Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arbys550

Quick demo recording question

I was just wondering: are mouse movements supposed to be not as precise while recording a demo, or is it just my crappy laptop?

It's a limitation of the engine, while recording demos the mouse movement's resolution/precision decreases (becomes less noticeable with higher sensivity).

To force the regular behavior, use -longtics as a command line argument (ex: -iwad doom2.wad -warp -skill 4 -complevel 2 -record mydemo -longtics). Keep in mind it only works for vanilla and limit-removing wads, if recording Boom (complevel 9) and MBF (complevel 11) demos, it will not work.

Turning resolution while recording a demo is slightly lower. What source port are you using? You can use the -shorttics parameter in PrBoom+ to imitate demo style mouse movements even when not recording a demo. I recently started playing with short tics at all times just to condition myself to recording demos.

Edited by NerdyButLazy

37 minutes ago, NerdyButLazy said:

Turning resolution while recording a demo is slightly lower. What source port are you using? You can use the -shorttics parameter in PrBoom+ to imitate demo style mouse movements even when not recording a demo. I recently started playing with short tics at all times just to condition myself to recording demos.

Yeah I read about that in the thing rdwpa sent. I may use that from now on. I'm using prboom+ and I usually record boom compatible maps