Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jeroa

what is your playstyle

ragequiting after i die. it's the only reason i haven't beaten any of the commercial IWADS, i really need to work on it

Power through laying waste to all hellspawn before me like a titan of holy interdimensional justice, before turning slightly to the left, jumping and spazzing out in surprise like someone just hit me with a live wire because I overlooked a pinky somehow who is now eating my face off.

I always get all kills or as many as I can. If it's a map I've never played before, I do a little searching to find secrets but I don't waste any time, unless it's a map15. As far as combat, I always find a way to run out in the open and tackle enemies rather than hide and peek out because it's more exciting and also more likely to generate infighting. I used to be real anal with my ammo, and would carefully make sure I only used as much as necessary, however I have changed my ways and now am fine with ssging one imp. Also if I see an enemy on a high ledge or a hard to reach area, I just wait until the level takes me there to kill it instead of trying to snipe it because I hate trying to rely on doom's autoaim to hit far away or up high monsters.

13 hours ago, Arbys550 said:

Also if I see an enemy on a high ledge or a hard to reach area, I just wait until the level takes me there to kill it instead of trying to snipe it because I hate trying to rely on doom's autoaim to hit far away or up high monsters.

I do the same, it saves so much time and ammo!

Not sure what I said in one of the previous threads but I'd like to think my style has changed slightly.

Firstly, I savescum though I've been trying to cut down on it a bit. I still savescum a lot, especially on harder maps but I don't do it as much as I used to.

Then I take this slow and methodically. I don't care it's cheating but I always play with freelook and crouching (not jumping though). So I end up usually cheesing most fights by aiming at enemies that would be impossible to hit without freelook. I also take every chance I get to cheese a fight. Like many times, a fight was supposed to have me go past a door, it closes and then I'm stuck with monsters. Half the time, I find a way to get back before the door closes and clear the arena from the safety of the other room. I also use the pistol to snipe enemies from half-way across the map (includes anything smaller than a SM or Cyberdemon). I try to alert as little of the enemy as possible at once. So I'd usually find ways to cheese the hell out of "Block sound" lines. Also I abuse cover and doors and corners. I try to find a position on a arena where I am not going to get hit easily and then proceed to slowly kill enemies via chip damage. 

Idk about anyone else, but I play a ton of doom in between other games loading and stuff, due to it being so fast and painless getting into a game.  So I get careless in survival where I'm usually the meat gettin ground in the meatgrinder.  Shotgun blazin gettin mutilated within 1 min of each match.  Always fun XD