Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath666

Compiling on Windows 10

I was hoping someone could help me with compiling on windows 10. I'm trying to compile this code for a tv tuner: https://github.com/Silicondust/libhdhomerun

I'm not a programmer and I just can't seem to figure out how to do this. All I need to do is change the number 69 to 51 on line 98 of this file: https://github.com/Silicondust/libhdhomerun/blob/master/hdhomerun_channels.c

That small change will set the tv channel range from 2-51 instead of 2-69. This is important because there are no tv channels above 51 anymore, those frequencies are now used for cell signals. When the software scans the channels above 51, it sees a signal so it waits for a few seconds to try to lock the signal, but it never locks because it's not a tv signal it's a cell signal. Changing the 69 to 51 will stop the scanner from scanning above 51 and save me a lot of time.

I have Visual Studio 2019 with the desktop C++ workload installed, but I'll try anything. I'm really desperate...

I'm not too much of a programmer myself but I'll try. 

What have you tried yet? 

Have you tried changing the value itself from 69 to 51, or are you just having problems compiling in Visual Studios?

I've tried opening VS, on the "Get Started" sidebar I picked "Open a local folder" and chose the folder, then I picked the specific file from the list of files on the left in the Solution Explorer and change the 69 to 51, then File - Save All. But I can't seem to find any button to compile or build or anything.

Neither of those did anything. I found the "Build" toolbar but all the buttons are grayed out and there's no "Build" menu up where file/edit/etc are. Do I have install something else?

f4eoRNP.jpg

Yes that works, omg thanks so much, this is one of those life-changing moments!

In 2 years there won't be any more channels above 37, so I might bump this thread one day :)

-_- where did u find "Build" toolbar? I'm stupid and couldn't find it on my gaming laptop. I tried to find it through "Search" but it doesn't works :(