Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mad Dal 85

Unable to pick up ammo

I'm unable to pick up more than one box of grenade ammo for the Grenade Launcher and I can only pick up one canister for Flamethrower. Does anyone know how to solve this issue? I don't want to put multiple GL's and FT's in my maps just so I can use them. Thanks

Well, to begin with there's no way anybody can tell which gameplay mod you're using, and there's also no way to tell if maybe you're simply using too many mods atop of each other. So basically with that little information nobody will be able to provide any help whatsoever. Also, because nobody knows which mods you're running, there's no way to tell if maybe this was intended by the author of the mod (in which case you'd need to mess with the mod itself to increase the ammo-cap).

It's a mod I'm creating myself. I downloaded the weapons from Realm667. And I use G/ZDoom source ports. 

Here's a video of it.

Well, if you can't pick up any more ammo in spite of not reaching the actual ammo-cap, then it's a problem with the script these weapons are made with, in which case somebody will need to look at the code of your mod to figure out what's wrong there, because anything else is guesswork that goes nowhere.

Here's the scripts.

These are the original scripts. I did add the ED number for the Gas canisters, and removed the '//' on the grenades. The ammo doesn't get added to the total amount neither. So when I do collect the one, it doesn't add the ammo count. :( 

Screenshot_10.png

Screenshot_9.png

Screenshot_8.png

Edited by Mad Dal 85

Alright, I fail to see where exactly the problem lies. I mean I'm far from "savvy" when it comes to decorate, but the way the script for the grenades is done seems fine when looking through my "layman's glasses". I'm not so sure about not giving a number to the gas, however. Afaik every custom actor needs some sort of index number (though that is unrelated to this problem, I suppose).

I've worked out the Grenade Launcher problem. I'm now able to collect more than one box but the box of grenades is for the launcher's secondary fire mode, not the primary fire mode. So that's one solved... Sort of lol.

Just need to work out the Flamethrower problem now. The small canister get added to the ammo count but not the big one, and the weapon only has one firing mode. 

Edited by Mad Dal 85

I worked it out eventually. The Flamethrower only had one "AmmoType" in the DECORATE script which is why the big canisters weren't getting added to the ammo count, so whoever wrote the original script obviously didn't test it properly.

As for the Grenade Launcher, I removed the secondary firing mode. Both weapons are working exactly how they should be now. 

Thank you for your time trying to help me solve this issue. Much appreciated :) 

2 hours ago, Yugiboy85 said:

Isn't the "loop" in the gas ammo actor going to infinitely spawn the sprite or whatever? 

The tics are set to -1, which makes it completely still, so whatever thing comes after it is completely irrelevant.

On 9/19/2019 at 10:15 PM, pc234 said:

The tics are set to -1, which makes it completely still, so whatever thing comes after it is completely irrelevant.

Do you mean the spawn sector in the DECORATE lump?

Ie.

{

Spawn

AGAS A  -1

Loop

}

If so, I'm guessing I need to remove the '-' out of it?