Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

complevel 9 ??

Ok, so im a little bit confused about complevel9.

I´ve been asked to play some wads with complevel9 but i cant understand if:

- Its a Source port?

- Where can i download it?

If someone could try to explain this to me...because i searched where in the internet but i am a little bit confused...

Thanks!

It's a compatibility parameter used in PrBoom (and by extension PrBoom+), different wads require different levels to be set in ordet to be played correctly. You just use the parameter as a command line argument. (ex: -iwad doom2.wad -file cshock. wad -complevel 9).

Complevel 9 is Boom (Boom (Strict) in ZDoom derivatives).

20 minutes ago, seed said:

It's a compatibility parameter used in PrBoom (and by extension PrBoom+), different wads require different levels to be set in ordet to be played correctly. You just use the parameter as a command line argument. (ex: -iwad doom2.wad -file cshock. wad -complevel 9).

Complevel 9 is Boom (Boom (Strict) in ZDoom derivatives).

But where do i write this command?

5 hours ago, Austinado said:

But where do i write this command?

For PrBoom+, you do it on the command line, or in a script. If you prefer, you can easily set launch parameters on a launcher such as ZDL.

For ZDoom-based ports (Zandronum, GZDoom, ZDoom, LZDoom, etc.), go to the options menu and find the compatibility options. There you can set the appropriate compatibility (although these ports are generally much less picky about having the compatibility exactly right). For reference, -complevel 2 is Doom, -complevel 9 is Boom, -complevel 11 is MBF. These also have strict versions that turn on more options, if necessary.