Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lorecast162

Doom 64 ROM Editing

Hiya, I just made a level to try to inject into my ROM of EUR DOOM 64 with Doom Builder 64. I cannot see any kind of utility to do so tho. Is my google fu just bad or there just isnt anything like that?

Dear @Immorpher... actually I don't know how he did this. When Erick is in front of the screen, he doesn't want to be distracted.

Erick have done many things that I don't know their process, even if I'm his older brother.

Great!! I have always wondered how those devices would look like. Of course we need testers in the future.

When I thought about this before, Doom 64 EX has software to extract a WAD from a rom, so it makes sense that the reverse process could be done. Sure there might be a checksum warning, but emulators and the everdrive 64 ignore that. Might have to gently ask Erick about how to do this.

Currently no way to do this; Erick has it more as a proof-of-concept. Mass-scale hacking of Doom 64 isn't done yet, but it will probably be happening sometime in the relatively near future.