Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
termrork

Doom - Diablo Crossover - Doomiablo

A Diablo 2 Mod which is a Doom - Diablo crossover.

Hope you like the idea. Currently heavily under development.

I will post updates and videos about this project in this thread.

If you have any questions or ideas what you would like to see to be implemented, feel free to write it here.

The 2 most current videos are these:

I saw this ages ago, even played a very early pre-alpha or something. After not reading anything about it for years, I had assumed the whole thing died. So this is still kicking?

2 hours ago, NightFright said:

I saw this ages ago, even played a very early pre-alpha or something. After not reading anything about it for years, I had assumed the whole thing died. So this is still kicking?

From what I've seen, it seems that the development of the mod has been revived (for a short time, I guess, seeing that OP is not very active on DW).

@NightFright : there hasnt been anything released yet, so you must have played a different game/mod.

@TheNoob_gamer: I am more of a lurker, I do post mostly in the demos section though. the progress of the mod might seem slow that is why one can think that there was none at all and it got revived, but no, there was no stop since I started it.

I checked, I learned about this from a news on my German gaming mag website, GameStar, in August 2017. Back then it was just at v0.1.0 and a tech demo was available. Mod author was called DolloM. I assume that's you, then. Good that it's still alive. It looked quite promising!

ah yes, this is it and yes that is me, DoIIoM was never meant as a nickname but just the DooM 2 with the II resembling the 2 as in the logo. For years I had only 1 doom2 video on the channel and I forgot to change the nick to termrork or error xD. Thank you for the kind words!

I found something similar to this a few years back in moddb, but with a proper doomguy made in the same Diablo 2 style. I really hoped the author still developed it, but it seem that it was abandoned. Same as this, as @NightFright i found pics and gameplay footage of this mod a few years back. Hope you had time to finish this, because it surely would be an awesome place to star modding and introducing more things., and also a new way to play the game that we all love.

development is slow, but it is already that far that it is a lot of fun to play. but it took 2.5 years to reach that point ;). I have time and at some point everybody who wants is able to play it and hopefully have fun too (presumably 2020, not '19 anymore).

And i remeber it, the name is Doom: The fall of mars, here it is, i found it in my PC. Didn't know i saved a copy.
DooM - The Fall of Mars.rar

Its nothing near of what you done, yours is far better and polished, but its a simple game with Doom assets in a somewhat similar Diablo engine.

Unfortunately, i didn't found the Doomguy made in Diablo 2 style that i commented before.

yes doom fall of mars is great. but for the same reason why diablo 2 is imo way better than diablo 1, doomiablo will be compared to fall of mars which is more like doom for diablo 1.

too bad you could not find the doom in diablo 2 style! I never heard of it and I would love to see it.

Well, just having learned that Diablo 4 is basically going to be an MMO and a D2 remaster ain't happening, there's only one last hope: Bring forth Doomiablo! 

@P41R47 thank you for sharing! very interesting mod indeed. sadly it seems to be dead too like the original :(. but I can definitely understand that, it seems to be a one man project and modding diablo 2 is a pain a lot of work compared to doom. as an example, all the modding software out there for D2 is from around 2001.

@NightFright true, I was disappointed too... Diablo 2 remastered would have been a blast! maybe when WC3 reforged is done the team will work on D2 remastered. Doomiablo will be released! Maybe not '19, but 100% in '20.

8 minutes ago, IvanDobrovski said:

Does this use GZDoom or is it made under Diablo 2 Engine?

Judging by some nuances in the video footage, it's safe to assume that it runs on the Diablo 2 engine.

@xvertigox yes, it is still in the game, the mod did not exclude them

@IvanDobrovski & MFG38: you are correct, it is a diablo 2 mod. tried to create this with a doom source port first though, but programming in all the RPG aspects would take ages...

This looks very good. When will the mod have an alpha/beta version for people to try out?

Spoiler

Oh yeah, forgot to ask: How will the melee part work? Putting this into the spoiler since I haven't got time to fully watched the video yet.

thank you, not sure yet, hopefully in a few months.

melee is still under construction. a lot of possibilities which could change the gameplay a lot. not sure yet what to do.

Are there classes? What's planned for the skill trees? Are we going to be able to get some sort of Anni or torch equivalents? Is there a teleport spell or item? How are runewords looking? Is there a story to go along with quests? Have you got mf areas planned, pits, at etc?

Interesting and funny ..speaking of diablo i still have diablo hellfire expansion somewhere mm may need to bring it back out ..

3 minutes ago, Hcoop111 said:

Interesting and funny ..speaking of diablo i still have diablo hellfire expansion somewhere mm may need to bring it back out ..

It's on GOG now too and runs perfectly on win10.

I love gog.com amizing little site..i like it better than steam tbh..for the pure fact you can just download it and play it without the need for being tied to say steam ....steam is good to but...yea gog

@xvertigox currently only the doom class, of course other diablo 2 classes can be played too (which is also quite some fun to play as a sorc vs doom monsters ;) ). sure the endgame will work very similar at first and content will be added with time, so there will be an uber trist equivalent, but not with the usual evils. teleport is a big question I am still very puzzled about, not sure how and if I should implement it. it does not really suit the doomguy imo but is also fun to teleport around with him! runewords are currently the same, but I have plans to rework the runeword system at some time. story has a low priority for me, never was really interested in stories in games. of course if someone wants to contribute with a story I am happy to include it. there are already mf areas!

@NieMaMordy sounds like orlando bloom for me, so no chance :)

Nice man, sounds mean as. I think you definitely need to add tele, it's crucial to d2. Maybe a wand replacement with tele charges, a handheld uac personal teleporter. Or a low level runewords in a sword equivalent, something at the same level as stealth or leaf.

If you need a tester let me know.

true tele is an important aspect of D2. but this is also due to level design. in the beginning there will be some sort of tele for sure, people can play iwthout if they do not like it. ty, I will let you know when I will distribute it to beta testers!