Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gustavo

The Breach - 2 Techbase maps

Hi all,

After struggling since 2012 to release a Doom map, I wanted to share 2 techbase maps I created between August and September 2019. Prior to this release all maps I worked on ended up becoming over ambitious beasts that I never quite finished. I decided to timebox myself and see what I could do in less than 2 months. The Breach is the product of this exercise. Since these are my first 2 finished maps don't expect anything fancy, they are pretty simple and straightforward.

Whats required:

1) Doom2.wad

These maps have been tested in GZDoom (3.5.1) and prboom+ (2.5.1.4). I'm not sure if they will work in other source ports. Hope you like them.

You can download the wad right here:

breach.rar

Screenshots below:

MAP01:

Spoiler

map01.png.c6e53d93f147b71835bcf77b6f343e5c.png

MAP02:

Spoiler

map02.png.169f6e60c5b7211d338b5bd5c92d705b.png

Edited by Gustavo

Ok. Here are my playthroughs of both maps. Like I mentioned, I recorded these once already but the mic wasn't working. So not a true FDA. Enjoyable little techbase maps. They definitely seem like they could be the opening maps of an episode. 

On 9/22/2019 at 2:07 PM, kknot5889 said:

Ok. Here are my playthroughs of both maps. Like I mentioned, I recorded these once already but the mic wasn't working. So not a true FDA. Enjoyable little techbase maps. They definitely seem like they could be the opening maps of an episode. 

Thanks so much for playing the maps and sharing your experience!