Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DSC

Most Popular WADS/PK3S

Pretty self-explanatory. As you all know, Doom Explorer automatically installs any resources we don't have once we try to join a server. So I will ask you all, to save me some time: which are the most popular of all wad and pk3 files?

Unfortunately, it won't be that easy. :(

This isn't an issue on ZDaemon, but on 99% of Zandronum servers, the hosts (for some reason) feel the need to load 9,999 PK3 files/WAD files with each server, and each one only does a tiny thing (one is a pistol mod, one makes liquid textures animate faster, one adds lighting effects, etc etc - almost all of it is pointless fluff.)

So, more or less, you'll just have to wait an eternity when connecting to a server that does this. Not all servers are like this though! If you hover over the "wads" section on your server browser, it displays a full list of wads the server is running, and you can simply avoid the ones that have 10 or more.

The most popular cooperative and deathmatch wads would be:

Chillax

Ancient Aliens

Alien Vendetta

Memento Mori 1 and 2

Scythe 1 and 2

Greenwar

dwango5 and dwango6

Exec

Brit10 and Brit11

dweller2

lazarus1j

Neon DM

You're sure to see servers running those wads. There are hundreds more but I don't want to bog you down.

On 9/9/2019 at 6:57 AM, Doomkid said:

Unfortunately, it won't be that easy. :(

This isn't an issue on ZDaemon, but on 99% of Zandronum servers, the hosts (for some reason) feel the need to load 9,999 PK3 files/WAD files with each server, and each one only does a tiny thing (one is a pistol mod, one makes liquid textures animate faster, one adds lighting effects, etc etc - almost all of it is pointless fluff.)

So, more or less, you'll just have to wait an eternity when connecting to a server that does this. Not all servers are like this though! If you hover over the "wads" section on your server browser, it displays a full list of wads the server is running, and you can simply avoid the ones that have 10 or more.

The most popular cooperative and deathmatch wads would be:

Chillax

Ancient Aliens

Alien Vendetta

Memento Mori 1 and 2

Scythe 1 and 2

Greenwar

dwango5 and dwango6

Exec

Brit10 and Brit11

dweller2

lazarus1j

Neon DM

You're sure to see servers running those wads. There are hundreds more but I don't want to bog you down.

Thank you very much!