Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gifty

Hell On Earth Shareware [6 Map Episode / Limit-Removing] Now with less soft locks!

Oh, hell yeah! Recently re-discovered your Hell for Leather episodes and have been keeping an eye on this for a while. Keen as a bean to play!

Quick screen of the final map. Nearly ready for beta testing! I hope you like Brown.

image.png.7a4fd1433ebbbe441993db79cdefa987.png

The final map is essentially done now, I decided to restart MAP05 from scratch because it wasn't working for me. It's coming close, folks!

Untitled.jpg

Should include that scrapped map as a "bonus outtake" outside of regular episode progression or something along those lines. More maps are never a bad thing and it'd be a shame to waste the effort!

On 5/6/2020 at 1:41 AM, Gifty said:

We have a titlepic! That means it must be finished soon, right? :P

TITLEPIC.png

Reminds of the Hell part of the movie Constantine.

Looking forward to the release.

Let me just say that this was a great concept for a megawad. A kind of different take on what might've been.
Also, an episodic structure's always more fun (to me, at least) and the fact it'll have it's own OST is the cherry on top.
Can't wait to buy it on that imaginary electronics store.

This seems like a pretty interesting idea for a map pack. Like an alternate Doom 2 dimension or timeline of sorts. Just out of curiosity how is progress getting on right now?

I'm basically still on the final map, just reworking level 5. I had a burst of progress a couple weeks ago and have gotten tangled up with a bunch of other stuff. Still gonna happen! Thanks for your continued interest, folks. C:

My most anticipated wad-in-progress for 2020 and still not out. Gimme! If you're worried that if you release after cacowards that it won't count for 2021, I'm pretty sure it won't be overlooked...

Giant bump! The final map of this episode is finally COMPLETE! (Don't ask me why, but I mapped, scrapped and restarted that last doggone level three separate times) Soon the episode will be out and playable, just making the final adjustments for Boom compatibility and some basic balance finessing. I unfortunately had to drop the "SHREDS" companion music pack, as it was just more work than I had time for. But the levels are nearly ready and looking beautiful!

This will be the first of several long-dormant map releases I make this year. c:

Edited by Gifty

Could it be... after all this time? This wad is released? Wow, I'm so sorry everyone for the constant false starts and waiting. This episode kept slipping through my fingers for years. But it's finally out! Hopefully without any major issues or bugs!

Hope everyone enjoys. :) I'm sure there will be a followup update soon, so let me know if you encounter anything that needs fixing. This is my first dip into making a Dehacked patch, so I'm nervously waiting to see if anyone's PC catches fire.

Edited by Gifty

15 minutes ago, Gifty said:

Could it be... after all this time? This wad is released? Wow, I'm so sorry everyone for the constant false starts and waiting. This episode has kept slipping through my fingers for years. But it's finally out! Hopefully without any major issues or bugs!

Hope everyone enjoys. :) I'm sure there will be a followup update soon, so let me know if you encounter anything that needs fixing.

Congrats on the release! After over 2 years of waiting, I can finally get my hands on this.

Just made a small hotfix for some small oversights:

-removed extra weapon placements in Map05 that were left over from testing
-fixed unreachable secrets in map04: Atomizer

New version 1.1 is available in the OP.

3 Gifty drops in the same day? 2023 has only just begun and we're already eatin' real good!

Very keen to finally give this set a blast thru! :)

Finished the first two maps - loving it so far! 

Spoiler

I hit the switch to the left immediately upon starting Map02 - that was a rude awakening compared to the first map haha! I also like the new Mancubus replacement.

Widescreen statusbar available, aka HOEBAR (tm).

hoeshrwr_stbar.png

hoeshrwr_wide.zip

I have also fixed the DECORATE and MAPINFO files:

- DEHACKED: Added map names, fixed mistakes in cluster text ("don't" --> "doesn't", "pulverated" --> "pulverized")

- MAPINFO: Removed wrong "lookup" code from MAP02-MAP06 definitions, added cluster text & fixed mistakes (see DEHACKED)

hoeshrwr_assets.zip

Notes:

- If you add these, the LANGUAGE lump also won't be needed any more (since its text is included in MAPINFO).

- It might be a good idea to integrate DEHACKED into the actual wad as well for more convenient usage in modern ports.

Edited by NightFright

I've been watching this project on and off for a good while now, so it's cool to see it out. Will download.

Spoiler

image.png.db6d9c1aa4cdf6e574e7af87f86c3fb7.png

Playing in software, might want to fix this clipping mid texture.

Spoiler

image.png.d70738af15f13e50454a4f41bb16c44b.png

Found this HOM in map05, not sure what's causing it.

Edited by Egg Boy