Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ajora

Has Valentine Restaurant gotten any better over the years?

I've only eaten there once in my life, and that was approximately 15 years ago when I visited Quebec. I had a burger and fries combo, and it's to this date one of the worst meals I've ever had. I quite literally gagged on it. It's easily the worst hamburger restaurant I've ever been to. It's even worse than Lick's. But as I've said, this was all a very long time ago. I was wondering if perhaps they may have gotten better over the years or if their food still tastes like vomit. 

https://www.valentine.ca/en/

Edited by Ajora

As someone who lives in Quebec, not really. Honestly though the hotdogs are pretty much the only thing you should get there, I dont know anyone else who's gotten anything other than a hotdog there.

So they're a glorified hotdog stand? How many terrible chains are there on those parts? I always imagined higher quality than America.

Nah, there just a mediocre restaurant chain in Quebec that specializes in Hotdogs. Most fast food joints are known for a specific item on their menu but also sell other options for variety.

What other terrible chains are you referring to in that area? Other than Tim Horton's (which has degraded in quality recently) and Harvey's, most of the fast food joints near by all originated outside of Canada.

I kinda dig their web site's design (the sound effects make me chuckle), but even in advertisements, their food looks really, really cheap. It's pretty much impossible to ever go wrong with getting a hot dog from a street vendor. Hot dogs are underappreciated, and a venerable staple at BBQs. 

Edited by Ajora

I don't see anything wrong with the food photos on their site. If anything they didn't use cardboard and motor oil to make giant shiny sandwiches. Still it doesn't look that good :P.