Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMer 4ever

Blood Colour

Will the monsters have different blood colours like in original Doom. And will Cacodemons bleed blue blood (heh, bbb) when shot and baron of hells and hell knights green (if they are in Doom3) unlike in classic Doom, where it's always red.

Again, sorry if i'm asking questions that have been made several times.

Interesting subject.
I actually have no idea, and I haven't seen any proof of that yet. Though I hope they just bleed red blood, which looks scarier to me than blue or greenish blood.

DooMer 4ever said:

Will the monsters have different blood colours like in original Doom.

unlike in classic Doom, where it's always red.

I think all the blood will be red in Doom3, as all the hellspwn i've seen get shot have bled red.

Disorder said:

Interesting subject.
I actually have no idea, and I haven't seen any proof of that yet. Though I hope they just bleed red blood, which looks scarier to me than blue or greenish blood.

That maybe but it's messed up the blood spats are red when their blood is indeed green or blue in the case of a cac

It could be cool if some of the enemies, like the Hell Knight and the Baron of Hell had blackish-grey sewage-like blood. It should be highly acidic, of course.

Oh, and the cacodemons should have glowing blood (any colour would be fine) that would slowly lose it's glow as it "cooled off" after being spilled.

Little Faith said:

It could be cool if some of the enemies, like the Hell Knight and the Baron of Hell had blackish-grey sewage-like blood. It should be highly acidic, of course.

Oh, and the cacodemons should have glowing blood (any colour would be fine) that would slowly lose it's glow as it "cooled off" after being spilled.

That would be kind of cool.

Isn't the so-called "blue blood" of a Cacodemon just its internal organs and digestive juices or whatever according to John Romero, and that it doesn't actually have blue blood?

bigbadgangsta said:

So? It is still Doom!

I know.. ofcourse it is.. it's just.. I prefer red blood over green one.. especialy in DOOM

Anyway.. if they made it green, let it be.. it's still a DOOM, like you said.. I'm happy that people can play DOOM with GBA :)

for the sheer shits and giggles (tm) diversity of the whole thing, iD should have red, green, blue and yellow blood, see through mucus ejected sometimes (depending on where you hit). Some of the more 'hellish' and particularly nasty creatures should have jet black blood that is corrosive. I reckon that glowing blood could be implimented so that, for example, when iin a dark room you can locate the creature more easily because of the glowing blood that dribbles down its side. (presumably you would fire into the darkness after hearing its snuffling/growling/howling/snarling/bad rendition of 'its raining men')

Livo said:

Isn't the so-called "blue blood" of a Cacodemon just its internal organs and digestive juices or whatever according to John Romero, and that it doesn't actually have blue blood?

then where is it's blood, I've never seen it and anything with a wound that big is going to bleed all over, so they have to show it.

I think it would be cool if the really nasty hell creatures like Barons of Hell etc. could bleed something like liquid fire. It could glow bright red or yellow/orange, and when it hits the floor it could ignite into small fires. How truly demonic :-)

different liquids of blood would be nice. but i hope they dont make acid blood - that would remind me too much of aliens or x-files. nah.
i hope to see wounds on the enemy when i shoot them. from the degree of wounds one can easily measure how many further hits the opponent needs to die. and its more realistic. i missed this feature in every id fps game so far.

uniQ said:

i hope to see wounds on the enemy when i shoot them. from the degree of wounds one can easily measure how many further hits the opponent needs to die. and its more realistic. i missed this feature in every id fps game so far.

That's what I was going to post!

EDIT: that liquid fire blood idea was also cool :)

DooMer 4ever said:

That's what I was going to post!

EDIT: that liquid fire blood idea was also cool :)

I second it.

On that topic, I love the color of the blood in the Doom 3 shots... it's not the bright, happy red that they use in so many games, but a nice, dark, smeary red... makes the blood just that much more real.

Like going from tomato sauce to pigs blood. :D

PlayfulPuppy said:

On that topic, I love the color of the blood in the Doom 3 shots... it's not the bright, happy red that they use in so many games, but a nice, dark, smeary red... makes the blood just that much more real.

argh....u damn spoiler. now we know there's no blue-colored-liquid-fire-looking blood dripping out of those hellspawn ;)

PlayfulPuppy said:

You DARE to talk about the leaked stuff!!! BAN! BAN! BAN!
j/k, talking about it ain't a bannable offence :-P

Well, glad to hear that the blood will look good.

..!

Actually I was talking about images from the LEGIT shots... and the Legacy trailer... but yes, it does look awesome in-game. :)

As for hellspawn blood color, it might be a different color, I'm not sure. Only encounters in the ebil version are too dark to tell the blood color.