Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haruko haruhara

How do you make your index of wads site

Hi everyone I was wondering how to make your index of wads site  like

Tspg index an devilhunter an stickwick an I know stickwick is not there anymore as well as best ever an wad host  but I have so many wads that people will like an I want to make a site like wadhost were you can find all the good wads any help thank you

6 minutes ago, haruko haruhara said:

Hi everyone I was wondering how to make your index of wads site  like

Tspg index an devilhunter an stickwick an I know stickwick is not there anymore as well as best ever an wad host  but I have so many wads that people will like an I want to make a site like wadhost were you can find all the good wads any help thank you

so you want to make a repository for Doom wads? I like that idea, Wad Archive won't live forever, I can barely make out what your saying, but I think your asking how to make a website? learn some basic HTML and CSS first, there are a ton of YouTube tutorials. anyway once you figure out how to create basic html pages create a main page and seperate html files for each category, then you can have each category page link to downloads for your wads, or you can just use WordPress, with that you can add user accounts and a search bar.

9 minutes ago, haruko haruhara said:

image.png.9bd474e76668c8c8d6e324ce0f5e9f90.png

nice! also remember to click "Quote" on the comment you want to respond to, anyway click here to learn Bootstrap, it's a framework for websites that's great for beginners! 

Just now, haruko haruhara said:

image.png.c90e407c0939b0ab86ef67421840173a.png

that's not how websites work, you can't just create a html file and expect it to be on the internet, if you want to view the file just double click it to open it with chrome.

On 9/26/2019 at 8:59 PM, BBQgiraffe said:

that's not how websites work, you can't just create a html file and expect it to be on the internet, if you want to view the file just double click it to open it with chrome.

i had dowmloaded bootstrap i have the sourse an the main thing

inside the folders

no, the index.html has to be in the same directory as your js folder and your css folder

image.png.e03f1cf395671990c0352a13e7cd7bb8.png

ok, now watch a few Bootstrap videos on YouTube, after a while you will get the hang of it.

a good place to start

and keep your html file named index.html, you can have other files with different name but index.html is the file that browsers will open when they visit your site.

here is a guide to putting your site on the internet for free.

@haruko haruhara

...Look, you're not gonna get anywhere this way. It's obvious you have no idea what you're doing, and this kind of aimless discussion isn't gonna teach you a thing (especially with you just posting random screenshots without explanation).

What exactly do you want to create?

What do you mean by an "index of wads site"?

What kind of concept do you have in mind? What do you want the site to do?

Can you give us a more detailed explanation, or some examples of similar websites?

Maybe then we can tell you where to start.

Edited by JudgeDeadd