Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alex!

Trying to make dialog in zdoom.

Question

I am trying my best for the wad I am making using the ZDIALOGUE script in slade? can someone please help me!

11 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

I've never really spent much time with it, but if you want to provide a link to the map, I'm sure someone might be able to spot the issue.

thank you so much man

8 minutes ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Apparently I don't have permission to view/download that file.

let me fix that

15 hours ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Apparently I don't have permission to view/download that file.

I am up

Edited by Alex! : I woke up

Hey, so I took a look at it, and there were a few noticeable issues, such as you declaring " id = 1 ", despite the Dealer not having their TID set to 1 (in fact it's the linedef teleport using this TID). If you're going to use " id = x ", this has to correspond with the actor you're setting up the dialog for. I *think* you also need to declare which actor you're trying to use, with " actor = Dealer " in this case, right under the " id = x " line.

Another issue you're going to run into is the "cost" of the pistol. It looks like you're trying to set it up to cost 1, as you have " amount = 1 ", yet you haven't set up anything as a form of currency. There's nothing in the WAD for this " 1 " to be taken from. I definitely have no idea how to set up money systems in ACS, or otherwise, so I'll be of zero help there.

I've basically been having to re-learn how this dialog system works -- I only ever attempted to make this once, quite a while ago, and bumbled my way through it. I'm sure there are obvious syntax errors here, but I'm really struggling to spot them. I think you'd have a much better chance of sorting this out with the help of someone who really knows their stuff, because unfortunately, that's not me. I think if you tried starting from scratch, and carefully follow that tutorial, you can probably get a very simple dialog going with the Dealer (without the cost/purchasing and multiple page complexities) first, and slowly build it up from there. Sorry I can't be of more help. 

16 minutes ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Hey, so I took a look at it, and there were a few noticeable issues, such as you declaring " id = 1 ", despite the Dealer not having their TID set to 1 (in fact it's the linedef teleport using this TID). If you're going to use " id = x ", this has to correspond with the actor you're setting up the dialog for. I *think* you also need to declare which actor you're trying to use, with " actor = Dealer " in this case, right under the " id = x " line.

Another issue you're going to run into is the "cost" of the pistol. It looks like you're trying to set it up to cost 1, as you have " amount = 1 ", yet you haven't set up anything as a form of currency. There's nothing in the WAD for this " 1 " to be taken from. I definitely have no idea how to set up money systems in ACS, or otherwise, so I'll be of zero help there.

I've basically been having to re-learn how this dialog system works -- I only ever attempted to make this once, quite a while ago, and bumbled my way through it. I'm sure there are obvious syntax errors here, but I'm really struggling to spot them. I think you'd have a much better chance of sorting this out with the help of someone who really knows their stuff, because unfortunately, that's not me. I think if you tried starting from scratch, and carefully follow that tutorial, you can probably get a very simple dialog going with the Dealer (without the cost/purchasing and multiple page complexities) first, and slowly build it up from there. Sorry I can't be of more help. 

I know was about to add that thanks! and i will start from scratch next time and get better help! thanks for the health

Edited by Alex! : more text