Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
meapineapple

GZDoom polyobjects: Any easy way to reuse the same object?

Question

I'm trying out some GZDoom features and polyobjects are pretty cool. However, after following a tutorial and I was disappointed to find that I could not put identical doors in more places simply by placing more "Polyobject Start Spot" things where I wanted the other doors. Is there some other simple way to accomplish this, or will I need to manage lots of identical polyobjects if I want the same kind of door to show up in multiple places?

3 answers to this question

You can copy the 'physical' layout of a polyobject as often as you like, paying attention to the orientation, but each polyobject must have a unique ID, unless you want duplicated polyobjects to be activated simultaneously.

On 9/8/2019 at 2:56 PM, Kappes Buur said:

.... duplicated polyobjects ....

KB, I'm unclear on what "duplicated polyobjects" are. Are you referring to "mirrored" polyobjects? Or this this a new feature with which I am not familiar?

2 hours ago, ReX said:

KB, I'm unclear on what "duplicated polyobjects" are. Are you referring to "mirrored" polyobjects? Or this this a new feature with which I am not familiar?

meapineapple mentioned that he wanted to reuse the same polyobject multiple times, so, I guess I should have called them copied polyobjects, as in cloning them.