Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Nobody

Favorite Fighting Game?

King of Fighters, 99 especially (Evolution on Dreamcast).

And agreed on the Street Fighter III 3rd Strike love! That game rocks. MvC2, Capcom vs SNK2, in general it seemed to me the Dreamcast era and it's selection of great arcade ports was the golden age of fighting games. I do love SoulCalibur VI as well for newer ones.

On 9/22/2019 at 1:21 PM, Eurisko said:

Tekken 2. Iconic and groundbreaking . Still play it to this day, and THAT intro......

On that note, I consider Tekken 3 to be one of the greatest fighting games ever made. Especially that PSX soundtrack. God, that soundtrack.

Big Beat needs to come back already.

Or how about an HD re-release (or better yet, a remake)? If you can do it for Soul Calibur II, why the fuck not Tekken 3?

Street Fighter 2 Special Champion Edition

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition

Ultimate/Mortal Kombat 3

Mortal Kombat 9

Super Smash Bros Melee

Ultra Street Fighter 4 seems to be the pinnacle of SF, at least since they fixed the shitty control delay in previous versions of SF4.

SF Alpha 3 for Dreamcast is great for 3 player mode taking on two friends at once.

Love the smooth animation of SF3.

Capcom vs SNK 2 is great.

Love the Vampire/ Darkstalkers series.

Mortal Kombat Project based on Mugen, MK Armageddon, Mortal Kombat 9, and MK Deception are my favorites though I need a better comp to install MKXL and have only played MK11 over a friend's house.   MK3 is where it finally got fluid but 1&2 though clunky are great for nostalgia.  I actually like Deadly Alliance but I hate MK4 or Gold.  (Little known info about MK Gold for DC if you have any interest:  The yellow disc is glitchy launch day garbage.   Only get the red disc somewhat fixed version that came six months after.)

SNK's fighters such as Last Blade, Samurai Shodown, King of Fighters, and Garou: Mark of the Wolves are great.   Never cared much for plain Fatal Fury though.

Guilty Gear X or whatever the newest is.

Couple old forgotten ones I'd like to play and learn to get good at:  Weapon Lord and Primal Rage, maybe Primal Rage 2.

Put the most time into MK Armageddon's Kreate-A-Fighter.

7 hours ago, R4L said:

I miss playing on kaillera. All Capcom fighters were set to free play, Turbo 2 and no flickering in the dipswitch options for Mame lol.

I think fightcade is basically the successor to kaillera, right?

Tekken all the way! My favorite was actually Tekken Tag, but that's just the one I happened to have and play for the longest amount of time. They're all good though, I've never not enjoyed a Tekken Game

But also...

On 9/21/2019 at 3:11 PM, TwinBeast said:

One Must Fall 2097. The tournament mode is great with the pilot and robot development. Maybe I like it because it's so simple and easy to learn game. Sure there are some special (and basic) moves that are easily exploited, at least against computer enemies.

....This game rules! Unfortunately its not the most replayable game, could use a good sequel. I still think it's the coolest aesthetic I've seen in a fighting game. 

1. Super Smash Bros.

2. Street Fighter

3. Mortal Kombat

Never played many traditional ones much, but I did enjoy what little I played of them.

3 hours ago, Tango said:

I think fightcade is basically the successor to kaillera, right?

Oh? Might have to give it a go. I only knew of Kaillera and GGPO.

Well, my favorite fighting game is Mortal Kombat, from classic ones, 4, PS2 ones... I like MK9 but I haven't played it yet... MKXL just a little bit, it's good but I have more fun with the classic ones...but MK 11 is disappointing to me, it killed MK for me...

I love fighting games, the very first fighting game I played was Battle Arena Toshinden for PS1.

I can say how many fighting games I love... I wanna create my own fighting game someday

On 9/26/2019 at 12:45 PM, TheGibusGuy said:

1. Super Smash Bros.

2. Street Fighter

3. Mortal Kombat

Never played many traditional ones much, but I did enjoy what little I played of them.

Heh, Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat are about as traditional as it gets for fighting games.

My list would be, as of this moment:

1-Street Fighter 2, the New Challengers (or grand master champion or whatever the final, complete version of SF2 was called, with proper turbo and a full roster.) Too many pointless revisions, but an amazing game regardless which version.

2-Super Smash Bros., particularly the N64 version. I was obsessed with Melee when I was younger but the smash community makes me cringe so hard my skin inverts, so I got kinda repulsed. All of the post-Melee smash games have too many weird, unfitting characters and are just too spazzy and “loud” in general for me. The 64 version has probably the best fighter balance and most cohesive aesthetic (even if it’s dated) so it’s risen to the top for me over the years.

3-Mortal Kombat II. Basically went through a less drastic but similar arc to the smash bros series. MK II fixed all the shitty aspects of the first game without becoming completely goofy and spazzy. The happy medium. I enjoy the whole MK series though, each one has merit.

5 hours ago, Doomkid said:

whatever the final, complete version of SF2 was called, with proper turbo and a full roster.

Super Ultra Turbo Mega Street Disagreement Action Committee Fighter part 47b: The Legend of Yung Battleman and his International Voyage to Discover a Secret Cure against the Ancient Yeti's Curse edition 

Spoiler

You guys might not know it, it was a limited run only in arcades for 2 hours before being pulled on account of it was too "far out"

• Mortal Kombat II
  • Mortal Kombat III
  • Mortal Kombat IV
  • Super Street Fighter II
  • Super Punch Out
  • Dragon Ball Z Tenkaichi Budokai 3

You like The New Challengers more than Super Turbo? That's weird. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that before. 

Tekken series :-  Tekken 5 (Tie at second place between Tekken 3 and Tekken 7.)

Mortal Kombat series :- MK2 (Second place MK3 - Third place MKX)

KOF series :- KOF 98' & 99'

Street Fighter series :- Street Fighter Alpha 3 (Tie at second place between Ultra SFIV & Third Strike)

Collaboration series :-  Capcaom vs SNK2 (Second place Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Third place Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter)

On 10/10/2019 at 9:16 PM, Doomkid said:

Heh, Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat are about as traditional as it gets for fighting games.

My list would be, as of this moment:

1-Street Fighter 2, the New Challengers (or grand master champion or whatever the final, complete version of SF2 was called, with proper turbo and a full roster.) Too many pointless revisions, but an amazing game regardless which version.

2-Super Smash Bros., particularly the N64 version. I was obsessed with Melee when I was younger but the smash community makes me cringe so hard my skin inverts, so I got kinda repulsed. All of the post-Melee smash games have too many weird, unfitting characters and are just too spazzy and “loud” in general for me. The 64 version has probably the best fighter balance and most cohesive aesthetic (even if it’s dated) so it’s risen to the top for me over the years.

3-Mortal Kombat II. Basically went through a less drastic but similar arc to the smash bros series. MK II fixed all the shitty aspects of the first game without becoming completely goofy and spazzy. The happy medium. I enjoy the whole MK series though, each one has merit.

Sorry I forgot to mention I didn't play MK of SF that much.