Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DASI-I

Doom Zero - launch (and celebrating 25 years of Doom II)

8 hours ago, DASI-I said:

- Fully MS-DOS compatible! (minimum: Intel DX4 100MHz - recommended: Intel Pentium 60MHz)

Uh oh, guess I better start saving up for a new computer.

This does look amazing. Will it be playable in co-op?

OMG I had almost forgotten about this. Almost TWO (!) years after the demo!

Well, this is moving right to the top of my must-play list. Vanilla goodness, guys.

Edited by NightFright

1 hour ago, Degree23 said:

Uh oh, guess I better start saving up for a new computer.

This does look amazing. Will it be playable in co-op?

I hear CompUSA has a great clearance deal on 486s :P
But yes, there will be 4 player co-op (I definitely need to add that little info. Thanks).

Does this feature ZeroMaster as a boss? ;P

This looks great, and I can't wait to play it at the release. Thanks for the awesome map set.

Are the levels created by a neural network using purely self-learning and zero previous knowledge of the game?

!Update!
Gonna have to postpone the game by 1 day. So it will come out October 1st. Apologies to those eager to try it but some last minute bugs that have reared their ugly heads need to be ironed out. Don't worry. It's almost 100% done ^_^

Spoiler

busyfixing.jpg.a777fbb01da9fefe89faeed5bafb773c.jpg

25 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Any luck with fixing the bugs? Got really intrigued by the concept of mixing things up with vanilla limits.

Bugs are fixed :) But it's after midnight where I live, and I need to test the game first before uploading it. But Yes. It's done. Sorry that you guys don't get to play it tonight but after a quick run of the game tomorrow morning (just to make sure there aren't any bad surprises), expect to receive as soon as I figure out how to upload to /idgames/ :P

Upload it somewhere else first (Dropbox, Google Drive, whatever) before idgames, especially as that takes a little while. It'll be better for responding to feedback and making changes if needed.

Should mention that I'm looking forward to this as well, it very much looks like my kind of thing!

13 hours ago, AD_79 said:

Upload it somewhere else first (Dropbox, Google Drive, whatever) before idgames, especially as that takes a little while. It'll be better for responding to feedback and making changes if needed.

Should mention that I'm looking forward to this as well, it very much looks like my kind of thing!

Ok, will do.

Everyone! DOOM ZERO is released! (link in the first post)

Can I ask you guys a huge favor? This game has not received much in terms of game testing so please can I ask that you guys (preferably) record and upload to YouTube for analysis so that I can continue to improve it. Gameplay videos will go a long way to fixing bugs and refining the difficulty of the game. Thanks.

Hope you guys have fun!

Second!
And wow... this must be my first pwad that requires a dehacked file and gives you VISUAL FEEDBACK INGAME if you don't load it. Well played!

Here gameplay of the first two maps:

Spoiler

The video is commentated, so pretty much all of my thoughts and first reactions can be found there. Just finished E1M3 and I am very impressed so far. Very clever and creative design and good progression. I'll do a map or two a video (depending on the length) and post them here as I go along. 

Congrats on the release, @DASI-I! This is amazing so far.