Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FanTazTiCxD

You have 30 minutes to make a map - post your results!

9 hours ago, WolfBlue said:

This map is pretty cool I like the texture work, I'm assuming you're not allowed to mlook lol anyway heres my demo (Gzdoom)

IconOfDataWB.rar

Just watched your demo, and you're absolutely right XD You are NOT allowed to use mouse look, otherwise it's way too easy! Come on, try again with mouselook off XD

4 hours ago, Roofi said:

SSD.png

Map Name : Seine Saint Denis

Build Time : 30 minutes

Music : Duke Nukem 3D - Urban Jungle

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/242657723332820994/623818892564889600/Seine_St_Denis.zip

Wow, looks nice! Let me try it, then I send you a demo!

Aaaand here it is! I recorded it at first, but then made a mistake, and accidentally recorded a new demo with the same name, so that it got replaced. Before this demo, I had a few tries where I failed. Here's my demo though, and it includes a bonus after winning your map!

I have to say, this is one of my favorite maps in this thread! Holy shit, did you really make this in only 30 minutes? It's really clever, and a really nice town-feel! I don't know what the blue key is meant for though... I finished the level without grabbing it... I also liked how there was plenty of ammo for the chaingun, but no ammo around for the super shotgun, so it was the gun to use only when you really needed it

towndemo.rar

Edited by FanTazTiCxD

On 9/16/2019 at 9:21 PM, Get Phobo said:

Yeah, but the maps will need some balancing, because some are super easy while others, containing hordes of tough monsters, are almost unplayable.

Also, almost all maps lack difficulty settings. These should be added as well.

On 9/16/2019 at 10:20 PM, Spectre01 said:

@Get Phobo Which is why I suggested sorting the maps from simplest (vanilla) to most advanced (udmf/GZDoom). This makes it simple to play up to X map using a classic port and everything with GZDoom. This has been successfully done before in dmp2016/2017, so it's not some wild new concept. And obviously it would not be intended for continuous play, like most casual community projects where maps are made independently.

For a megawad of these maps to make sense, it would have to be built of a hub, like DMP 2016 or 2017, where the hub had a forced pistol start.

But it could be done. In fact, the hub map should even be speedmapped in 30 minutes or less.

3 hours ago, FanTazTiCxD said:

Just watched your demo, and you're absolutely right XD You are NOT allowed to use mouse look, otherwise it's way too easy! Come on, try again with mouselook off XD

Wow, looks nice! Let me try it, then I send you a demo!

Aaaand here it is! I recorded it at first, but then made a mistake, and accidentally recorded a new demo with the same name, so that it got replaced. Before this demo, I had a few tries where I failed. Here's my demo though, and it includes a bonus after winning your map!

I have to say, this is one of my favorite maps in this thread! Holy shit, did you really make this in only 30 minutes? It's really clever, and a really nice town-feel! I don't know what the blue key is meant for though... I finished the level without grabbing it... I also liked how there was plenty of ammo for the chaingun, but no ammo around for the super shotgun, so it was the gun to use only when you really needed it

towndemo.rar

Thanks for playing ! But I can't watch your demo because it desync on my version of gzdoom.

simon.png

Map Name : Simon

Build time : 30 minutes

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/242657723332820994/623931614220648512/Simon.zip

I'm just here to claim I don't want my map to feature in any compilation if there're plans to make one, because it's only a base of something more serious for the future and I don't really like the current state of it. That being said, on a positive note, it's the idea in this thread that motivated me to make another actually serious map in a short time frame, so I'm thankful for this (:

As galileo , don't take my maps. I will compile myself in order to have my own wad. It's great thread to have fun exploring new gimmicks. :)

pas_peno.png

Map name : Péno Mortel

Build time : 30 minutes

Music : Gioachino Rossini

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/292378951588773888/624525296854368309/peno_mortel.zip

Allo_CIA.png

Map Name : Tours jumelles

Build time : 20 minutes

Music : TNT Evilution - map 04

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/292378951588773888/624529751771447297/Tjumelles.zip

Edited by Roofi

I attempted this, well this is what I got.

DOOM0094.png.c099131e16baff07fe0f5711c3c4d378.png

Map Name: Not So Nukage Tech?

Build Time: 30 Minutes

Music: Rise of the Triad - Suck This

30min.zip

Whipped up another map. This time a BSTONE themed map.

Screenshot_Doom_20190921_004513.png

Map Name: Piggle

Music: D_RUNNIN

DOWNLOAD

19 hours ago, yakfak said:

gruulhuh.png.d8b508ad37fe3dfa417a1dff2bdf8ad8.png

name: gruul territory

music: batqueen by zan-zan-zawa-veia

build time: 29 minutes

didn't test lol

30mgruul.zip

Cute map. Here's a short demo (PrBoom+ -cl2/vanilla ver. 1.9). (I'm sure it can be done quicker, I chose the safe path.)

30mgruul_gp.zip

16 hours ago, xxWeNxx said:

I attempted this, well this is what I got.

DOOM0094.png.c099131e16baff07fe0f5711c3c4d378.png

Map Name: Not So Nukage Tech?

Music: Rise of the Triad - Suck This

30min.zip

That's a nice little starter. Here's a casual demo.

30min_gp.zip

15 hours ago, pcorf said:

Whipped up another map. This time a BSTONE themed map.

Screenshot_Doom_20190921_004513.png

Map Name: Piggle

Music: D_RUNNIN

DOWNLOAD

Good concept. Here's my 4-minute demo.

piggle_gp.zip