Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Armolitskiy

Do you like mods where weapons have recoil?

A couple of questions  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like mods where weapons have recoil?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Which recoil do you prefer?

• Big
    • Medium
    • Low

I'm currently creating my mod. And I asked myself, do I need to add recoil to my mod? I want to find out from you whether you like it or not.

Edited by Armolitskiy

10 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Poll should have had the option "depend on source ports/type of your mods", really.

I do not understand you. What would it look like?

20 minutes ago, Armolitskiy said:

I do not understand you. What would it look like?

Spoiler

Like, what type of mod? Is it a map or a gameplay mod? If it's a gameplay mod, what type of weaponry would be in the mod? Realistic, futurisitic-themed or ancient-themed weapons? 

Well may I suggest that you add an option to tweak that aspect of your mod? Because some people may like it but others may not.

2 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Like, what type of mod? Is it a map or a gameplay mod? If it's a gameplay mod, what type of weaponry would be in the mod? Realistic, futurisitic-themed or ancient-themed weapons? 

My mod is quite simple. This is a compilation from several of my resources and from the resources of the website realm667. But I’m editing some sprites of the doom2 game and scripts of weapons and monsters that I took from the website realm667. The goal is to preserve the gameplay of the original game, but at the same time add more content and slightly improve the vanilla stuff. I do not use crazy weapons and crazy monsters.

2 hours ago, Karl515 said:

Well may I suggest that you add an option to tweak that aspect of your mod? Because some people may like it but others may not.

Maybe I will do it, but I promise nothing.

Recoil is fine in moderation, but there's certain things that bug me when modders do it. 

1. When the recoil physically moves the character. This is ok if it makes sense for the weapon (i.e. a huge laser cannon) but otherwise it's just annoying.

2. When the recoil resets your view for you, like the Quake 2 machine gun. This is annoying because I'm already altering my view to compensate for the recoil, but when I'm done firing I end up pointing at my feet.

3. When the recoil makes the weapon actively unfun and difficult to fire. A low damage, semi auto weapon, should not be forcing me to fire at the ceiling after firing it more than twice. The recoil should facilitate how the gun is supposed to be used.

That's my 2 cents, anyways. Other people may feel different, but at the end of the day, I just reccomend making  CVAR that lets people disable or tweak recoil, because, for me at least, bad recoil can ruin a mod.