Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question

Hi everyone

I found and downloaded Trites (from Doom 3 but done as custom sprites for classic Doom) but how do I use them to ambush the player/Doomguy?

I was hoping to have them spawn into the map but the GZDoom Builder ain't listing them on the 'Spawn Thing' command :( 

It said in the 'Info' file in the Trites that I can use them to ambush players using an ACS file... What is that and how do I go about it?

Thanks

Edited by Mad Dal 85

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Mad Dal 85 said:

Hi everyone

I found and downloaded Trites (from Doom 3 but done as custom sprites for classic Doom) but how do I use them to ambush the player/Doomguy?

I was hoping to have them spawn into the map but the GZDoom Builder ain't listing them on the 'Spawn Thing' command :( 

It said in the 'Info' file in the Trites that I can use them to ambush players using an ACS file... What is that and how do I go about it?

Thanks

I've never made a non vanilla map but did you add the WAD to your resources? 

It's a wad I'm creating using both Doom 2 standard textures, weapons and monsters along with custom textures, weapons, monsters, ect. 

17 hours ago, Mad Dal 85 said:

What is ACS? Read this and this.

[addendum]

You write the script as a text file and then compile it. It's easy with GZDBBF.

Edited by Kappes Buur