Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Armolitskiy

DELETE THIS

DELETE THIS

Hey, hey people. Armo here. I am currently working on my WAD. I would like to make as many as three levels, or even more. I think I will complete it within this week.

And I would like to hear your advices, preferences and so on. What weapons would you like to see? In what style do you want one of the levels to turn out? What kind of monsters would you like to see? It is very important for me to know what you would like from me. Based on your tips and preferences, I will try to make my levels better. Perhaps there will even be its own menu or even its own HUD! And yet, I need a name for my WAD. I can’t come up with. I will listen to all your ideas.

Also, you can help me by creating a level for my WAD. I will definitely add you to the authors of WAD. Or you can draw art, create weapons or monsters for my WAD.

And now I will tell you about the first level - UnderMars. It will be something like underground labs. Underground complex on Mars. Screenshots (WIP):

Spoiler

Qm88-Sey-Wn-R.png

Ox-Q7-RY0axd.png

jdv58-Pg-HYR.png

Hx-PY0-MDNQy.png

46u25-KNi-O9.png

Builder-Hf-VYd-S3j-G8.png

Follow the news!

Edited by Armolitskiy

8 hours ago, Armolitskiy said:

And I would like to hear your advices, preferences and so on. What weapons would you like to see? In what style do you want one of the levels to turn out? What kind of monsters would you like to see? It is very important for me to know what you would like from me.

Will sound cliche but real talk, the honest tip of advice I can think of is, do whatever you want, map what you like, explore ideas, check and study other projects and authors, find what suits best for YOU first and don't have expectations about others' opinions. With that said, anything could fit in there as long as it comes from what you like to make, even if in the end it doesn't meat your own expectations, at least you get some sort of rejoice and learn something for the next step. When you are not thinking of it, you have built your personal style. So to put it simply, it's not us who are to tell you what to do, but that's also exactly what I'm doing right now so, yeah that's what I want to see, just keep it true to yourself (:

Judging by the screenshots, well first that's really nice status bar there, though those two black pixels above doomguy's square should be gray imo. I see you're working with low saturation, which is unusual in wads and piques my interest. I think light variation is needed there, that will create ambiance. Some creepy horror-game like BGM would go very well. Gameplay defines whether the map is fun or not so I'd like to see what you have in store!

Oh, very important, remember to add information about what source port you use to test the levels, and while not mandatory, the format in which you built them.  

3 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Will sound cliche but real talk, the honest tip of advice I can think of is, do whatever you want, map what you like, explore ideas, check and study other projects and authors, find what suits best for YOU first and don't have expectations about others' opinions. With that said, anything could fit in there as long as it comes from what you like to make, even if in the end it doesn't meat your own expectations, at least you get some sort of rejoice and learn something for the next step. When you are not thinking of it, you have built your personal style. So to put it simply, it's not us who are to tell you what to do, but that's also exactly what I'm doing right now so, yeah that's what I want to see, just keep it true to yourself (:

Judging by the screenshots, well first that's really nice status bar there, though those two black pixels above doomguy's square should be gray imo. I see you're working with low saturation, which is unusual in wads and piques my interest. I think light variation is needed there, that will create ambiance. Some creepy horror-game like BGM would go very well. Gameplay defines whether the map is fun or not so I'd like to see what you have in store!

Oh, very important, remember to add information about what source port you use to test the levels, and while not mandatory, the format in which you built them.  

Thank you, I understood your words.

Spoiler

9-CFb-QAr-RRo.png

b-Qvreo-Bemr.png

x-K4-Yq-Tawlf.png

f5d-Nwvs-AKT.png

w2-E7-SXr-TIF.png

I finally completely finished creating the first level. In just 3-4 hours!

Some places look too bright in the screenshots, this is because I have such settings, don't worry!

Edited by Armolitskiy