Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Smara1453

The classic Multiplayer is missing from Doom Eternal.

@jazzmaster9, I never said anything about not liking it. I simply said it is not meant to be optional or else they would’ve made it an option. That is why it is a feature and not meant to be optional. You can’t just “not use it”, you still have to at least shoot the staggered enemies or else they will regain health. People that say “just don’t use it” seem to just not truly understand that the game was NOT intended for you to not use it, because why would enemies just stagger around if they didn’t want you to perform executions? Again... if it was meant to be optional, there would be a setting to disable it... this isn’t an RPG where you choose your quest and actions, this is a shooting game, so this is a feature meant to be used and abused and not ignored. 

19 hours ago, tsunstealer said:

@jazzmaster9, I never said anything about not liking it.

Then why would you want to turn it off in the first place, or even make such a big deal about it?

I simply said it is not meant to be optional or else they would’ve made it an option. That is why it is a feature and not meant to be optional. 

So according to you the deffinition of optional is:

"Having an option in the options menu to turn staggered state off completely"

And everything that does not fit in this definition cannot be considered optional?

You can’t just “not use it”, you still have to at least shoot the staggered enemies or else they will regain health.

But you can "not use it", as you said, by shooting the staggered enemy. Are you now complaining that you have to shoot enemies in order to kill them?

People that say “just don’t use it” seem to just not truly understand that the game was NOT intended for you to not use it, because why would enemies just stagger around if they didn’t want you to perform executions?

Staggered state is designed to make things easier for people who enjoy performing glory kills. It does not make notable difference to people who don't.

Again... if it was meant to be optional, there would be a setting to disable it... this isn’t an RPG where you choose your quest and actions, this is a shooting game, so this is a feature meant to be used and abused and not ignored. 

Have you even tried not using them? I sure have and managed to finish the game on ultra violence with a controler wihout major difficulties. In some arenas I may have done one or two, but it definitely did not feel mandatory to perform them as you seem to be arguing.

Also, this video:

Looks pretty OPTIONAL to me.

Look glory kills are a core game mechanic that are a part of the push forward gameplay. Obviously you don't have to use them but you only stand to lose resources by not using them. You can not like them, but they are so brief (with a perk to be even faster) that they do not disrupt the gameplay.

doom ethernal needs a mod that adds spells and combos, so that the good folk from Mortal Kombat could be made available as playable charecters, now that fatalities (glory kills) is a thing in Doom :D

Personally I can't wait to use the showguns new..... "I'll get over there" trick.... Scorpion from MK would be so proud!