anyway - Whoops).

Pretty neat though. Secrets were a little strange, along with the invisible monsters, but I'm not a fan of those UDMF type effects so don't mind my opinion on that.

Well that was a quick second map! Really enjoyed this one. Good flow, not entirely linear, and it just looks good. Nice little tech base. I mention my want for a SSG, like @Magicana above me, but in the end I decide against it. I think the last encounter would have been a little too easy with it and it felt like a good battle without it. I think the first door is the only one with the tracks not properly pegged. The rest looked good.

Like I said, maybe one monster closet could open behind you when you open the door with the blue key in it, but that's just me. The invisible monsters were interesting and definitely added something to the combat, but I could take them or leave them.

Hope this helps! Can't wait to see your next map.

Edited by kknot5889 : Mistook one door for another.

13 hours ago, kknot5889 said:

Well that was a quick second map! Really enjoyed this one. Good flow, not entirely linear, and it just looks good. Nice little tech base. I mention my want for a SSG, like @Magicana above me, but in the end I decide against it. I think the last encounter would have been a little too easy with it and it felt like a good battle without it. I think the first door is the only one with the tracks not properly pegged. The rest looked good.

Like I said, maybe one monster closet could open behind you when you open the door with the blue key in it, but that's just me. The invisible monsters were interesting and definitely added something to the combat, but I could take them or leave them.

Hope this helps! Can't wait to see your next map.

Yes, I often forget about teleportations that could help monsters appear suddenly behind your back so that you don't camp. And the trap near the red key did not work ... idk why

19 hours ago, Armolitskiy said:

Yes, I often forget about teleportations that could help monsters appear suddenly behind your back so that you don't camp. And the trap near the red key did not work ... idk why

Just a suggestion. Just don't want to cheese the encounter and camp at the door, you know? Map was absolutely solid. 

I really liked the design and detail in this level and overall it's a good one.

Few things worth mentioning tho
Couple slow opening doors at the beginning felt a bit weird or out of place.
The Radsuits didn't have any use since there was no damaging floors.
Invisible/stealth monsters are most of the time just annoyance. Stealth pinkies in low numbers not so much but stealth imps...

The final area could use some sort of "bait" like a rocket launcer or a ssg. Right now there is no reason to go there and seeing just a gang of monsters in front of you is not really inviting.

Here is my gameplay video